Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Questioning God's Existence - Page 5

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
the christian faith is full of lies and deception, which are slowly become uncovered as time progresses.

The Christian faith picks up where Judaism left off.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the christian faith was build on corruption in a method to control people and manipulate them to take their money

however yes, the begining idea behind jesus was pure, it didnt remain that way for long.

39yrs • M •
Christianity was the correction to Judaism because Judaism had failed and so Jesus came to right the wrong. The concept of Christianity is not lost but few bother to find it. What you consider to be Christians and those who actually are Christians are to very different things.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
RIGHT THERE! thats what i was trying to get out of you... that is the reason religion is bad.

"Judaism had failed and so Jesus came to right the wrong"

im sure you would fight for that belief and kill thousands of people of a different religion.

JUST OVER A THEORY

39yrs • M •
quote:
im sure you would fight for that belief and kill thousands of people of a different religion.

You have simply made a poor assumption likely based on your own desire to physically wipe out the people who disagree with you. You have no support for that conclusion. I will fight but I do not fight with weapons of this world. The battle I fight in is the battle of souls. This is a spiritual war and killing other people will not advance the cause.

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Lastresort, I think what you have come to believe is that Christainity was set up so to supress the majority so a few people could rule the world free of this belief and so could use them to their favour...the sheep and the shepards if you like.

Now science does rid some of religion as it progresses by being more inclined to think critically that is summing up advantages and disadvantages of ideas and theories by experimentation, testing, analysis, logic and finding what works. But only in the factual information does it directly challenge religions such as the idea of the sun revlolving around the earth; creatisonism and evolution; the possibility of breaking bread to feed the thousands. Of course, science in this respect seems the more favourable (though creationism could have started everything with evolution taking over).

But, if Christainity is a lie and invented by politicians to coerce the peopel, what religion do they have? WIthout some sort of faith, some sort of belief it is very hard not to go crazy. Now I think ethics and commonsense goes along way. But at the same time, we really, and truly, know little about our present lives and how they might change. Religion is like the push that drives you to do things...now if you've been pushed the right way you will sense it; if you have the been pushed the wrong way you will sense it. The problem though is that in order to sense it you have to listen to what you, yourself, is saying to you...and this goes deeper than just the present. This is why religion is a very personal thing; but some people need a helping hand for guidance because of differeing abilities....and this is also one way of looking at Christianity.

""No words""
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
there must be some basis of truth in christianity for it too have lasted this long, but it does not neccesarily follow that it does not have some lie woven into it.

etheral, i think lastesort may be a bit agressive in his posts, but i doubt that he would physically remove all opponents. but what he has said is true, a lot of religions are willing to kill or be killed for their belief. i think the latter of these is the more admirable. would you fight for your religion? if the government said they were cracking down on christianity, and anyone practicing it, would you stage/join a rebellion? i think you probably would (im not saying its a bad thing). but its the sureity that your beliefs are worth taking the lives of other people, or losing your own, for, scares some people.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 54yrs • M •
Pazuzu is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
If you took 100 people and put them on their own separate island at birth...and came back to them 20 years later...you would find they all believed in some higher being but that their explanation of such a being would be completely different.

The reason they believe in a higher being is that their human nature (who they are) forces them to "fill in the blanks". The human mind will not struggle with the same anxieties over and over and over.....this is why people go insane.

Humans turn out to be a very interesting design...programmed to yearn for a higher being and given no real tools to determine if such a being exists.

If there is a God.....he is very warped. And I am going to kick him in the ass when I see him.

35yrs • M •
MikeBall015 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Is there a god?

What i exspect is yes...

why? Well I know for a fact there are Spirits , playing the Quija board and living in a haunted house proves that fact to me personally. what that means is after you die, you just arent dead like a rock. you move on...and how i see it is God controls the next level of your spirtual life. Who knows whats in the next level is though? Do you move on to experience different things that arent imaginable in our world ?
you might just move too a different planet lght years away? or maybe a different universe where everything is different. You might think there is only one universe but how much space out there, really..Its infinite. and if you compare size realtivity a ant is small compared to us. our planet is small compared to others. and our galaxy to other galaxies.. and we are still a dot in the milky way. I think that our universe is relatively small compared to something else that cant be imagined or maybe a bigger universe..maybe there are a bunch of universes that are relatively small to a bigger system... and so on.. If you imagine.. we could be an aunt farm to a bigger being.

I seem to contradict myself alot. but still dont loose intrest. God is probably the creator of all of this and he does it to entertain himself. It probably be boring to be the only being all by yourself. He could just be owner of our lil aunt farm we call earth along with the devil... Simply put God plays the good guy, the devil plays the bad...who knows? There is only one way to know forsure.. To talk to God, or the devil, even thought id prolly trust God more.

this is a little bit off topic, but i am gunna say it anyways.. I dont belive the bible's stories is necessarily real but maybe a gift or a miracle from god that keeps peace on earth.. almost like an intruction manual that keeps the world from self destructing from sin...

alright.. i just needed to get all of that out!

48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Christianity was the correction to Judaism

"At the foundation of the world, the lamb was slain." Rev13:8

Judaism came about because the Jews did not recognize the Christ that they were waiting for.

A quote from someone:
"Christianity has not been tried and found wanting but rather it has been found difficult and left untried."

The vast majority of peple have no clue about what Christianity really is all about because the Bible has been left unread.

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
The human mind will not struggle with the same anxieties over and over and over.

actually the human mind will go over and over the same thing until a suitable answer is found.

Take the questions of "who are we", "Where are we from", "Why are we here" and "Where will we go when we die". These are questions that the human mind is consumed with.

Anybody with me on these questions?

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that fnckOff is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
science has actually never proven the Christian faith to be wrong. And there are so many gaps in scentific theories and such that none of the ones that contradct the christian faith could possibly be true.

"I'd rather be superstitious about jumping jacks than superstitious that I needed to be drunk to do what I needed to do, or that I needed to have a specific pair of underwear on - jumping jacks, you don't need anything. - Gerard Way"
 39yrs • F •
Liveless is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
For me, to believe in God simply means to have faith, and I think that, thats what "God" always really wanted from us, is just to have faith. Cuz once u have that, u can do whatever u want, ur whole perspective on a lot of things changes and u do things u never thought u would or could, and thats all there is to it, I mean think bout it. If some certains fools believed in Jesus, he wouldnt be crusified...

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Faith is the map; but your going to need some technology to get anywhere.

""No words""
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
having faith in God is one thing, experiancing God is another. Having 'faith' in God is no different from believing aliens exist or that Bush masterminded the 9/11 bombings

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
Questioning God's Existence - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy