"The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

impulsive society?

User Thread
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that the awful noise is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
impulsive society?
i know many people who are impulsive with a lot of their actions, but im thinking about people getting tattoos. It is something 'permanent' that represents what you stand for, how you want to be thought of, or what youd like to remember/embrace/strengthen. It actually makes me mad to see people walk in tattoo parlors with no idea of what or where they want. Ive been thinking about mine for almost 2 years and im sure that i dont want one. I did a while back, but everybody and their brother has one. I feel theyve lost their true purpose in a world of vanity. wow, more tatts of skulls, stars naked women and hearts... blahhh. go ahead.. give a star tattoo special meaning... whatev

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that fnckOff is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i agree. i used to go to that tat parlor with my mom all the time, it took years for them to finish hers because she wanted it perfect, and she drew it herself. it was an indian dream catcher and it had animals in it. its absolutly gorgeous (her boyfriend wont let her show it off, but he has several of those meaningless tats you talk of himself) my mom is part cherokee so thats why she designed the tattoo like so. its meaningful to her.

"I'd rather be superstitious about jumping jacks than superstitious that I needed to be drunk to do what I needed to do, or that I needed to have a specific pair of underwear on - jumping jacks, you don't need anything. - Gerard Way"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What difference does it make to you? If a person decides that a star makes them happy why rain on their parade?

quote:
I feel theyve lost their true purpose

In Japan tattoos were originally used to mark slaves and criminals. In Borneo they were used to mark out which women were most valuable for marriage.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 40yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that past embrace is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
if people continue getting these meaningless tattoos, the beauty will be gone. everyone wil flock to tattoo parlors for a certain look, not a certain feeling. it should enhance emotion and represent you, not depict a symbol of the temporary time

"i just want to have some little fun"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
although i do agree with past embrace, why do we put such value on tattoos? the meaning/significance of tattoos differ with each culture, just like clothes, hair and so on. in a sense, if it makes them happy, why not?

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that fnckOff is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i agree. the Jews may look down on Tattoos because of how they were used to number them like like items in a store.

"I'd rather be superstitious about jumping jacks than superstitious that I needed to be drunk to do what I needed to do, or that I needed to have a specific pair of underwear on - jumping jacks, you don't need anything. - Gerard Way"
 48yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that jennyabs is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sure not all tatoos mean the same thing to each person and culture, but what about fading factor? I get the concern of "impulsiveness". Do you really think every young girl who got a tribal tatoo on the crest of her butt thought how will it look when they are 80? Not that I care about celebs, but you often hear " Oh, so and so had thier ex's name removed ". Just like being a vegan, its a personal choice, and ya gotta respect it.

37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that the awful noise is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
if i ever see an old lady with tribal tatts im going to laugh in her face. it is a personal choice but i dont have to accept it. stupid tatts are more popular and people are ruining themselves.

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
i dont have to accept it

Then why trouble yourself with complaining about it.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
impulsive society?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy