Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Mind Fields, anyone?

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that mindfields19 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Mind Fields, anyone?
Anyone here read, or at least glanced at the book Mind Fields? It's sort of an anthology, for lack of a better word (its late..), of artwork by Jacek Yerka and fiction by Harlan Ellison. I found it in my parent's old house just lying around somewhere and I am really interested to hear other people's take on Ellison's fiction. For the most part they are just page long short stories apparently inspired by 34 of Yerka's beautiful surreal paintings. Each story is set up in a journal-esque way, and they all trigger an introspective mood in me. Just wondering if anyone was familiar with this book, and if anyone else liked it as much as I did. I loved the first story, "The Creation of Water"

"In the beginning, night was memory was water, and in the cool aquamarine depths dreams swam freely."
 33yrs • M •
Taz1144 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Mind Fields, eh? Sounds interesting...short stories based on paintings... Kinda sounds like something I would do. I'll see if our library has it, and I'll try and pick it up.

"And you. I wish I didn't feel for you anymore."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that mindfields19 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Its an interesting book, not a GREAT read; I am not positive the fiction can be defined as short stories. Then again, I am not sure what one WOULD call them. The art of Yerka is most interesting to me, but I would love to hear anyone's interpretation of Ellison's words.

"In the beginning, night was memory was water, and in the cool aquamarine depths dreams swam freely."
Mind Fields, anyone?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy