It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. - Albert Einstein
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Does it add up?? - Page 3

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
But there is a teaching that Jesus was Adam who had returned to make up for the sin that punished all generations from him.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Adam was perfect to begin with, but because he was granted free will, he commited the first sin. Just like how Jesus is perfect, and he too has free will, and he chose to be faithful to his father.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
[  Edited by WanderingNobody at   ]
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Jesus was referred to as the 'last Adam'.

46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that xanadoool is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So let me get this straight, you're trying to find logic and reason in... religion?!!

If there is one thing I have learnt over the years, is that religion has no basis in reality. It's simply people adding meaning to their lifes by making themselves special... the chosen of God.

It's like Vegans. They have no problem butchering plants for food, but find it unthinkable to do the same to animals.

It's not wrong to kill, we just made such a law so it was less likely that someone would kill us.

So please, by all means, life by the teachings of the Bible. But don't, for one second, try to yourself that you're doing so in order to please a God that doesn't exist.

"Always give to the left, coz the right way is the wrong way."
 35yrs • F •
To me, God is real. There is no proof that God doesn't exist. But each one to their own.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lordnyax is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
to me, belief in god is acknowledging that we have a purpose outlined by someone with all the answers, i dont believe in god, but to each his or her own. however, it is easy to acknowledge jesus or adam choice because it wasnt about faith for them, they both knew that god existed by the powere given to them. i believe that if there is a god, he is neither perfect or all-knowing. no creature could be when they oversee their own creation. We as humans learn from those older than us, but how does a god learn?if you believe he just has these powers and the understanding to use them, why do so many mistakes happen in and to his creations? Why could he not see the future and help us? if he makes the rules, why does he feel the need to experiment with us?

"to understand life is to live outside it"
 35yrs • F •
quote:
Why could he not see the future and help us?

take this for example. You have a great singing voice, you could sing whenever you want to, but it doesn't mean you always do.

God could see into the future, but it doesn't mean he always does. When Satan challenged God, he wasn't challenging His powers, but he was challenging His right to rule. He said that we could live independantly from God and that we would be better off. God has given us free will to do what we want and it's our actions thats causeing so many mistakes.

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The sacrificing of animals was done because God told Adam that if he ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil he would die. Romans 6:23 tells us the wages of sin is death. Now God doesn't want His prized creation to be dead so He allows them life at the cost of an animal. Animals were used in our place, notice that when Adam and Eve sinned God made clothes out of animal skins for them (the first sacrifical killing). From then on it was animals that died to allow us life and ultimately Jesus became the perfect sacrifice which allows us eternal life.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
when seeing mainstream religious people who perceive, claim and commit themselves as 'true' christians is rather sickening and depressing. you cannot claim to be a christian (i have to get political here- especially mr bush who represents an official 'christian' nation) when you simply murder and kill others!! its genocide! wot do you think Jesus would have thought of this..im telling ya he would be dishearteningly disturbed and dismayed.

there is lots of proof that god doesn't exist because it is only your brain that is internally conceiving your ideas.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
people who perceive, claim and commit themselves as 'true' christians is rather sickening and depressing. you cannot claim to be a christian (i have to get political here- especially mr bush who represents an official 'christian' nation
I kind of remember there being some edict from bush for christians to hold their tongue? As mainstream believes they must allow the governing body rule over them, they did except those who are pro his stance. True, one does wonder, how anyone could possibly accept killing as being part of way which Jesus taught?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The only proof of the nonexistence of God is personal opinion. I may not believe that 1 + 1 = 2 but that doesn't change it's truth, just as not believing in God doesn't change the fact that He exists. People like to say "well I haven't seen any miracles lately therefore God doesn't exist." You might see miracles if you were looking but since people do not look they assume they don't exist. Miracles happen all the time but when they are noticed people dissmiss it as luck.

"An Egyptian Muslim murdered his wife, then buried his 8-year-old daughter and baby," reports Deborah Khalil of Ministries International in Poway, California. The man claimed that an uncle had killed the children. 15 days later, another family member died. When the family buried the deceased, they found the two girls - still alive! When asked how they survived, the 8-year-old girl answered "A man in shining white clothes, with bleeding wounds in his hands, brought us food every day. He even revived our mother to breast-feed my sister." In an interview with a Muslim journalist on Egyptian national television, she said "It was no one other than Jesus, because nobody else could have done anything like that!" The crime caused a national outcry, with many demanding the death sentence for the father. "It seems clear, though, that the child did not invent the story, and they could not have survived without a miracle," says Khalil.

I suspect that the first thing that happens now is someone will tell me that story is a lie. But as I said earlier just because you deny it's truth doesn't make it any less true.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
God could see into the future, but it doesn't mean he always does.
That would contradict the all seeing, all knowing GOD.
quote:
When Satan challenged God, he wasn't challenging His powers, but he was challenging His right to rule. He said that we could live independantly from God and that we would be better off. God has given us free will to do what we want and it's our actions thats causeing so many mistakes.
http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/thrdid=11613-u-frmid=17-u-page=1
2#44313
quote:
Jesus was referred to as the 'last Adam'.
But an interesting point, how is Jesus the alpha & the omega?
Is Jesus the reincarnation of Adam? No, how about Enooch (sp) of the Ancients, who was taken up, not seeing death?
Has Paul alluding to a marathom race colored the perception? Does being first mean the first place of having the best time => coming in ahead of those in the race or is entering the race one thing but like a high jump or pole vault that Jesus set the bar of excellence so high?
After all, is not this the reason they designate the alpha male as the pack leader?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think an error was made earlier in this discussion.

Jesus is God, He is part of the trinity. When he was on earth he came in human form, but he was still God. We mortals have a very difficult time grasping the concept of the trinity. God the father was still in heaven while Jesus walked the earth. Jesus said I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life, he didnt say God in heaven is the way the truth and the life.

The real beauty is that when Jesus went back to heaven after he defeated the power of satan on earth, he sent the Holy Spirit to dwell in us. Jesus said we would do even greater works than him.

Secondly God does not live in our space time continume (how ever you spell it). He is outside of time. God knows all the days of our lives before we live them.

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that the great focy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
God just said thou shalt not kill. Not you can't kill with knives. So go nuts and murder! Also the bible tends to be wrong anyway so you really don't have to follow anything. I'd say just live in a cave and throw feecies at people.

"I can't believe I ate the whole thing"
 64yrs • M •
rogerdodger is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
quote:
allow the governing body rule over them

The scriptures speak of kings of nations, but this is America, we don't have a king, yet, not to be without instruction, they have made Bush king and follow the scripture thus.

In doing this they fail to be an American citizen taking responsibility for their country, they leave it up to their king.

"Ya - Whatever"
Does it add up?? - Page 3
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy