Do what makes you happy. For those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr Seuss
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Mind - Page 2

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
exactly

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
there is nothing 'unnatural' about all this, in fact it is the opposite. There's no harm in emotions, and suppressing or 'controlling' them will result in difficulties. the problem is that when you have an emotion, you think 'I am that emotion'. Emotions are constantly changing. They are simple proceses in your body, one minute your depressingly sad and the other minute you are happy. How can you define yourself by something that is constantly changing?

So there is no need to 'controll' emotions, and neither should it be encouraged, but don't let emotions controll you.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I disagree to an extent, controlling emotinons can be a useful thing depending on what you mean by it. if controlling your emotinons is purely suppressing a feeling to prevent it causing a problem, eg suppressing anger to prevent a fight, then it is a good thing. but that emotion must be dealt with in due course, not ignored totally. total ignorance of ones emotions is almost a coherent attempt at making yourself into a psycopath.
as Angel of Death said
quote:
don't let emotions controll you

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 37yrs • M •
one thing, emotions can lead a person to kill themselves...
therefore emotions are harmful in that regard

31yrs • M •
Lord.of.Anarchy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
So basically what you're saying is:

Everything that uses the word "brain" is good, and everything (that you mentioned) using the word "mind" is BAD. But none of it matters, so don't bother reading this. By the way, nothing matters! BUT DON'T KILL YOUSELF! Er... not that it matters.

"Merlyn was a hard conservative, which was rather progressive of him, considering he was living backwards."
 31yrs • M •
Lord.of.Anarchy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
AND EMOTIONS ARE BAD BECAUSE THEY MAKE YOU KILL YOUSELF! AND KILLING YOUSELF IS BAD BECAUSE IT CAUSES SORROW! Which is an emotion... I get it! If we have no emotion, nothing bad can happen! (nothing good, either) By things are only defined as good or bad if we have emotions... and only emotions would cause us to force ourselves into having no emotions... which would be horrible. MORAL OF THE STORY: Let people kill themselves! (but if you see someone trying to kill themselves, stop them! just let people kill themselves generally) That is the price you pay for having these wondeful things called emotions!

"Merlyn was a hard conservative, which was rather progressive of him, considering he was living backwards."
 31yrs • M •
Emotions: emotions are you, and you control yourself so emotions control you and there is nothing you can do about it! Just try practing log and common sense before using the animal instinct of smashing a lamp over the head of the next person to yell at you.

P.S. You're all crazy.

36yrs • M •
(s)he my only be 13 but (s)he already understands philosophy and theology completely. its all about people thinking about things to deeply, tieing their minds (or brains) in knots and then using long words to explain it to their friends, who sit their and smile and pretend they understand before coming out with something equally nonsensical and longwinded

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 37yrs • M •
hahaha i like this kid.. you are wise beyond your years..

I do know that i was contradicting myself when i said that emotions are bad cause they make u kill urself.. cause 1st i said that nothing matters so why would it matter if you killed yourself?

ans: i was just pointing out to "angle of death" that emotions are harmful but only if we want to go back to that objective state of mind.. in that case suicide would mean that emotions can be harmful, even tho i know that if some kills themselves it doesnt matter cause nothing does....

so you see i had to stoop to his level to point that out.... i was using a limitated yet logical response, in attempts to alter his mind set and take into account the fact that i could be right

in fact i know that nothing matters even this post or my time wasted on responding to it in the first place but i will continue to respond for my own personal ammusement and that is how i choose to waste my time, you can waste yours however u wish... perhaps u enjoy this too..

that is all i have to say.. and remember it doesnt matter... realize this every second of your life and you will be in a constant meditated state where everything is beautiful cause you control your mind know that its beautiful

doesnt that make perfect sense you have the power, now use it and dont be distracted by anything cause nothing matters. nothing.

maybe im not done.. lol..

read " I was underwater looking up... I was a fish, I wipped my tail to the bottom where it was peaceful and silent. suddenly a huge rock crashed into the water's surface. shock waves slapped me backward. . my fins whipped the water agian and i took off, seeking shelter. i hid till everything quieted down. as time passed, I became accustomed to the little stones that sometimes fell into the water makine ripple. the large plunks, however, still startled me."

understand?

dont be startled by the big things any more than the little things...

ex as i already said.. best friend dies..

46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that xanadoool is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
To live emotionlessly, is to clean by sweeping thing under the rug. You cannot ignore emotion, you can either supress it, or release it.

Emotion is potentiated energy, it's the bodies request for you to do something. By the body isn't too fussy as to WHAT you do.

So if you go the path of supression, eventually you will be carrying around a body that is screaming for you to do something, which will eventually play havoc with your mind.

Go the way of the release, and you learn to deal with each and every emotion appropreately and immediately, so you avoid any 'emotional baggage'.

Of course there's always option three... rewrite the psychological text books and show academia that they're wrong!

"Always give to the left, coz the right way is the wrong way."
 36yrs • M •
thats what i said a while ago, except i added that sometimes "sweeping the things under the rug" can prevent a situation getting worse as long as you later deal with the things you have swept under the rug.

37yrs • M •
i think that i will rewrite psychological text books

by the way i got an A in psychology.. just thought I'd let you know

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Emotion is potentiated energy

Self control can be used as a pressure valve so instead of allowing all energy to release at once like an explosion you can chose to release it slowly to produce a controlled reaction. Having self control is not synonymous with being emotionless is about not letting emotions control you.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
analytical, grades mean nothing in the world, they were made for money purpases.

there is such thing as book smart, real life smart, and genius. i guarentee you are not that latter of the three

36yrs • M •
congrats etheral you just repeated the last 4 posts in your own words.

grades do have some worth, they tell us how much of the information we have absorbed, and in subjects like psychology, our ability to put accross our own opinions. though admitedly they are not the absolute measure of our intelligence. for example einstein was thrown out of school, because he disagreed with the ideas of the day, but we all believe his ideas now.
as for analytical not being a genius, i think he can live with that, there seem to be less than 100 per century.

The Mind - Page 2
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy