We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The time is NOW! IT is your choice. - Page 3

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
..and the "casual" consensual sex, even if understood by both parties to be just.."sex"... still creates a bond, and can lead to many misunderstandings.

Over assumption, (regardless if its understood to be casual sex or not..)will occur.And eventually lead to misunderstandings,miscommunication, or no communication ..

By engaging in "casual sex", you're given the luxury of hiding behind a mutual blockade of the word "casual"..

And by doing so, you debase you entire character and morale when denying these assumptions.

..or simply by engaging in casual sex.

Morale has been lost.

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ek, why do some have such a trouble understanding that it is not Christianity in and of itself that I argue about, have I not stated that enough? I simply will not have my religion spat upon. Why is it, when Xians shit on my religion it is proper or Ok, but when I stand up for my beliefs, I am a bigot, Xian hater, or worse? Have I ever instigated a verbal attack, or have I always defended myself?

That said, concerning casual sex, you are correct that it can have negative repercussions at times; I have seen many inter-gender friendships destroyed by 'casual' sex. But I have seen just as many friendships strengthened by such intimacy. It depends on the persons involved.

In my opinion, more damage comes from total abstinence. We are basically part of the animal kingdom after all, creationism or evolution issues aside, and reproduction will beat out even self-preservation instincts. To deny that basic instinct of procreation, I am sure you will agree, will lead to stress and possibly psychosis. For some people, prayer is enough to sustain abstinence, but for the majority of the population, it will cause them to seek other, sometimes harmful, avenues of relieve.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 36yrs • M •
..well, i havent seen anyone "shit on your religion". pagan.

good point with the sex.

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 59yrs • M •
Ok, so someone saying I am going to your Hell, or otherwise somehow pay for being such a sinner (read non-Christian), that my Gods do not exist, that Pagans are responsible for the world's catastrophes, that I'm a biased Xian-phobe, etc, etc, bla bla, means no one is pottying on me beliefs (my apologies to those readers of the feminine persuasion for my language in the previous post). I am supposed to be sitting quietly while this goes on? Sorry bud, not this Pagan. I don't mean to bash on you Ek, you seem a decent sort, but I 'turned the other check' sufficiently when I was still a Christian, thank you

Back on topic, stereotyping any segment of society, be it racial, religious, or for discussions on sex, is never a good thing, yes?.

36yrs • M •
stereotyping IS wrong...but you cant alleviate the responsibility that people have for their own actions.

I dont doubt you've "turned the other cheek."

there are all different walks of life, sometimes you believe and sometimes you dont. Sometimes you have faith sometimes you dont. you should believe what you want, but whose to say we wont suffer for making the wrong decision?

59yrs • M •
Agreed about responsibility, when it is taken away from a casual intimacy, then comes the troubles. My apologies for the length of this post, it started out as five lines, honest.

I think I see a misunderstanding. I do believe in your God, just as I do mine, and all the plethora of other established deities. I certainly respect all religions and their Patrons, but I simply do not follow the Xian God. One can respect another person's religion, without worshipping their Deity. One does not have to respect the way someone practices their religion though, hence my apparent vehemence towards those who would force their religion on others. I will always stand up and defend my God with every once of my being, just as anyone should.

I see the universe made up of three succinct levels, The Material, The Divine, and The Source (the underlying Power of the Universe, no more sentient than a sunbeam). You might find it blasphemous, but I believe all of the Gods and Goddesses were created by man, to act as intermediaries to the Source, including your God. No one can deny the power of mass prayer, imagine such a concentration of human will over eons. For me to say I do not also believe in God, Allah, Odin, Zeus, and all the others in additon to my Patron would be hypocritical.

The jury, for me, is still out on Satan. Though not a God himself, so much attention has been given to the fallen angel over the eons that he might exist as an entity. If he does exist, he is a Christian construct, and would only hold sway over those that followed the Xian traditions. Just as, for example, Shiva would not have any influence on a Christian. Deities simply cannot influence those outside of their traditions, without an active form of worship/prayer towards that Deity, and permission from one's own.

36yrs • M •
"Deities simply cannot influence those outside of their traditions, without an active form of worship/prayer towards that Deity, and permission from one's own."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
---

Of course you would say that, if you believe "God" is created by the person who believes in him.(it)..w/e

Satan was created by God. He had free will just as all of us do. and just like Gods creation will be the anti-christ, God doesnt make our choices. That where faith comes in.

Ofcourse when you view religion as a psychological attachment, conjured up by man in order to get a better grasp on the world, your gonna believe "God" was solely derived from man.

59yrs • M •
Differing beliefs, yes, but the whole object of my stance is that I will have respect. No, you do not have to believe as I do, but when people disrespect my beliefs, I will speak out.

51yrs • M •
Captain Iron is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Just kill yourself and get it fucking over with

"We are NEVER getting over this!!"
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
You might find it blasphemous, but I believe all of the Gods and Goddesses were created by man, to act as intermediaries to the Source, including your God.

gods and goddesses were created by men..so therefore ...why would you put your life in peril b4 the one God who created man?

CI...that's harsh.

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 59yrs • M •
I am in 'peril' by your beliefs dear, not mine.

You will just have to get over the fact that Pagans are here to stay, and that as long as Fundamentalists hold to their world domination agenda, you will force people out of your religion by alienating everyone.

56yrs • F •

Faith either is or is NOT..I do not dispel that gift.

That is God's option...

BUT I will give you a clue on how to find it... Just ask.

Otherwise, you can chase non entities all you want. I dont care...

I posted this thread to warn... Take or it leave it, but when it all happens...you will have yet one last chance to convert.
Many are asked to pray unceasingly for those who do not believe..to convert souls back to God to save them...and humanity if possible.

God's religion was not created by Christ for the heck of it...He died for you buddy. Take that gift of salvation or leave it.
YOU are the only one who be present for YOUR judgement.

Cant blame me...either.
YOU have been given a brain and have been shown what's up. ITS in your court...nothing I can do to give you the enlightenment.

Reminds me of the story..of the woman who climbed onto her roof during a raging flood.
She prayed for God to save her..
A helicopter shows up, she says 'No God will save me."

And this happens two more times....and she refuses.

Finally she dies.

She stands b4 God and says "I prayed for you to save me, but you didn't."
God says.."I sent you three helicopters, what more could you want?"

Peace out!

59yrs • M •
"YOU have been given a brain"

Yes, I have a brain, one that has the ability to think outside of the Fundamentalist Manifesto. You go ahead and 'pray' for us heathens and heretics dear, if it will make you feel better, but idle threats of damnation, disrespecting our religions, and suggesting we cause all of the worlds calamities will not help your position.

You have made the claim that I am trying to 'convert' people, or otherwise draw them away from your form of the Christian religion. If I have made some people think with their brain, instead of their book, then I am indeed satisfied.

Would you call the Pastor I work with, or any other religious person, any less the Christian for accepting that I worship differently?

56yrs • F •
IF the preacher fears your rejection of him is he the 'hired' man??

Peter and Paul and all the Apostles 'shook the dirt off their feet' when ppl refused to listen. {They walked away}

IN other words, they did as they were told to...go out and teach about Jesus.
BY shaking the dust off, they did not carry the DIRT with them, and they 'forgot' about the hard hearts..... and knew Jesus would not hold them accountable for the ones who refused.

Instead they leave the judgement to the Lord.

AS I am leaving you ~ yours...

NO, I will not except false gods over the One and Only.
NOR can I pretend to accept it.

I am honest, and forth right. WHY? Because YOUR 'salvation' is in peril, and me patting your back is not going to assist you...but if a heart of stone exists still, I know I did my job....and leave it to God.

That is MY FINAL ANSWER...and I wipe the dust off my feet.

This is why I dont pretend, mix words, or coddle.
IT is what it is....

Open minds absorb all matter...closed minds resist the Light.

MY mind is opened...by the Holy Spirit to faith...!!
The Holy Spirit brings zeal..and courage in the face of those who mock God in their minds.

This is a matter of your 'eternity'...where will these false gods be at your judgement??
Ponderous.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"NO, I will not except false gods over the One and Only.
NOR can I pretend to accept it."

"Open minds absorb all matter...closed minds resist the Light."

This shows a mind about as open as a rust laden steel trap.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
The time is NOW! IT is your choice. - Page 3
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy