Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Great book

User Thread
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Great book
This book deserves its own thread because it answers many of our questions...a step outside of ourselves...

The God part of the brain by Matthew Alper

http://www.godpart.com/

I don't clam it has all the answers but it will certainly open ur eyes!

""No words""
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
is this coming in connection with the bit of the thread somewhere else, where we discussed god as part of the brain, and that being why we only used 20%.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes...it fits that well. But I think its a bit deeper than that. I just want for the theologians to see the other side. As soon as I find a good book stating the possibility of spirit as a reality I'll post that to for the atheists. All good and healthy even if it means creating a mucky mess

""No words""
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It may well be true that we can find a part in the brain that is wired to reach out to a god of some sort. The Bible does say that "we have eternity set in our hearts". Does this book though answer the question why we are made this way?

Do the fundamental questions of life get answered from this? Where did we come from? Why are we here and where will we go when we die?

Every human being searches for an answer to these questions.

some of the quote from readers are staggering :
quote:

I feel more peaceful and positive now.

What happens when he wakes up and finds that he still has the same unanswered questions?

quote:

Defines in a clear and concise manner what each of us already knew but were afraid to admit and exclaim. The cats out of the bag.

The answers to these questions cannot be found in the human mind!

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
and did heyjme claim that it would answer those questions?
and have you read it? may it does answer those questions, it cannot do so fully, but mayb it gives a better idea than any other source.

If it defines what we all already kne, then all it does is sorts our thoughts into a more rational pattern, which would make you more peaceful, you still have the same questions, but you can see what the gaps you need filling are, and mayb see why some of your questions are irrelevant.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
Great book
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy