You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. - Max Ehrmann
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Questioning God's Existence - Page 6

User Thread
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Quite right; depends whether you believe in God learned from nature or learned from scripture! My real point is that you have to have faith in something. Scientists for example, have faith that nature accords to rules. That could be a belief in God- in one sense. The human brain needs some driver and that is usually faith in something. It is true some faiths are clearly more correct(?) than others.

""No words""
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
right, human society as a whole would cease to function withought faith, though individually some live life withought it. I think if you are able to live withought faith in anything, then you must be wise.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm not convinced any indivdual can live without faith per se.

""No words""
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
religion brings peace

religion brings war

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I think if you are able to live withought faith in anything, then you must be wise.

One who lived without faith would be a fool. Most things we do in life are faith related. Example you see a chair and you sit on it, that is an act of faith because you trust the chair to support your weight. Without faith people would become paranoid.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • M •
on a materialistic level, yes, u have of faith in life's functions, but on a higher level you should be able to realize that all these are are simple faiths, they are limited. U should not mistake your 'faith' in something for the absloute truth. You may have faith in the chair, but you know that having faith is no better than having an opnion, and will not sit on it if it looks broken.

U must have faith to an extent that it does not begin to control you, and the wisdom to realize that opinions are not fact, and faiths are not necesarily the truth, and so being able to rise above them.

55yrs • F •
Maura3 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Honda! I hope I'm not too late. For your daughter's sake at least....please seek help. I feel for you. Life is worth living for the things that life itself offers...the smile on your daughter's face etc. Even if you don't believe in God or Heaven, life does have things in itself that brings happiness. With what you've experienced lately, you have forgotten about life's happy moments. Create new ones with your daughter and talk to someone about your depression. It's normal to feel this way but please don't do anything without at least trying to get help...again....for your daughter's sake. I'm sure you want her life to be happy and if she loses you too...I doubt she would have any happiness. I do believe in God so I'll say a prayer for you. I have questioned God's existence but I figure it can't hurt to pray and feel heard by someone/something. What's the real harm in believing?? none that I can think of.
I care!

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Humanity as a whole can exsist without faith. we would just find another means of defintion for our lives. I however, do believe in god, henceforth in the ability of using faith and belief as a guide. One thought i had on the exsistence of god is that matter itself, cannot exsist forever, it eventually breaks down into pure energy. Therefore all matter has a life span, and this may sound corney but a line from the matrix, or rather a reversel of the line elaborates. "Everything that has a beginning has an ending", therefore "Everything that has an ending has to have had a begining". Matter could not have exsisted forever and then just decided to die off.

"What is true power?"
 35yrs • M •
I think I ll choose to ignore this muara-lol.

but the thing is, the universe having a beggining or an end does not neccesarily mean that there is a God.
For me, the more important question is what is God. I do not believe in God in the sense that there is some entity sitting up there with human like behaviour judging us all, however I do not disregard that there is something responsible for existance.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
*And from the dust of the earth he created man in his own image*

i've been gone for a minute from this site....gaining insight in alot of aspects relating to God and life and all metaphysical subjects that I could get my hands on....and i've come to realize and understand many things that have been said in the past and present.......The Almighty created us from his own image...meaning that we look like him....we act like him... The spiritual creator is inside each of us...because the spirit of the creator is life......So i've stopped looking to the sky for a being of unfathomable features.....and looked towards reality and life as i know and understand it......

*thy will be done on earth...as it is in heaven*

^^that says basically whatever is in heaven (only the spirtual place)...is done on earth...in reality.....so if the almighty in heaven in spiritual...when he shows his face you'll see him in a physical form......hence me looking toward the way of life of the RASTAFARI......Haile Selassie I..king of kings...lord of lords...conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah....(as his title states).....if you realize that no man recieves his power of himself...and no man shapes fate by himself except through the choices given to him by the father.....then you would realize that....Appointment of that name could only be established by the ultimate...the creator of life....the living God Almighty in the Flesh on earth................The existence of God is not something to confound the thoughts of man... but yet it's a simplification of understanding...and realizing your own reality........then all questions cease.........look it up for yourself....

"Being is not knowing!"
 35yrs • M •
there is no such thing as God per se, as that implies that God is seperate. u can say that in reality, God is all that exists. Once u even get a glimpse of what you really are, you will know what I m talking about, you will get a glimpse of the true nature of our reality.

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
and what are.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 35yrs • M •
that which all forms of spirituality preach, that we are all one etc

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
there is no such thing as God per se, as that implies that God is seperate. u can say that in reality, God is all that exists. Once u even get a glimpse of what you really are, you will know what I m talking about, you will get a glimpse of the true nature of our reality.

^^what is your reality??....who are you??....I don't want your name, or your history, your likes dislikes, and all that....all of those are an aspect that combines to make the 'you'...but WHO ARE YOU!!!.....what's your essence!...... I'm done looking for reality....because reality just is, reality is acceptance of destiny, fate, choice, loss, gain, shit everything......I stopped looking for the real a while ago, because nothing today is as real than what I haven't understood yet.....so I've clinged to my lack of understanding and released from societal reality... That's the only time you can see truth...and be partially free..! Have I not seen your side of the coin??....man I look at that side everyday I wake up.....I face that side every second I breathe.........take a look at it from my point of view for a minute...see what it's like....

"Being is not knowing!"
 67yrs • M •
jpeni is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
After 60 years of looking for the answers - I decided that there is NO answer.

The human race may be been started with some intelligent design or outside intervention, but that designer is no longer involved....there is no one to pray to....we are on our own.

If a "GOD" exists, "it" has probably shaken its head in disbelief at what we do in the name of religion and moved on to more meaningful activities.

Questioning God's Existence - Page 6
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy