Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The time is NOW! IT is your choice. - Page 4

User Thread
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
'NO, I will not except false gods over the One and Only.
NOR can I pretend to accept it.'

Who said anything about accepting my Patron as your God? If your own Pope could respect non-Christians, and the fact that they do not worship the same Deity as he did, why can't you also exhibit respect? I was under the assumption that to go against the Holy Father's doctrines was a sin in and of itself. I would certainly not expect you to issue mea culpa as he did, may he rest in peace, but you could show the same [/b]respect[/b], tolerance, and common courtesy that he did give to those outside of his faith. Respecting a person who does not worship as you, and accepting that persons God as your own are two completely different and unrelated subjects. But then again, since you are so intolerant and disrespectful, one must assume that your religious leader is among the Religious Reich here in the States, so who exactly is your Holy Father, Rushdooney, Robertson, Falwell, or Graham perhaps? You have called them 'Extremists' before, but they consider themselves Fundamentalists, and the only real difference is that an Extremist is willing to kill for his religion.

"The children of the church cannot fail to return in spirit to repentance for the acquiescence shown, especially in some centuries, toward methods of intolerance and even violence in the service of the truth." Pope John Paul II, 2004

Thanks Lefty, you got in that hypocritical statement before I did.

I don't know about everyone else, but Trish's Avatar appears to be skewed due to resizing. I find it appropriate, since her own views of the Christ appear to be skewed also.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
WWJD...??

Well, put it this way...When asked how to go to heaven...He gave the path...the hardest path...and they walked away.

IT is easier for you to attack my person...than to accept what I say.

Because Christ kept on going...and took the stripes on HIS back...for YOU and everyone in here.

He took the thorns dug deeply into His head cutting through his skin and piercing tender flesh.

He took the nails pounded through His flesh both feet and hands.

He took the cross while dripping sweat into his open wounds, and carried it.

He took the piercing of His side.

He took the 3 long hours hanging in absolute pain, without any comforts whatsoever.

He took the spitting, the smacking, the mocking, and the agony...FOR YOU BUDDY!!!!

And what have these pagan gods given you??

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"IT is easier for you to attack my person...than to accept what I say."

You don't say anything, you repeat only the claims of others. Which everyone does, the difference being those who swear by claims of others and those who say they understand they can't know.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Revelation aka Apocalypse

22:10 And he saith to me: Seal not the words of the prophecy of this book. For the time is at hand.

22:11 He that hurteth, let him hurt still: and he that is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is just, let him be justified still: and he that is holy, let him be sanctified still.

Note Let him hurt still. . .It is not an exhortation, or license to go on in sin; but an intimation, that how far soever the wicked may proceed, their progress shall quickly end, and then they must expect to meet with proportionable punishments.

22:12 Behold, I come quickly: and my reward is with me, to render to every, man according to his works.

22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

22:14 Blessed are they that wash their robes in the blood of the Lamb: that they may have a right to the tree of life and may enter in by the gates into the city.

22:15 Without are dogs and sorcerers and unchaste and murderers and servers of idols and every one that loveth and maketh a lie.

22:16 I, Jesus, have sent my angel, to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the root and stock of David, the bright and morning star.

22:17 And the spirit and the bride say: Come. And he that heareth, let him say: Come. And he that thirsteth, let him come. And he that will, let him take the water of life, freely.

22:18 For I testify to every one that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book: If any man shall add to these things, God shall add unto him the plagues written in this book.

22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from these things that are written in this book.

22:20 He that giveth testimony of these things, saith: Surely, I come quickly: Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

22:21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Firstly, it was not his 'hands and feet'. This is physiologically impossible, these areas simply cannot support the weight of the human body. The nails were driven through his wrists and ankles, as is noted in many ancient writings describing crucifixions. Read up on the subject of Stigmata, you will see that the locations of those wounds are what Church investigators look for. Another contradiction in your ideology.

As to your list of what he 'did for me', that is part of your belief system. What happened to Him occurred simply because he was a rebel, provoking the Hebrews to revolt against the Romans, and was subsequently punished for that crime. Christians merely used that occasion to further their own agendas and doctrines.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
The time is NOW! IT is your choice. - Page 4
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy