The empty space between us is a canvas of uncertainty and each kiss paints the portait of love. - Candace Abreu
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Ignorance

User Thread
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that the awful noise is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ignorance
My friend told me that I think too much. While i analyze a lot of things and think my actions through. He just lives. Where i have found that thinking too much about things just leaves me confused. Captain cynic members are probably all tied in together somehow. We like to think about things, challenge thoughts. But if i keep asking myself, whats the meaning of life? im going to lose the meaning of it with my analitical circles. i feel that ignorance is better. Living without questioning your thoughts and actions certainly feels better than worrying about things that dont need to be worried about. Just take a look at some of these threads on the site and ask, do we really need to ask this, or just go with it?

19yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that fireflys is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i dont think anyone can really conclude alot of things, no matter how old or young. there are some things that can be concluded simply, or that we already have answers to. then there are things where we keep changing our answers or just never come up with an answer and keep thinking about it over and over trying to find the answer. you can decide to keep thinking, keeping in mind that you might never come to a conclusion, or you can just sit back and not care about conclusions, answers, and thoughts. its really up to you, not thinking about it is probably easier, but personally i like a challenge.

"Don't sweat the petty things, don't pet the sweaty things."
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that the awful noise is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yeah nothing in life is really definite. i hate when im asked whats my favorite color... or how do i feel? i like different colors depending on what object it is and my definition of happy can be your definition of ive been better
anyway- yes not thinkingis easier. i also like challenge and if i chose the path of not thinking, being ignorant, i think that would also make me very unlikeable and boring.
being 18 is confusing.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
it sounds so much better when you put it like that. i simply say i hate everyone. of course i dont mean it in the way one would assume. its just that more than likely so and so is going to be a jackass.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It's not necessarily being different, you'd be surprised how many are probably frustrated in the same situation. I just had this conversation last night about how mad I was about feeling like I was thinking way too much for my age, but the idea was...do I rather act like I'm ignorant and indulge myself in stupid 20 year old things instead? I mean, is that even completely possible if you're aware that you're trying to BE ignorant, it's not quite blissful anymore.

You just thrive on it, and build yourself in ways that others around you can't or don't care to. And you'll find a sort of identity in that.

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes ignorance has its advantages but over time it is boring.
Ignorance is bliss to some extent but knowledge and curiosity for the unknown is what makes life purposeful. "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing". Einstein

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." Einstein

It is more of a privilege to think, to question rather than sit on your ass all your life and not expand your mind.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 37yrs • F •
thank you for the replies.. they kinda made that final push for me...headed in the right direction and confident about it

Ignorance
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy