Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Theories on Death

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that HaiderKhan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Theories on Death
Ive been doing alot of thinking lately, in my room. I have formulized a theory on death. I believe that you do exist after you die. After you die, the only way for you to exist would be in someone elses conciense.

If people remembered you then you wouldnt actually die. You'd be living through another person, through memory.

And this also leads me to a theory on life:

People+Ideas=Life

I think, without knowledge, and without other people to share your knowledge. Your life wouldn't have a meaning to it.

I don't know, this is just my theory, and I believe there might be other thoeries like mine. So please excuse my ignorance.

"Life is a dream, when you wake up the real journey begins"
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In my belief structure, there is a part of everyone, termed a 'spiritual self' or some call a soul that never dies, nor can be destroyed. As a spiritual persons returns life after life, and learns those lessons it needs to learn, it will eventually achieve a kind of 'perfection' and return to what some refer to as the 'Universal Source', that insentient all encompassing power which we are part of and created of.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that HaiderKhan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Isnt that kind of like buddism? Where a person gets reincarnated until he/ or she reaches nirvana.

"Life is a dream, when you wake up the real journey begins"
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Many religions teach reincarnation. The major difference in the one I adhere to is that you cannot return as an animal. In my beliefs, as humans have their own spiritual 'force', or plane if you will, as does each other major type of animal. In other words, there is a human 'heaven', a canid 'heaven', a bovine 'heaven', and so on. In prayers, protection and healing work, one can tap into that individual animal spiritual force. Different animals have different attributes, which one could utilize to affect change in your life, as that individual animal 'essence' can teach and guide you, through the basic attributes of that animal. This is of course in addition to those human spiritual guides and Ancestors that also assist and teach

As for consciousness, in the belief structure I follow, one retains consciousness on the 'other side', and the portion of the spiritual self that makes up a person's 'soul' is merely a part of that spiritual self, the remaining portion of which remains on the spiritual plane. I have been getting brain cramps trying to remember the author of a book I read in my early twenties. This gentleman claims to have followed Houdini about, after his death, talking to those Mediums the magician could not disprove, there are several. They all describe the 'other side' the same way, and is as follows...

----------------------------------------------
When a person dies on the material plane (Earth), it takes several days for the cord that connects the spiritual self, or soul, to the body to dissolve, and the deceased will coalesce on the astral plane (what some refer to as heaven). If a person is cremated, then the transformation takes longer, and that entity is very confused when the transformation is complete. On the other side, another spiritual person waits for the recently deceased, to help them readjust, as the spiritual self is reformed and made complete with the dissolving of the 'soul' and the 'silver cord'. That helper may be part of your soul family, or a soul mate or friend, or a complete 'stranger', depending on who is available, and not busy elsewhere (on Earth).

The 'other side' is basically the same as Earth in form, but of a very sylvan appearance, and different portions of this heaven contain different weather patterns. Every book ever written, or to be written, is available for study. Food is plentiful and varied, but there is no hunger, one eats merely for pleasure. Music is of course present, as are all musical instruments. Fatigue is unknown, but there are places to rest, meditate, and contemplate. Those who have attained higher learning (learned more of the lessons necessary) are available for consultation. This Celestial plane is merely a way station however, as one climbs the Celestial Ladder in their efforts to attain Perfection, and return once more to whence they came, the Source of all (what I refer to as the Universal Source, or Buddhists refer to as Nirvana).
---------------------------------------------

Sorry if that is abit muddled, I am going on memory, and compressing a three hundred some odd page book. To the best of the Authors knowledge, these several Mediums had no or minimal contact with one another, and were spread over several countries.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cujo0424 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've often wondered about reincarnation as yourself, in which you just relive your life continuously until the end of time. Though I have come to the conclusion that there is no real conclusion. All the people who know what happens in the afterlife are kind of hard to talk to. It's hard for me to imagine the rest of eternity in simple emptiness and blackness with no thoughts or feelings or emotions, like when you go to sleep and you don't dream.
I've found the simple contemplation of the whole afterlife concept to be extremely strenuous. You can sit there and think for YEARS and never really be sure as to what the truth is.
The people who are always living life on the edge are sometimes those who believe that there is no afterlife and they have to live their lives as thoroughly as possible before they're simply plunged into a world of eternal darkness and emptiness. It's not necessarily a positive philosophy on the afterlife, but it's just as much of a possibility as anybody else's.
I myself don't lean my own beliefs towards one philosophy or another, I do lean my preferences, and I don't think I would really enjoy reincarnation. I think that if God is taking you off of this Earth, it's because your time is up, you've lived, hope-fully you've had the privelage to love, and now there will be new life to take your place. If this is true, than why come back into the world in another shape or form?
Life is an amazing experience, but it's really something that can only be done once. All of the struggles and the heart-aches simply can't be repeated, and I would much rather prefer that the philosophy of heaven and hell be true. I'd rather live in the peacefullness and mystery of a heaven, then relive life as another person. Sure, maybe it's done for the experience of seeing life through the eys of somebody else, but I don't know if I'd really want to do that. Though the pleasures in life outnumber the pains, the pains are too harsh to be encountered more than once in my opinion.

""Scared is not the right word...I'm frightened of it..."---Love & Death"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Some interesting thoughtss here...

here is a link to an ongoing reincarnation thread....
http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/thrdid=11743-u-frmid=

I like the earlier thought that without sharing your experience life is meaningless..... its something to ponder for sure...

Death seems to be a necesity of life... it frames it with such a contrast- We can endlessly speculate but we wont have any concrete answers soon on the matter.
I am not a big beleiver in an afterlife of anykind but I think for those who do it provides some comfort and if it brings someone comfort in an often terbulent world then that is a good thing.
Do you ever equate death with the thoughts of time before birth.... the time before our exsistance seems didfferent than the time after we will exsist.
Afterlife or not indeed the exsistence (the unique perspectve, experience and sense of self) we know will be gone forever.
Its here that now my mind wanders to the thoughts of just what the hell is exsistance anyway...
Death and Exsistance two ideas so abstract- defining each other in many ways........

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 36yrs • M •
bighead is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i like the way you think upon life after death existence only capable through memory but it holds several problems. firstly if no one ever met you did you ever nessersarrilly exist, it appears that your theory does not hold any self validation is my vaillidation to you people through my post or if i had just thought my ideas without any one listening to them mean they existed at all. when u speak of living through memories i feel more inclined to say that, that is only the mark of your existence left behind just like engraving your name in a peice of stone of doing a peice of art work does not continue your existence but leave a leggasy after you projecting what your existence was like at one point.

"their is always a way to make it better"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
and memory is just another created situation of pleasure, pain, want...emotion. Consciousness is emotion, that dies when the body is gone....but that's the easy way out...let it die when the body is alive and you're eternal!....

"Being is not knowing!"
 33yrs • F •
Kgc is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
So all we are doing is living for other people. Do we remeber our own lives. Are we of any knowlege that we are in someone's head?

"our parents are god. and then we hit puberty, and were satan just because we wanted better."
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vic_Silver is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I wouldn't know, I've never died before(at least not to my knowledge). However there is evidence to suggest I was born and in this universe one of the most reliable constants is balance. Where there is life, there is death. So I would say it is likely that I as well as everything will end with a great emptyness. An infinite emptyness.

"Somethings out there.. Oh wait thats me"
 38yrs • M •
have you ever been dumped by somebody you truly love? deeper love than anything you've ever understood and they just took it away unexpectidly.......then you've tasted what that emptiness is!

"Being is not knowing!"
 43yrs • M •
I've thought before that maybe all of our fears and spawned out of our will to live. That mental death is just as frightening as physical. The fear of messing up during a public speech, the jealousy of someone bettering you, the fear of being an outcast to your peers. If you die socially then you become empty, and we don't want that.

Probably talking out of me butthole.

38yrs • M •
^^you don't want to be empty??....if not then you will never be filled...emptying yourself of all social and other aquired knowledge you can only learn who your true self is.... you can only learn what life is...and you can only know your position in the cycle of linear motion.... are you scared to be empty?? you're scared of the results right?...Like I said fear is what runs the human race...and fear is what will kill it...

"Being is not knowing!"
 43yrs • M •
My previous post was just an observation and theory on the human pscyhe. Would be rather funny thou if fear(nature's device for keeping us alive) ended up destorying us.

39yrs • M •
my_last_breath is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
what about the possibility that when you die you continue on with your life as a dream, with no idea that it isn't real

"When Im God Everyone Dies"
Theories on Death
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy