Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Questioning God's Existence - Page 2

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
im terribly sorry about your loss. But like you said..small things are only small when you compare them to something else ...which is larger.

and still, after the comparison--small things still manage to mean the most to us. Such as the immense love you had for your wife.

and if we are so miniscule..and these things so small,-than that means there are things which exceed or own expectations of love and trust. Better things.

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
God is a fabrication of humans need to know the answer to all. when an answer is unknown, god did it.

That said, i want to say that a supreme being does not exist, that there is a scientific explination for everything, however my lack of absolute knowledge forces me to believe that there is a higher being, something that fills in the blanks.

The thing that is absoluted horrid is that the American school systems are now trying to teach the concept of creationalism over evolution and if that happens, whenever we come upon something we dont know instead of researching and figuring it out, we will say "god did it" and forget about it which will plunge us into a 2nd feudal age.

(this is what happened at the end of the Roman Empire and start of the fuedal age)

36yrs • M •
"there is a scientific explination for everything,"

-----------

at least, for everything there is a scientific explanation for.

The "blanks" your speaking of, are what science cant put a finger on-and that would be a "higher power".(at least transcending science.)

also, if it was a "need to know all"--than we would all be dead..

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 35yrs • M •
the blanks im speaking of are what science does not know yet. the general public fills them in with speak of a god or "higher power"

science is always filling in the blanks, however all of them will never be filled. for example:

we didnt know what the plague was, so god did it ------ now we know it was a disease and bacteria caused that disease and we can now fight bacteria ect.

we didnt know what caused the weather, so god did it ------- now we know that weather is the evaporation of water to a high altatude and being compressed the falling once it becomes too heavy ect.

There are many more, but it is morning and i have to go to work soon so ill stop there. the point is that everything the reason is "god did it" right now, will be attempted at finding a scientific explination for and most of them will be found. the only problem is that there are so many of them, we will all die before we know them all, but if we had all the time in the world, we could find them all and essencially eliminate religion.

as for the need to know all basis. yes, if it was an extreme basis then we would be dead, however it is true. our brain needs knowledge to function and the more knowledge the better. it also has the feeling that with knowledge comes power, and like it or not, we all LOVE power. it is through this means that we will attempt to know all and because knowledge is the source of evil, we will end up killing ourselves.

36yrs • M •
Hmm. I suppose we all have a certain extent of power. But again, the blanks in science..were created by, science.

Science is easy..there is a formula for everything-but its what science created. It is not "everything". It's the scientific interpretation..of what is.

The only way you would kill yourself..is by limiting yourself to one-half of your brain. The logic and rationalization. " The pictures far too big to look at kid, your eyes wont open wide enough.." So following sciences set path through our existence, is forever and continues..it wont fill the void.-Its merely a tool. Dont expect more out of it. It isnt knowledge..it isnt answers.. Its the label science has put on existence and all within it.

35yrs • M •
"Science is easy..there is a formula for everything-but its what science created. It is not "everything". It's the scientific interpretation..of what is."

elaborate on that... i dont quite understand what you're trying to say.

As for the picture being far to big... the picture is as big as the mind of an individual makes it, remember we are but shadows and dust... atoms with electrical charge/current. We simpley cannot know all because "all" is an undefinable word. However, the picture is definatly not too large, it is rather small.

36yrs • F •
BarbieFag890 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
lol, ya know, thats such a complicated question. theyre are so many options and questions. so whenever ive finished thinking about it for an hour or so, i think...

well it doesnt hurt to believe in him, but if you dont you go to hell, so im told.

"Live like you were gonna dye tommorow, just dont get caught!"
 35yrs • M •
"well it doesnt hurt to believe in him" that's some big BS!

At the moment, believing there is a god is destroying and killing thousands in the entire middle east, india, and America however in america its destroying it from the inside as well as the outside.

I, instead of a belief, have an idea on religion. One will fight for a belief, never an idea.

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that fnckOff is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i do believe in GOD because He has done much for me in my life but i do not feel i should go into detail on what that involves.

"I'd rather be superstitious about jumping jacks than superstitious that I needed to be drunk to do what I needed to do, or that I needed to have a specific pair of underwear on - jumping jacks, you don't need anything. - Gerard Way"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I, instead of a belief, have an idea on religion. One will fight for a belief, never an idea.

If you don't believe in your ideas then what is the point of having them?

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think that it's beter to have an idea than a beleif becasue than we wouldn't have any of these pointless holy wars like the Iraq war.

"He who does not question is lost."
 35yrs • M •
exactly, i believe my idea is correct, however i do not have a belief that it is absolute. This always me to have debates and decide to change or not, and respect other peoples ideas on religion.

If you respect me, i'll respect you.... if you dont respect me, i'll try my hardest to talk you into respecting me and fail or not, ill respect you.

39yrs • M •
quote:
exactly, i believe my idea is correct

So you do have a belief in your ideas, so how is your way different?

35yrs • M •
"i believe my idea is correct, however i do not have a belief that it is absolute"...

i just said i had no belief in my ideas. i believe that they are correct, for me, from my point of view... i do not believe that they are "right" and everyone should believe what i believe... because i do not have a belief, i have an idea which is moldable, changeable, flexible, whatever you want to call it.

39yrs • M •
quote:
just said i had no belief in my ideas. i believe that they are correct

You can't even make your point without saying you believe in something. Invariably your ideas will become beliefs regardless of whether you think they are universal or personal.

Questioning God's Existence - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy