It was the best of times it was the worst of times, it was the time of happiness it was the time of sadness. - Samwell
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Twins

User Thread
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Twins
Some people say that twins can feel each others emtions and can somewhat communicate with each other through some form of telepathy because they have this 'connection' with each other. Is that really possible?

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I haven't heard of much that isn't at least possible.

Just from a technical standpoint, it is highly feasible. Brains generate signals or brain waves, information encoded electrically and through other bio, synthetic, organic, and natural mediums.

Just like radio waves and all the other forms of energy flows we cannot detect without either training or tools, or the knowledge to properly associate what they are when we do notice them.

As we speak further developments are being made with computers that can interact with and decipher brain waves.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
All one has to do is watch a set of twins interact to see this 'connection', whether viewed with 'mundane' vision, or utilizing other senses.

Although it is natural for twins to utilize this from birth, people who are close can also develop some of these same traits. For a personal example, I knew my wife was pregnant with our third son before she did, because I recognized my morning sickness from our first two.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chrissie2006 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree with Irish. I dont think it has so much to do with being twins as it does just knowing eachother so much. When two people spend tht much tme together they start to know what the other is feeling or thinking without actually using words.

"Dont complain that roses have thorns. Instead, be thankful that thorns have roses."
 42yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Poprocks is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i have a twin sister and that never happened to us, but i had that kind of connection with my dad.

""Be the change you want to see in the world ". Mahatma Gandhi"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Awesome. Yes I dont think most people realised how much the subcncious recgnises. Little patterns, associations, characteristics taught by experience vary from one person to another but generally have very similar traits. Spend a lot of thime with someone...then you pick on these. This is known to science or is conceivable.

Now the best bit is the fantasy...what happens when they communicate where they cannot sense by normal methods such actions? i.e. space and time and mass restrictions. These answers I'd suggest now are with electromagnetic waves? Lets get some rational science on it...clear open sieved minds...get on the case Anyone got any papers on this? i.e. evidence?

""No words""
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes, I think twins share an extraordinary bond, whether it be telepathic, emotional, mystical or any other "ic"s or "al"s you throw out there. I think it's because, at one time, the twins were one person in their mother's womb. An identical twin, after all, is technically a clone that occurs naturally. Basically, the twins are the same person who just happens to exist in two places at once.

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that WelshDude is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have to disagree with that, although their DNA may be identical, their personalities are not, therefore not the same person in 2 places at once, although we might generate some sort brain wave/electromagnetic wave, I doubt these would be hardly strong enough to communicate in some way, people just get to know each other so well they pick up on the smallest of actions

Twins
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy