Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

It Will Be Hard Work, But He Will Be You Impeached

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Do you remember Bush's first debate, he tried to explain that his job was really hard work.
quote:
Sheehan ridiculed Bush for saying that it's "hard work" comforting the widow of a soldier who's been killed in Iraq.

"Hard work is seeing your son's murder on CNN one Sunday evening while you're enjoying the last supper you'll ever truly enjoy again.

Hard work is having three military officers come to your house a few hours later to confirm the aforementioned murder of your son, your first-born, your kind and gentle sweet baby.

Hard work is burying your child 46 days before his 25th birthday.

Hard work is holding your other three children as they lower the body of their big (brother) into the ground.

Hard work is not jumping in the grave with him and having the earth
cover you both," she said.

Since her son's death, Sheehan has made opposition to the Bush
administration a full-time job.

"We're watching you very carefully and we're going to do everything in our power to have you impeached for misleading the American people," she said, quoting a letter she sent to the White House.

"Beating a political stake in your black heart will be the fulfillment
of my life ... ," she said, as the audience of 200 people cheered.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 64yrs • M •
It Will Be Hard Work, But He Will Be Impeached
originaly
IT WILL BE HARD WORK - BUT WE WILL SEE YOU IMPEACHED

But that title was too long for this system. I changed it to fit and goofed it up. This system won't let me fix it. Oh well, you get the picture.

63yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that the other side is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
LOL! Ya, right. Lalalalalalalalala

64yrs • M •
quote:
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they attack you, then you win."

63yrs • F •
Let's see, I can't think of a solid thing to impeach President Bush for. I do seem to recall President Clinton lying underoath. Seems to me if anyone should have been impeached, should have been the one who was in contempt of court. That's a real crime!

64yrs • M •
quote:
The Framers of the United States Constitution drafted Article II, Section 4 to ensure that the people of the United States, through their representatives in the United States Congress, could hold a President accountable for an abuse of power and an abuse of the public trust. James Madison, speaking at Virginia's ratification convention stated: "A President is impeachable if he attempts to subvert the Constitution." James Iredell, who later became a Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court, stated at North Carolina's ratification convention:

The President must certainly be punishable for giving false information to the Senate. He is to regulate all intercourse with foreign powers, and it is his duty to impart to the Senate every material intelligence he receives. If it should appear that he has not given them full information, but has concealed important intelligence which he ought to have communicated, and by that means induced them to enter into measures injurious to their country, and which they would not have consented to had the true state of things been disclosed to them, - in this case, I ask whether, upon an impeachment for a misdemeanor upon such an account, the Senate would probably favor him.

On July 25, 1974, then-Representative Barbara Jordan spoke to her colleagues on the House Judiciary Committee of the constitutional basis for impeachment. "The powers relating to impeachment," Jordan said, "are an essential check in the hands of this body, the legislature, against and upon the encroachment of the Executive." Impeachment, she added,

is chiefly designed for the President and his high ministers to somehow be called into account. It is designed to "bridle" the Executive if he engages in excesses. It is designed as a method of national inquest into the conduct of public men. The framers confined in the Congress the power, if need be, to remove the President in order to strike a delicate balance between a President swollen with power and grown tyrannical and preservation of the independence of the Executive.

http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/?q=node/5

Lieing to Congress is an impeachable offense

http://www.ericblumrich.com/right.html

The evidence
http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/?q=node/1

The question is, will a republican congress and senate have to be forced to enforce the law. Yes, and we will, and we have only just begun

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that fnckOff is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Bush will not be impeached. You are simply osting to post and get attention or be a post whore. Your opinion is copied from a person who copied their opinion from yet another person who got their opinion by distorting the truth. AKA the media. The medis could turn an innocent pupy or five year old kid into a serial killer or a drug lord. and you are believeiing them? the media is simply smoke and mirrors set up to entertain the simple minded. theres a quote:

Never trust in mirrors or newspapers.

and its true. you should never believe whet you read. believe 10 percent of what you hear and 90% of what you see. you have that reversed i think. bascally though, its not gonna happen. GODs on Bush's side and will not let him leave office until what GOD wants done is done.

"I'd rather be superstitious about jumping jacks than superstitious that I needed to be drunk to do what I needed to do, or that I needed to have a specific pair of underwear on - jumping jacks, you don't need anything. - Gerard Way"
 64yrs • M •
What I copied was a portion of a letter sent to Mr. Conyers. You can't find it in the media or the newspaper. Obviously you are clueless as to what I posted.

What suprises me is your erogance to attack me on a subject you know nothing of. That I know of it was not printed in a single newspaper in the united states.

Before you criticize know the facts. I'm looking for attention, I'm looking for attention to the truth, as it is not found in the regular media, on that point you are correct.

quote:
GODs on Bush's side and will not let him leave office until what GOD wants done is done.

And just how do you know this?

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Your opinion is copied from a person who copied their opinion from yet another person who got their opinion by distorting the truth. AKA the media. The medis could turn an innocent pupy or five year old kid into a serial killer or a drug lord. and you are believeiing them?

No kidding, what you are missing is that fact that most mainstream media is not bashing Bush, but blindly promoting him...

"and you are believeiing them?"

quote:
the media is simply smoke and mirrors set up to entertain the simple minded. theres a quote:

Its also the main vehicle for propaganda shaping peoples opinions by distorting facts like you said, what you fail to understand is that the government is the one issuing the "official" facts that are skewed, not just the media.

quote:
GODs on Bush's side and will not let him leave office until what GOD wants done is done.

I know exactly where you got that notion, the media.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that fnckOff is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A) i completely ignore the media unless its music and movies, the only time i pay attention to anything media is during debate when i have to and when going through the media's i can use for debate there will be 1 article supporting bush for every 10 articles against him. so....

B) i dont know what media you ay attention to but the only media i ever see is bashing bush and GOD

C) the media distorts the official facts that the goverment issues. The government says something on a reading level obviously higher then the people of the media so the meda misunderstands what is being said or they just refrase things so that it projects their biased opinions.

"I'd rather be superstitious about jumping jacks than superstitious that I needed to be drunk to do what I needed to do, or that I needed to have a specific pair of underwear on - jumping jacks, you don't need anything. - Gerard Way"
 46yrs • M
quote:
B) i dont know what media you ay attention to but the only media i ever see is bashing bush and GOD

That's easy, try Fox News, the most popular news station today, meaning either a majority or at least close to half of the people basically get their opinion from them.

quote:
C) the media distorts the official facts that the goverment issues. The government says something on a reading level obviously higher then the people of the media so the meda misunderstands what is being said or they just refrase things so that it projects their biased opinions.

There is truth to this, what you are discounting and underestimating is the Governments tweaking of its own facts. The Government is the one with the propaganda program that uses the media, propaganda is either slanted truth or flat out lies in support of the government, policy, and against and proclaimed enemies.

Its meant to control public opinion abroad mainly, because at home it was either illegal or frowned upon because only the likes of Hitler and Stalin used domestic propaganda, we now have record breaking domestic propaganda budgets as well as the Pentagon being sued for domestic propaganda, right now.

Its real, its not a joke, and its not controlled by the media.

Then please tell me where you get the notion that Bush is doing God's bidding, just because as God's children we all do? Because your church said so? Did you meet him and he told you? What?

What if God's purpose was for Bush to be the most Evil person cleverly hidden beneath our noses and we are meant to discover the truth?

This is, in part, why I ask where you get such a profound notion. Because as stated, it is fairly open to interpretation.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 64yrs • M •
My media is the internet where the real truth is.

63yrs • F •
My media is Fox and Hannity.

46yrs • M
quote:
My media is Fox and Hannity.

I could have told you... wait, I think I did.

I hope you at least know the differrence between a pundit and a reporter.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
first of all, Clinton was in fact impeached, just not thrown out of office. second, just because a person watches a particular "news" program or channel doesnt neccisarily mean their views are the same. i thoroghly enjoy watching reports on things that contradict my own views/thoughts. the only people that really worry me are the extremists. if you start saying Bush is either satan or our savior, then you are most likely being influenced by outside forces.

Bush is not on some Crusade, nor is he the next anti christ. he should however be impeached if he is found to have lied to Congress. i cant attest to this documents validity, but a lot of things do need to be looked in to in Bush's administration. as is the case with any president. particularly ones who hold office during war time.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy