Basically my wife was immature. I'd be at home in the bath and she'd come in and sink my boats. - Woody Allen
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Coincidence is dead

User Thread
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fairy Boy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Coincidence is dead
Coincidence is dead everything happens for a reason, what are the stranger 'coincidental' things that have happened to you?

""Veritatem quaere et insaniam inveni""
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wow i just read this then i go on to read something by Decius just like it.. I will re-post it
(which could be one of the coincidental things that happened to me, or maybe i was meant to read them both.. in return posting decius's previous post.. get it?)

"Assume that everything you read here is not worded by an author that you can touch or see. Believe, for this short period of time, that everything that passes through your eyes mirroring images within your mind, creating impulses and links, from the time that you began reading this till the time you end reading this, is nothing more than information that was meant to reach you, from the sender to the receiver, irrespective of the messenger. Fathom that regardless of your beliefs or convictions, there is the possibility that these words were meant to meet your awareness at this very moment, and as you read this you are being communicated to by a paternal force that is constantly affecting you, and every once in a while, you will be able to witness these interventions. Open yourself to the possibility that you did not find this location by chance, and that the universe conspired to get you here, to witness one such intervention."

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
kinda self righteous still

It's like you both need each other to know you exist...

"Being is not knowing!"
 35yrs • M •

80yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that squatteam is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Coincidences?

When on vacation (from Oregon) as a 13 yr old I saved my brother from drowning. A man and his son, also on vacation (from So. Cal) helped me. Later the man took a photo of his son with my brother and I. 8 years later I met and married a girl after only knowing her 35 days. 20 years later, going through her father's photos we found a picture of 3 boys...her brother, my brother and me at 13.

She died 11 years ago. I remarried. I married a girl whose middle name and last name combined to form the exact spelling of my last name, meaning she only had to take out the space between her middle and last name to form her new last name. Coincidence or providence?oz

"Popular dissidents are merely pacifiers given to us by the Government to keep us in line and thinking someone is making a ruckuss."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
a few things about a girl i know...

both our mothers names are the same.

both our fathers have the same shave.

she once bought a drink, took it home, drank it and then looked at the label and noticed the art was from my home town... she then called me and told me the artists name, i took an art class with him in junior high.

her brother and a childhood friend of mine go to the same college.

she went to college with my ex's best friend.

my initials are WK, hers are MK.

we both had operations on our backs in the exact same place when we were little.

we have both had operations on our feet.

we had our wisdom teeth pulled exactly one week apart from eachother.

we both switched colleges sophomore year.

we both attended private colleges freshman year.

we both grew up watching the same television shows. and lots of them at that.

aside from all that we have the same preferences with just about everything and agree on pretty much everything religiously, politically and socially.

i suppose its not particularly amazing, except for the fact that we live about 600 miles apart and have only been in close proximity on two occasions.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 48yrs • M •
miscreant is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
So does this mean that if you were stareing at your own death, you will say that it was meant to be or will you fight to keep living? The idea that coincidence exists implys that we have free will, and that if it doesnt then we dont. None the less, it cant be proven either way (we are both creatures that look for patterns and also those that look to disprove it because of our curiosity)

"I,you, we dont matter, nothing matters and I dont belive it."
 37yrs • M •
it is possible to link anything together being that we all abide by the same principles.. you are just connecting things together.. ever hear of that Kennedy, Lincoln thing?

35yrs • M •

47yrs • F •
(*disco*) is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
syncronicity anyone?

do you see 7:11 on the clock all the time? or something similar?

things are happening with ease, and in a manner that seems too logical?

i'd say that is part of coincidences.

"located in the illusory domain of psycho-mental existence"
 35yrs • M •

37yrs • M •
what ever happens like 7:11 on the clock has always been there even before the 7 11 came to be. what im saying is what ever (is now) (was before) and (will be) forever.. it's a matter of awareness..

35yrs • M •

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
but thought can.......and if thought is your awareness I say you can move anywhere.....lol........just foolin with y'all...haha it's true tho....lol...hahaha

"Being is not knowing!"
Coincidence is dead
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy