If you have a lot of tension and you get a headache, do what it says on the aspirin bottle: "Take two aspirin" and "Keep away from children." - Ana Rpo
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Physical Imagination?

User Thread
 44yrs • M •
stupfly is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Physical Imagination?
Hello,

I have been thinking about my thoughts lately, and the way in which my imagination displays memories and self created images. How dose the ''inner eye'' display that image? where is that image created and what is it displayed on?

I thought that i may be thinking of this too physically, and the image is just simply a thought and is not in any way 'displayed'. But if i imagined a friends face i could point out detail on the face that i know is there and describe it due to the image which is displayed, i will not be able to get it 100% correct because i dont remember the exact detail, but if i knew the detail then i could. The rare and lucky with photographic memories, who can draw or describe a building they looked at previously and have chippings of rock and other misolanious detail exact in place. Therefore they must be able to actually 'see' this image in a different place within physical reality. Is it the mind creating this image? Or maybe an ability of the soul?

"I am, a male human"
 30yrs • M •
pedur12345 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Your thought is completely made up of electrochemical impulses that stimulate neurons to fire and make thought "work". Imagination is a direct consequence of thought, therefore 'comes with the package'.
We are just an animal, we are homosapiens. We have the very similar physical biology and make-up as other mammalian species. Were just complex arrangements of oxygen and carbon mostly, and I mean this is fact, think about how addicted to oxygen you are. Your body is 65% oxygen; if you held your breath you wouldnt last two minutes.

On the other hand, it is entirely possible your body and soul are seperate entities but are just temporarily connected. A supporter of Plato would have this insight. It is entirely possible that there is something driving this "thought", which would be the soul. In this case the body would just be stuck in the third dimension an infinite amount of times almost, since at every moment there would have to be a diffrent environment and difffrent atomical structure or atomical movement. Mind would have to be in the fourth dimension which is time, and somehow these two overlapped to a perfect extent.

Basically sir, thought is purely down to physical electrochemical impulses. Nothing abstract.

Makes you feel like a pawn on a chess board doesnt it? Almost as if you were a responsive machine to nothing more than the circumstances of your environment.

Physical Imagination?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy