If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you - Beatleboy182
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Being Lazy

User Thread
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that A Distraction B is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Being Lazy
it is a saturday today, and all i have heard from my parents was ' why dont you go out?' 'you should do something' ' give one of your friends a call' 'get out of the house for a change!' etc etc ... well is being lazy so wrong? in a few months i will be going away to college and working my butt off. is it wrong to be enjoying tv and food this much? lol no. i enjoy chilling with nothing to do because i know the next few decades will be more challenging than ive seen so far.

"you held my hem as I traveled blind listening to the whispering in my ear"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
no kidding, enjoy it to the fullest... just dont make a habit of it later on down the road. college isnt as stressful as people make it seem, you just have to learn to manage time well... and people suck at that

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Distraction, I feel just the same.

I've been through that extremely stressful college application process. All I hear at school and from people who know me on a less personal level is my future my future my future and how I need to work hard. Not that I'm against working hard and thinking ahead, but geez, I need a break!

That's why I watched Baby Geniuses today and had a late breakfast. I support a routine life, but weekends are for spontaneity

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that HaiderKhan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I dont believe in weekends. I could care less if i get into collage, and i could care less about my future. Yes, i know collage is important. But society enforces that demand not me. Of course if you want to be accepted in todays society then i recommend you go to collage. Me, i dont care about money, money makes you corrupt. All society cares about is money, jobs, and desires.

Me, I find true happiness in knowledge. I have dedicated myself to becoming wiser than everyone. Every day i read about something new. Maybe on one day ill study medicine by myself. Another day ill be lost in theology. I have found out that collage really doesnt matter to me, i have to go through a personal journey in order to acheive success and happiness.

"Life is a dream, when you wake up the real journey begins"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that A Distraction B is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
you sound like me when i was 15. i dont care, society sucks blah blah blah. believe me your view will change. its not about being told to go to college, thats not it. So many student go because they want to continue their education. since you say that you value knowledge, than why not increase your knowledge with the help of intelligent professors and oppurtunity?

"you held my hem as I traveled blind listening to the whispering in my ear"
 34yrs • M •
Why would i need professors, when i have already have all the books i need here in my house. I did not say collage is bad for you, i just choose not to go. I can teach myself. Hell, if i need money i can write a book.

34yrs • M •
Btw i used to like the idea of going to collage, but after i studied philosophy my view changed.

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The human mind can make a Hell out of a Heaven and a Heaven out of Hell. (John Milton) Studying philosophy can do that.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
Being Lazy
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy