A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good - Beatleboy182
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Questioning his Behaviour - Page 6

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It is not 'good' to serve self above all others.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 39yrs • M •
It is not 'good' to serve self above all others.

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
then nothing is good. becaause every action is done for the will of the actor, and i think you are wrong about that. why is it not "goos" to help yourself, especaily when you help others

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
It is good to help others and only help yourself when to do otherwise would stop or limit your help to others. This is good because it helps people build relationships and keep a collective interest in mind so as to better the whole by improving the sum

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
then i guess im real fuckin' "good"

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
knowing very little about you I cannot comment on that.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
This superiority and inferiority nonsesne is just a part of your ego. Every indivdual is equally valid but for some reason we judge such that some individuals we call inferior and scientific laws operate becuase of the organisation of the universe, created by a much higher intelligence.
I agree but I deal with handicapped people a lot more than most people so I tend to project thoee preceptions learned dealing with mentally handicapped upon so-called normal people or situations, it gives a certain clarity to them.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Atheists also are subject to the moral code created by God

Etherealmeekle: Wrong. Some ethics may conform each other, yet Athiests have no direct connection to a deity. Your justification for this is?

The plausible theory ethereal is that Atheists are capable of governing their own moral behavior. And if you don't understand that, then attaining thorough explinations through personal research is suggested before you question Atheism. ie. books, internet.

You can also consider this:
1. If theism is true then 'God is good' is morally significant.
2. If theism is true then God plays an explanatory role in ethics.
3. If 'God is good' is morally significant, then moral goodness must be independent of God.
4. If God plays an explanatory role in ethics, moral goodness must be dependent on God.
Therefore: Theism is false. Theism in other words, is self contradictory and hence false. We can construct an exactly parallel argument substituting "God wills us to do what is good" with "God is Good" and by doing this we capture the challenge to theism. By the way, this was posed by Plato's dilemma.

You cannot be moral without making choices. Simply obeying rules, tradition and dogmatic answers to moral questions do not make a person moral. Morality requires choices, and the more that a person relies on a "text book of morality" or dogmatic pre-laid rules, the less they are acting as a moral person. Obeying rules because you think you should is not the same as making moral choices, therefore at best such people are morally neutral, amoral."

Awakenedwraith: You didn't interpret the 'Me first, always' ideology correctly. It doesn't mean Athiests are selfish, it means that they realise that there is a standard of goodness independent of a 'god' and they admit that 'god' cannot be the source of morality. In other words, they choose to be independent of a deity.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
The plausible theory ethereal is that Atheists are capable of governing their own moral behavior

Would you say Hitler, Stalin and Mussolini did right or wrong?

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 48yrs • M •
quote:
If 'God is good' is morally significant, then moral goodness must be independent of God.

God is the source of goodness. His goodness is not measured by some outside reference. He is the reference for what is good. Moral goodness can only be dependant on God.

37yrs • M •
quote:
Would you say Hitler, Stalin and Mussolini did right or wrong?

I am not an athiest, as I have never claimed to be. However according to my morals, yes they simply did wrong.

quote:
God is the source of goodness. His goodness is not measured by some outside reference. He is the reference for what is good. Moral goodness can only be dependant on God.

If 'God is good' is morally significant, then moral goodness must be independent of God. If God plays an explanatory role in ethics, moral goodness must be dependent on God. Theism is self contradictory and hence false.

48yrs • M •
What if I believed they did nothing wrong. They just lived up to there own morals. Could you really say I was wrong?

NOTE: My belief is they were very wrong.

48yrs • M •
What do you mean by 'morally significant'?

37yrs • M •
If hypothetically you believed they did nothing wrong then from your perspective your beliefs would be right. But from my perspective you would be wrong.

Moral significance basically means something has ethical importance.

[  Edited by summit at   ]
 48yrs • M •
So then where does a government get right and wrong from?

Questioning his Behaviour - Page 6
  2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy