Every great advance in natural knowledge has involved the absolute rejection of authority. - Chilltime55
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

This Is The Reality

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This Is The Reality
quote:
a Bush adviser told reporter Ron Suskind last fall? The adviser dismissed journalists as part of the "reality-based community" and bragged: "We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality...we'll act again, creating other new realities..."

From TomPain.com

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
so you can study those too.....

I've heard this one, kind of interesting.

But caring or giving it an iota of legitimacy is surely unwarrented, it doesn't fit into the scheme of our current Honest Abe Administration, I'm sure no right wings will give it the time of day, so what worth can it have, right?

I don't know the circumstances to the quote, but I can hear the excuses now, he's joking, he's a lone loon, he's Ann Coulter in disguise, but no matter what, what he says means nothing.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 53yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Xris is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"America has done more good for the rest of the world than any other society. The single biggest gift that America has shared with the impoverished billions on our planet is hope.

At the end of the Cold War, America made an awesome strategic error: It decided to behave like an ordinary country. There is nothing inherently wrong with behaving like an ordinary country, especially a peaceful ordinary country. The only problem is that, over the course of 200 years, America had succeeded in convincing mankind that it was an extraordinary country."

-Kishore Mahbubani, Singapore's former Ambassador to the United Nations

64yrs • M •
leftwood - I wish the article did mention who the source was, that would make it more creditable - but - most likely, the source requested their name be left out.

Xris - Our country has done the most good in this world. Our country has also done the most evil. Strange that is.

If you been overseas, you'll see that people are more relaxed, and appear to be more free. That is also strange. The only thing I can figure is our first ancestors were religious fanatics and criminals. That's about the way we are. We are either the best of the best or the worst of the worst. Me and my buddies in the Navy, we used to have this same discussion many times.

53yrs • M •
"Our country has done the most good in this world. Our country has also done the most evil. Strange that is.
"

You know what - you can go fuck yourself. You are one sick perverted bastard. You have the audacity to call America worse than Nazi Germany or the USSR? If I were Leftwood I would be convinced you are an Al Qaeda agent. I don't think I have ever read anything as disgusting as what you wrote. I'm glad I believe in karma!

64yrs • M •
Xris - now we are getting a little upset now.

America is no better, or no worse than Germany - At least, not that I or you are qualified to judge. I do not wish to get into completion with them as being the worst of the worst.

quote:
You have the audacity to call America worse than Nazi Germany or the USSR?

Show me where I said these things - Saying I said something I didn't say - that's called slander.

quote:
If I were Leftwood I would be convinced you are an Al Qaeda agent.

But you're not letfwood. We can do what if for the rest of our life, and we will get no where. What is, is what is. You're Xris, and you can't be leftwood.

To explain further what I said - not that I should have to.

Have we been completely fair with the Native Indians? Did we not once own slaves? Did we not invent the bomb? did we not use it? I'm sure others can think of other things. Our history is not exactly pure and innocent as you may have been lead to believe. Obviously none of your majors are in history.

I think it is true that America is responsible for more bloodshed in this world than any other nation. I could be wrong - but I doubt it.

On the bright side however, we have done more to aid disaster victims and starving nations then any other nation. So I think I am right in saying, we are the worst of the worst and the best of the best. Which is what I said, I don't recall saying anything about Nazi Germany or the USSR.

If you think I'm wrong, you're free to say so. While you are attempting to show me the errors of my way - let me just say that name calling just doesn't do it for me.

53yrs • M •
Yes I did get upset and when I read what you write it boils my blood. It is truly disgusting. You wrote: "Our country has also done the most evil". That means that we have done more evil than Germany did or than Russia did. That means that our actions exceed in evil those that built concentration camps or those that used chemical weapons on their own people or those that killed millions.

The fact is America is the greatest nation on the planet - America has done more good than any other nation not only now but throughout all of history. You're moral equivalence is cowardly.

"Have we been completely fair with the Native Indians?"

No we weren't - are native Americans now citizens with equal rights living in the greatest nation on the planet - yes they are. I'm not arguing that America is sinless - of course it made horrible mistakes and committed horrific evils but to argue that it is the most evil nation in the world is truly evil.

"Did we not once own slaves?"

Slavery was established by the colonial powers that established America. Did America not abolish slavery?

"Did we not invent the bomb?"

Yeah - your point? That bomb has saved more lives than can be possibly imagined.

" did we not use it?"

Yes we did and doing so was a moral good. IT SAVED LIVES - it saved Japanese lives by the millions.

"I'm sure others can think of other things. Our history is not exactly pure and innocent as you may have been lead to believe. Obviously none of your majors are in history."

I am a history major moron - it is obvious you are not. You are a radical hate-filled puppet of anti-American extremism. Your view about America is hardly different from that of Osama's and sounds strikingly similar to the things said by Soviet propagandists during the Cold War and Tokyo Rose during WWII.

64yrs • M •
Xris - you have a different definition of evil than I do.

To make it clear:

Righteousness = life
Evil = death

While both the USSR and Germany have commited crimes against there own. Crimes that we may never in our history commited. It may be possible for one evil to be a greater evil than another evil. But I'm not goin there.

So let me put this in different terms for you.

America is responsible for saving more lives than any other country.

America is responsible for killing more people than any other country.

It isn't right for you to call me a coward, I served my country.

This is a perfect example of how you see a glass half empty.

Did I not say, "Our country has done the most good in this world."

The truths hurts, it can be painful - unless ofcourse you refuse to see it and instead decide to justify every evil to remain in your fairy tale land.

53yrs • M •
"America is responsible for killing more people than any other country."

You are either the stupidest person I've ever debated or you are a propagandist. How in the hell do you justify such a ridiculous statement.

64yrs • M •
That's your opinion xris.

Have you ever thought that some people think you're the dumbest person they have ever debated with.

Another example of what you say about others is the truth about yourself.

53yrs • M •
No let me give you an example of an opinion:

"America is responsible for killing more people than any other country."

Not only is that an opinion but it is about the dumbest and most vile opinions one could hold. It is so disgusting because it is so far from the truth and has absolutely no historical validity. The fact that you refuse to validate it is further proof.

64yrs • M •
From TomPain.com

quote:
: a Bush adviser told reporter Ron Suskind last fall? The adviser dismissed journalists as part of the "reality-based community" and bragged: "We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality...we'll act again, creating other new realities..."

This post got 465 hits on my blog - busiest day so far.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
And what do you have to say to that quote Xris, is it an actual quote, or is there some excuse to it too?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 53yrs • M •
What do I say to that quote? Nothing - I have no idea who said it, his intelligence level, his motive etc. People say stupid things all the time.

Some people even say evil things like America is the most evil nation in the world and has killed more people than any other nation.

What do you have to say to that Lefty?

64yrs • M •
quote:
Our country has done the most good in this world. Our country has also done the most evil. Strange that is.

It's called free speech Xris. I am not evil because I said it, and you not believing it, does not make you righteous.

Faith is a good thing, even if what you believe is not true, it can have strength. I wish that your faith in Mr. Bush could make him a good man, but I'm afraid that it gives his lies and deciet power, power it should not have.

This Is The Reality
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy