You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. - Max Ehrmann
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

reality!!

User Thread
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that the awful noise is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
reality!!
what do you think about the explosion of "reality" tv lately?

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Reality TV...
Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of it, becasue as hard as they try, they cant leave reality alone. I mean, in reality, you wouldn't have to do contests if you were lost on a tropical island. But don't get me wrong i do watch it, but i just wish that they would stick to the reality a little more.

"He who does not question is lost."
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that the awful noise is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i just cant believe we keep feeding into these things. just because its on doesnt mean we have to watch it. i hate when greedy people try to see into others lives. like for ex. a car crash.. people slow down and stare. OMG. mind your own damn business. maybe reality tv makes drama acceptable too?

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Japan is the only place where its really gotten bad...

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hmm Japanese relaity television, never seen it, but i wouldn't doubt that it's gotten bad there.

"He who does not question is lost."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
reality tv is pathetic. it is a platform for the scum of our countries to make a spectacle of themselves on national television. it is a aste of time and money. also programs such as the one where they put two members of a couple on different islands and then tempt them with members of the opposite sex is sick. how is it okay to thinkingly attempt to ruin peoples relationships for tv ratings?

When watching the new version of "the stepford wives" everyone finds the reality tv programs that nicole kidmans character suggests absolutely ridiculous. but think about it, are we actually that far from some of those things?

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that syrcadalena is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My family never watches the shows we used to watch together, 'cause now they're busy watching Big Brother every waking moment of the day. My dad watches it on his computer while he's home. And every time I try and make a reference to the Big Brother of 1984, everyone gets confused 'cause they think I'm talking about the show. e.e Bugs me a bit.

"For each time mankind progresses, man himself regresses."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
im am proud to say, no-one in my family watches any of them. they all think that they are a load of crap, which they are.

just out of interest, how many times do you make references to big brother from 1984? and have you read the book?

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that syrcadalena is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I dunno, like, more than once a day during the school year and every few days during the summer. It's my favourite book. I've read it quite a few times.

"For each time mankind progresses, man himself regresses."
 39yrs • F •
annie1 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
One question comes to mind...If you're walking down the street or in your car and see two people ardently arguing do you stop and stare? I know that I can't help but look over and try to figure out what's going on, reality tv allows you that insider's look into other people's lives. Let's face it all human beings are naturally curious that's why reality tv is so popular. If there wasn't an audience it wouldn't be on.

37yrs • F •
if i see people arguingi never stare i just keep going its none of my biznass

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Punkycarrot is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
reality tv isn't realy even reality
i mean in your normal every day life do you try and sleep with every one in the house?
i dont
but then maybe my family is just weird?
my friends watch reality tv and its totaly crap
why do you want to watch random idiots who want their 15 minutes of fame making an arse of them selves

and as for the staring thing
i dont tend to
if they want to look like morons then be my guest

"rock on"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There are lots of ways to at it, but usually as reality is not one of them.

The testing of people's resolves is often real though under contrived circumstances.

I enjoy much of it for that, to see people's limits, abilities, and behaviors.

But there are definitely better shows than others, some boring, some just too recycled.

What's kinda sad for actors is that this puts a lot of them out of work or forces them to take major paycuts. Though many actors get on reality shows and not many non actors take over actors jobs, the simple volume of reality shows is taking space that acting shows used to fill.

But job security is part of American history these days anyway.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In order for you to know the city you must know its back streets also. However, going down the backstreets alone is insuffficent. You must go down the main roads also. What reality tv does in my opinion is reject theain streets in favour of the side streets. It's absract. It picks out the dullest and the brightest and forgets the mainstream...yet of course those are mainly its intended viewers.

""No words""
[  Edited by heyjme1 at   ]
 40yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that past embrace is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm pretty discusted with most of 'reality' television. Yeah it does forget the mainstream. But the thing to remember is that it's entertainment/attention getting. I love the show Real World. I am notsure if it is fixed or not, but I just like watching it. Sometimes I wonder whether the things they do are staged, who knows??? To be honest I think that in a few years, reality shows will significantly die down because we won't be so stimulated and interested. It's all been done. Thumbs down to reality tv.

"i just want to have some little fun"
reality!!
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy