Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous - Robert Heinlein
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Does it add up??

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Does it add up??
O.k let's have a little conversation here...ha ha ha... Aight God is the creator of life, God is life, and everything created on this planet is the flow of God through them...or everything on this planet God gave life to....whatever way you wanna put it I don't care.....but It's said that "THOU SHALT NOT KILL" and i'm taking that it's talking about everything right?... So in ancient times what made it right to KILL a lamb when "THOU SHALT NOT KILL"....hol up before anybody answers; The bible said that God said so right??...Aight I'll go along with that.. So it's o.k to kill a lamb now...and I guess Jesus was the "lamb" of God right? so it made it right for that lamb to be sacrificed....Hmmmmmmm....The creator of life needing an offer of death in order to redeem life??...

Alright now that's fine and dandy....but I thought the base ritualistc practice of paganism is blood sacrifice?...worshipping the devil?...... isn't paganism occultistic..(if there's such a word?)...I mean if your whole believe system is that you're saved because there was a blood sacrifice made for you.....means that somebody was killed....which went against a commandment.....And I thought the commandments were set in stone??....oh wait...God said it's o.k to kill a lamb....right!...so then the lamb of God was his sacrifice to himself to save all of us...or was it his sacrifice to you....?.....Help me out i'm looking for a reason...

"Being is not knowing!"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that secret07 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
thou shalt not kill and thou shalt not murder are different. God never said not to kill, he said not to murder. killing an amimal for food or sacrifise is not murder.

the idea of sacrifise is giving something important up for God, showing that he was more important then whatever it was you were giving up. in old testament times the livestock was the most valuable thing a person could own. therefore, they gave up the livestock. you worship a devil in the same way because it's the same principle, giving the devil something important to show he is more important. though in the case of sacrifise to god you are giving god something he already gave you, and in the case of sacrifise to satan you are giving satan something that belongs to god.

"life sucks but its better than the alternative"
 38yrs • M •
what's the difference between killing and murdering??... you're taking life!......whether it's for anger, or if it's for sacrifice you're killing something for a purpose that's not natural.....I never said killing was wrong, kill for food is an obvious thing....but why sacrifice?? something that's already Gods? wouldn't a simple thank you suffice?.....I guess i'm a little too simple minded here but it really doesn't add up!

"Being is not knowing!"
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that boomstick is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
730... i dont thnk it was literal i think it mean thou shall not kill your brotheren... cause god told moses to use goats blood over the houses of egypt... so i guess it is ok to kill... also animals of instinct kill eachother all the time and that does not mean that they are going to hell... get back to me on that

"shop smart shop s-mart"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm not too sure about this, but I think that during jesus' time, sacrafice was a means of forgiveness on their part--to make atonement for sin, and the reason why we don't need to sacrafice today is because the laws changed when jesus offered himself up as a ransome sacrifice, which eliminated the need to. Animal sarifice under the mosaic law was a forshadow to jesus' sacrifice. The blood was symbolic.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"but I thought the base ritualistc practice of paganism is blood sacrifice?...worshipping the devil?...... isn't paganism occultistic"

I see someone's been making a Smoke sacrifise.I've been with the Pagan community for years now, and the only thing I have ever seen sacrfised was tobacco. We do not believe in the devil, so how are we going to worship it?

Just remember, in it's early days, Christianity was considered a cult by the Romans.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I see someone's been making a Smoke sacrifice,
the only thing I have ever seen sacrficed was tobacco.
In native traditions herbs & or spices have certain attributes (spiritually & physically) In hebrew & catholic traditions, they use incense (smoke) to cleanse the temple as Native American's use sage smoke washing themselves.
Smoke [visible air] is hot & rises sybolic of prayers given to GOD.
quote:
what's the difference between killing and murdering??... you're taking life!......whether it's for anger, or if it's for sacrifice you're killing something for a purpose that's not natural.....

The Natural Way?
The plant takes nutrients from the soil & returns it to the soil when it decompose. So too do some beast devour one another, so (human) beings are above such things?
Hebrew Traditionally were herders (shephards) and farmers from that which GOD gave to them, they would take the choice lot as sacrifice.
quote:
the reason why we don't need to sacrafice today is because the laws changed when jesus offered himself up as a ransome sacrifice, which eliminated the need to.

So how does that work? Why?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 38yrs • M •
Boomstick - thou shalt not kill your brethren...aight...but why would you have to kill an animal??...i'm saying God gave life to something so that you can take life from it to say you're sorry for your sins??....doesn't make sense to me!....

Irish Pagan - sorry if it seemed like I was generalizing i'm really in the dark about all this stuff...I'm just going on what i've heard so i'm trying to understand.......

I mean I understand the whole concept of the symbolism, no doubt....it's the same thing that happened to Jesus when he came to earth right?....he was sacrificed...but did he die for the life of others or was he crucified??.... I mean the guy came to show people how to "LIVE"......and he knew that he would be killed for what he was saying because when you're making a change in society, the top dogs really don't like the downfall of their cattle herding.........the guy got crucified for showing people how to live!.......

I'm saying now is the killing of the lamb the atonement of sins?.. or is it the recreation of the destroying of purity because of a cleansing that needs to take place?....why do you have to put your sins in someone elses hands?? why can't you take responsibility for your own actions?...I don't understand this shit.......sorry...i'm not tryin to be a neusance i really don't get it...

"Being is not knowing!"
 38yrs • M •
quote:
The Natural Way?
The plant takes nutrients from the soil & returns it to the soil when it decompose. So too do some beast devour one another, so (human) beings are above such things?

^^that's exactly what i'm saying...or trying to say...humans aren't above animals just because they have society??... you act the same way!...what words?...knowledge?......what gives man the right to take an animals life for mans actions?.. no matter how symbolic?

"Being is not knowing!"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
730..we must eat to survive.

because we can not absorb nutrients simply by laying in a bed of fertilizer or top soil...we must kill. We must pluck fruit from the trees and eat from the land.(including the animals within it)

Should we convict a python for eating a mongoose? Appoint him an attorney..creat some sort of a civil society of which we can maintain them?

I believe "symbolism" was meant in reference to the bible. Murder and killing are two different things. Murder is unjust. Killing is killing. Who decides different..we do. By necessary and unecessary. I can understand hunting opposition...but not the slaughtering of cows for food.

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
the reason why we don't need to sacrafice today is because the laws changed when jesus offered himself up as a ransome sacrifice, which eliminated the need to.

Well, when Adam and Eve were created, they were perfect. When they sinned, their sin was passed down to their children. So when Jesus died, he 'bought' us back, because he was perfect, and only a perfect life can buy back (sacrafice) for the errors of the once perfect people. So, before Jesus was sacraficed, they needed to bring up sacrafices to make atonement for their sin, but they didn't need to because Jesus bought them back.

38yrs • M •
who ever said anything was wrong with killing for food??.. I said that it was obvious, food and sacrifice are two different subjects....lol.......food was never in this equation i'm talking about the sacrificing of something...so that your sins can be cleansed...that's the only thing i've been talking about.......

we were needed to be bought back??....so is this a slave trade or something??.......the devil stole us, and now we need a hero to come rescue us?.....so basically we're just victims in a power struggle?!..... why is it so hard for man to own up to his actions?.....we fell because we chose something and we're in the position we're in because we got comfortable with falling.....somebody came to show us how to get back to where we're supposed to be...and because it wasn't the norm, we crucified him!.......No doubt there is a devil...satan....but only made manifest in us, and we need to take responsibility for being little devils and such!......I won't get into all the philosophy stuff in this forum, cuz it's not needed...i'm trying to understand this in baby steps....

and again how is murder and killing different....is one taking a life and the other one giving a life??....killing is killing, murder is killing.....it's the same thing...but whatever killing for food is natural I have nothing to say agains that...but this sacrifice thing is really confusing to me!.....It's not the way nature works, nature doesn't sacrifice...only humans nature does!.. I don't get it.....

"Being is not knowing!"
 35yrs • F •
yes, we needed to be bought back, because when jesus died for us, he gave us hope for salvation. we are in a way slaves, but to god, because he is our creator. in a sense, it is a power struggle. it's to prove satan wrong--that we need god's guidance and that we can't live independantly from him.

murder: The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

To kill (another human) unlawfully.

Kill: To put to death.
(Answers.com)

So I think that murder is when humans kill humans, but to kill is just in general, like you can kill bugs, to kill plants--to put an end of.

Hope that helps.

38yrs • M •
thanks wandering.......I understand the being lost part because we fell out of where we supposed to be....... and murder is killing that's not needed............but the dying is not what should be looked at tho!....the teaching that was given before the death is what was the word!....that's what people should be looking at as the saving of salvation, not the death.. that's the end result of human malice!...And I agree with Jesus for taking it like a man, because that's love, when you want somebody to understand you'll go to whatever reaches just so they can realize (be saved)....shit I woulda done the same thing....props to homie!.....now everybody looks at him as a God for doing that?.....why?.....If you're in trouble and somebody saves your life are you going to worship them?? you're going to appreciate them, but you should never let the person be a superior to you in as much as you would kiss the ground they walk on....that's slave mentality!......It's not wrong to hold somebody in high esteem, but worshipping for a reason that is most probable when love is the factor is fruitless......because the one who saved your life holds you in a place of high esteem also.....that's why they saved your life, because you're important.....we're not slaves, we're beings created in the image of the almighty, therefore we should treat each other as such...praise should only be givin to the almighty...not the one who brought us to the realization of the almighty....see what i'm saying?...

"Being is not knowing!"
 35yrs • F •
your right, thats where people mess up. Your not suposed to look at Jesus as some sort of God, because he's not. Even during his time, people tried to make him king, and he refused. When he was here on earth, he taught god's word, but he never took credit from it, because he knows that he's just the messenger, and that it's all god's work. Praise should only be given to the Almighty, but people tend to get confused or misuunderstand.

Does it add up??
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy