Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work. - Gustave Flaubert
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Happiness

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Happiness
"Can money buy you happiness?" Isn't this an impaired quote?

Is happiness not subjective to an individual? If so why don't we choose to be happy?

Right now I am happy cuz I found this site where people can actually think, but will I remain happy tomorrow? Probably not. but why?

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Dont think of happiness as the sole ingredient to a well lived life.

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 37yrs • M •
the goal in life is to acheive happiness tho..
*the dolly lamma

36yrs • M •
Would you like achieving happiness, only to develop a fear of loosing it?

The dolly lamma is just as fallable as us.

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that niners69sgirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think you can be the richest person in the world and not be happy and i think happiness has more to do with who you surround yourself with and how you feel about those ppl how your respect your self and feel about yourself i don't think money has anything to do with it and some times money can drive a man insane and make him miserable esp if your someone who's in debt

"sonrisa siesta y fiesta ...if ya wanna know don't be afraid to ask i only bite on days that end in y"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I guess it depends on how you look at it. I a sense, you can buy happiness. For example, you see this dog that you wanted, and then you end up caring for it and become really happy. But it's not just money that could make you happy. I mean, if you have all the money in the world, but end up dying lonely, wouldn't that suck? No happiness there. But yeh, we can chose to be happy, sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's hard depending on your circumstances and how strong you really are. But it's not totally your fault that you may be unhappy. Some people could be going through really rough times, it could last for a long time, it could be gone the next day. It also depends if you dwell in a certain problem, or if your always striving for something unattainable. Sometimes it's good to be sad, or it's also healthy. I mean, if someone you love died, you can't exactly be happy about it and all the time. It all depends on the person in the end.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 37yrs • M •
I like the way you think wandering.. I mean even frued the highly intellectual psychologist had to be sad at times..

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
thanks analytical. It's good to know how you feel, and how to react to them also. I mean, I know it may sound corny, but being in touch with your feelings, knowing who you are. I think that evn though you go through the hardest times, you can be happy if you just know how to deal with things.

36yrs • M •
Sigmund Frued was sad at times, i can almost gaurentee.

Most intellectual and independent thinkers, had/have deep psychological problems.

if he didnt have any before he started using his mind, im sure he would have developed a few with the way he applied his thinking.

37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that niners69sgirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
seing the word frued makes me sad psychology class sucked when it came to him

"sonrisa siesta y fiesta ...if ya wanna know don't be afraid to ask i only bite on days that end in y"
 35yrs • F •
I think that some philosophers are cold hearted. They could analyze every little detail about other people, but do you think they ever saw how they were? I mean, some know that they're 'good', and that could make them all ignorant to their own psycological problems.

37yrs • M •
yes! i know wandering..

that boggels my mind that they are so smart but have even worse problems...

like stupid people are happy???????

35yrs • F •
well, some people who are considered stupid are happy. I mean, a lot of people are just so oblivious to the world around them that they have no major problems to deal with.

37yrs • M •
that's very true wandering..

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Money can not buy happiness, but it can rent it"

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
Happiness
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy