Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Questioning his Behaviour - Page 4

User Thread
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
tell.me. do you have a photo of him, or was his holy aura stopping the lens from focusing in. and what did he say? what did he do? where was he? and if you can answer any of these qeustions, who gave you the anserws? are they reliable sources? do you know them? how long? are they still even alive? or does this come from the bible? y'know how we have "editors" today. so did they back then. but they weren't as..... i was going to say fiar, but i think trullful is a better word.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
but they weren't as..... i was going to say fiar, but i think trullful is a better word.

Were you there back then? How can you arbitrarily say anything about people who lived thousands of years before you were born? Do you have photos of them doctoring up the Bible? Did you help them do it?

quote:
and what did he say?quote]

Do you recall every word that any one of your friends has ever said? He has said many things some of which I recall and some which I cannot. He has asked me questions or suggested certain activities.

[quote]what did he do?

Do you recall ever action taken by any one of your friends? Again I do no recall all the things that God has done, but I remember specifics of how He physically saved my life or how He provided groceries and necessities when my dad was unemployed.

quote:
where was he?

As far as I call tell He is everywhere.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Do those who don't believe in a God,base this upon the actions of those calling themselves believers?
Or is the consideration of a superior being to man nonsense?
Do they fear the concept that superior being controls their destiny?
That man is not in control, man is not supreme or domainate species?
quote:
what did he say? what did he do? where was he? and if you can answer any of these qeustions, who gave you the anserws? are they reliable sources? do you know them? how long? are they still even alive? or does this come from the bible?
For Christians, none know GOD (the Father) except Jesus, who manifest the true nature of GOD. That Jesus' love & compassion is a reflection of GOD's spirit. As Jesus served the people for their good so therefore does GOD.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
maybe not everything but definetly some things. and you didn't answer any of my questions, but i'll anserw yours. i have faith. plenty. just not in god. and unlike you, i've excepted the fact that i could very well be wrong. you should try it. its better than sex.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 72yrs • M •

quote:
As far as a superior beings existence is concerned, I believe it is wholly possible.
well, that was the point of useage of superior / inferioraspect extends to within the genesis of humankind?
quote:
And if you believe he didn't place you in that situation then he obviously isn't as powerful as he "says" he is.

No, to overcome the more primative (animalistic) instincts of carnivorves.

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Going back to the original question I think it can be boiled down to:

'Plato asked the question whether conduct is right because it is commanded by the gods or if the gods command it because it is right.'

Essentially then which came first; God (or Gods) or righteousness? Indeed if you go to the Bible you will hear 'God and His righteousness'. Now its very hard to conceive of things beyond the boundaries of the self but the answer lies in us.

This is just figurative speech to help me explain, I may edit later..its not easy to try and imagine what God is, whether he exists, etc. it is something 'felt' as opposed to 'known':

Imagine beams of light connecting everything. Thus imagine a network of light just eminating from every soul (or sole). The collective of these lights brings to bear a whole 'world' a world where chemicals, matter and other properties are 'held' in place by the adjoining properties of light vibration, or collective consiousness. This collective consiousness shifts from time to time by the change in itself. The collective change brings about 'truth' but truth is not static, it is amorphous as change is pereptual. If you were ever to stop the change which is impossible it would freeze the state and there would be truth. The present is always different. There is only ever now but its always changing. So what is God. Well literally there exists an 'ocean' of forever changing 'currents' where there are no boundaries and where there are an infinity of possibilities. The collective of all there is, is God, and God exists in the collective infinity of all that is. Thus, if you like, truth is God. Imagine yourself as a beam of light and about this beam is a body. You can choose to direct your life according to the cofines of the body or you can reduce to pureness and steadfastly change a sea of events.

What is right is a product of infinity. And if God is infinity righteousness is a product of God. God is partly good therefore but much more still. For we are of God and what is good is a product of mortal assessment; perception.

""No words""
 72yrs • M •
Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.
If GOD exist then GODkind would be the supreme form of being? So what standard would you ascribe to superior toward the inferior beings?

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
DO unto other as you would have do unto them.

If we are all one, but different, then this answers easy for it is literal.

quote:
GOD exist then GODkind would be the supreme form of being?

You forget that man is just a form; as, if there are aliens, or there are dogs, cats, fish, urchins, etc. these are forms also. The thing that seperates them is intelligence; and the collective is forms of intelliegence in a greater zone of intelligence, which you may assume to be God.

quote:
So what standard would you ascribe to superior toward the inferior beings?

That would be intelliegence. But the material world of intelligence is a projection of infinity, God. And God is a spirtual 'intelligence' of which part is you, but you, however you wish to get away from it are part of a material body at present. This superiority and inferiority nonsesne is just a part of your ego. Every indivdual is equally valid but for some reason we judge such that some individuals we call inferior and scientific laws operate becuase of the organisation of the universe, created by a much higher intelligence.

Remember, that I am in no way saying all life is God, all though is everything not living? But that God is infinity and so much more. The whole is different to the sum of its parts.

""No words""
 72yrs • M •
Agreed heyj, anti-chriatian tend to form from experiences [dealing with so-called christian] while pointing to the Old Testament archtype.
So the question 'how should have GOD acted toward man & why? As if we extend that a supreme being should act in some manner then GOD's existence would be more acceptable; that being would fit into our perception of GOD?

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
[  Edited by sleepingwraith at   ]
 72yrs • M •
quote:
There would be no loss or gain now would there?

well, yes science does state that doesn't it in the form of matter (energy) is neither created nor destroyed but changed in form?

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yes, the law of conservation of mass states that mass is neither created nor destroyed.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
[  Edited by sleepingwraith at   ]
 38yrs • M •
that article makes no such claim that mass can be destroyed.
Energy is matter. Matter is mass. Mass and energy are constant.

38yrs • M •
I already said mass is energy my friend.

Questioning his Behaviour - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy