Voila! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. - Hugo Weaving as "V"
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What's going to happan next

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This thread is for all you people who love to bash Bush getting reelected. Feel free to talk about whats going to next in Iraqi and the rest of the world

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Let us see so far bush made statement that we will continue in Iraq, we have become less of a democracy =>HomeLand Security and the rift has widened as people fearfully spy on neighbor whom they believe may be terrorist.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 36yrs • M •
yeah aint it tragic how one person can screw up the world in just four years. Makes you wonder did he help make 9/11 happen just so he can TRY to justify his wars on terror with the secret agenda of getting resourses and spreading our "democracy" to other nations.

72yrs • M •
quote:
Makes you wonder did he help make 9/11 happen just so he can TRY to justify his wars on terror with the secret agenda of getting resourses and spreading our "democracy" to other nations.
I tend to agree except I think it was the industrial / military complex working with the CIA or some other spook organization that promoted it. Miliitary because they faced huge cut backs without a cold war which cuts into those industries suppling their needs. He just went along to direct the war to accommendate his agenda.

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If things continue we will be poor. Believe It Or Not.

We will be indebted to mostly China. I don't know if that means we will become a part of China, or we will just be poor, begging China for our sustenance. That will be different. Don't think it's impossible, we're heading that way.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 36yrs • M •
well if its anyting like Richter 10 by Arthur C Clarke then we will still be the US but all of the bussiness will be run by Chinese.

72yrs • M •
Been that way for along time now & people still accept their lies for the truth.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree with okcitykid. China will be the next superpower.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 35yrs • M •
Un_Silenced is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Nah, the world's next and largest superpower will be Google.

Be afraid.

"Fuck your authority"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Navin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
google..love that, sadly enough its true.
i dont understand debt... how can the govt. seize millions of americans credit, homes, belongings every year when they owe more money than all of american's debt combined? fucked up!
more odd is that every country is in debt.........................?
EVERY country...................
yea me neither?

"To kill man's hope is to kill man"
 72yrs • M •
Picked up this from suspect bin so it is a little old news & may have been stated else where:
quote:
The Pentagon announced just this summer it has been collecting and using data-including such sensitive personal information as Social Security numbers, ethnicity, GPA, personal email addresses, height, weight, and even the cell phone numbers of kids, without their parent's permission. They had been keeping the database secret for more than three years-a violation of federal privacy laws and the privacy of tens of millions of young Americans. In addition, a little known provision in the federal No Child Left Behind Act is forcing public high schools to release the personal information of their students to local military recruiters, again without the consent of their families.

While law compels schools to violate the privacy of ordinary Americans, it also creates a way for families to "Opt Out" of both the local high school military recruitment lists, and the national Pentagon database. If you know someone between the ages of 16 and 25, spread the word: you can "Opt Out" to stop the Pentagon from using your data, and to prevent your high school from releasing it to recruiters, by clicking on the link below.
http://www.moveon.org/r?r=919
Working Assets, Mainstreet Moms (the MMOB) and ACORN have put together a useful website called LeaveMyChildAlone.org that helps you easily generate letters to both the Pentagon, and to your local high school district to opt-out of both databases. If you are a parent interested in protecting the privacy of your child or if you're between the ages of 16 and 25, this is an easy way to protect your privacy. (As with the national "Do Not Call" list, the Pentagon will retain your data in a "suppression file," but will no longer use it. The high schools, however, will remove your data before releasing lists to recruiters.)

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If we can survive another hurican season, I think we might be okay.

Dispite the evil intent of Bush to destroy our world, governors around the nation have been taking the lead to lower green house gases. Here's a kicker, here in Oklahoma (a red state) we're now getting most of our electrical power from wind, (at least our house is - you have to ask for it).

In both Texas and Canada they have discovered that if you pump CO2 into the ground, you will decrease green house gases and get the remaining oil out. Canada says that if they do this in most parts of the world, we could actually reverse the effect and people are looking into this.

Ofcourse, it might take a couple years. Well maybe if we can make it through the next and the one after that.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy