The sky is packed with stars. What eyes the wise men must have had to see one more among so many. - Attolia
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Creating Web Sites

User Thread
 47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Creating Web Sites
Anyone here create their own web pages? Do you use a site that will help you create it and put all of the HTML codes in for you? Or do you Hard Code your pages (put your HTML codes in yourself)?

Em

""Live life to the fullest!""
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hey G

I have tried my hand a few web pages, havent spent alot of time doing it but I kinda picked up some codes.

Hard coding it as you put it is the better of way of doin it. It allows you to set the page up alot better that using pre-built scripts.

I guess it all depends on what you want or need to do.

47yrs • F •
I'm not lookin for anyone to do a page for me or anything. Infact I'm taking a course on web page design and have played with a couple of pages already. I was just lookin to see if we had any peeps here in UG that were also interested in designing.

But you are right. Hard coding is better than pre-built scripts. It let's the designer know exactly what's goin on and when they need to go fix or change something they usually know right where to go. I have alot of fun with it!!

Em

45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Guess how long Robin worked on the whole UGN........

47yrs • F •
Ummm beings he's still bringin us things and UGN has been up for a couple of years or so and before that we had just plain UG I'ma say yearsssssssssssss....lmao

Em

59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've made a few web pages from scratch, but it's too much a pain in the posterior.
When I do them now (lost my web space and domain due to lack of funds) I use the Arachnaphilia web editor. It's good to learn on, and has enough bells and whistles for the more proviscent. And it's shareware!

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 42yrs • M •
rajeevnet is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I have made some.But it is to difficult if you are using free hosting, always there is some problem

"make use of time"
 42yrs • M •
rajeevnet is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.

"make use of time"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It's best to just write it by hand in notepad, becasue the programs that do it for you allways leave a huge mess of code which is hard to read if you need to fix it later.

"He who does not question is lost."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The easiest so far was Geocities, but I don't like Geocites. Right now I'm using 1and1. They offer no online editor. You download to your computer, make your changes and upload. Kind of a pain.
I currently use the Mozilla composer. That works for me. If I need help on something, I'll try to find help by doing a web search or find a web page with something I'm trying to do and look at their html to see how they did it.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 34yrs • F •
skittish_morre is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i hate it!urgh....our teacher always ask us to create our own website every month and i keep on forgetting and loosing all my files...but that's not the major PROBLEM...the very problem is HOW TO CREATE A FORUM SITE LIKE THIS?i have just created a new forum site from cjb.net but still i Couldnt find any waaays on uploading it because of all my school projects..im 16 years old a 1st year colege at a computer school and taking up associate in computer technology at philippines....i barely need your help guys!please for crying out loud..............HELP ME!

""oblivion is worst than death!""
Creating Web Sites
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy