Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

captain cynic

User Thread
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that the awful noise is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
captain cynic
this site seems to be dying.no one really wants to discuss or debate anything. it seems yall just browsing and typing a one sentence opinion if you feel like it

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Perhaps you check it too often or are not following currently active topics and threads.

Do you check newest posts or browse through all the topics individually?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that the awful noise is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
wow cirrus for being the head admin. youre getting defensive when i just brought up a single point. im not going to type and type paragraphs when you know what i mean inwhat i did type. i usually check the newest posts, and you have to admit, some peoples responses to things are weak and backed by nothing but fleeting emotions at the time.. cough cough

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, personally, I wouldn't be as happy here if we weren't allowed to be human.

And I am quite fond of the notion that I can even relate to the head admin on such a personal and exposing level, who happens to just be a very deep and creative individual that took the time and effort to make and maintain this very freeing atmosphere I so often frequent.

Given your post number I'm guessing you may be fairly new here, your assertion that all are mostly short posts makes me guess further that you haven't picked very involved topics and don't prefer to backread threads, not every post is going to be profound, but there are plenty of those or at least long winded attempts if you look around.

I can't possibly know for certain, but you may be suffering newbie fever or seeing a lack in your own level of activity in your personal life and are over relying on the forum.

I honestly don't say that to be offensive, I'm just describing something from my own experience, here even. Maybe I'm way off, maybe you can relate, maybe you'll let me know, who knows.

Let me ask you this, are people not debating or are too many people in agreement?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 62yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Lady Tazmanian is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree with leftwood.

One of many reasons why I like this place is because of Cirrus. He's not the type of administrator that will always bite his tongue to remain on 'good terms' with his members. He's a tell like it is type of guy which can be very amusing and entertaining.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
sadly i think my biggest debate on here has dealt with vegitarianism

get over yourself Noise. i havent read any life altering posts from you either. there have been several insightful points made over the course of my time here. yes, a lot of it is clutter. but sometimes a single sentence can spark a lot of creativity in a person.

i dont see how Cirrus was being defensive there... observent yes... funny yes... but defensive? hmm

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius-and a lot of courage-to move in the opposite direction. " Einstein

""No words""
captain cynic
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy