Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Conspiracy Confessions

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Conspiracy Confessions
8 minutes of a very small collection of quotes from people in the know.

http://www.unlearning.org/library/conspire.wmv

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 46yrs • M
I would appreciate any feedback on this 8 minute film.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The video gets the point across and it makes you question the government. I like the comment on Henry Kissinger. What Arthur Schlesinger said:
quote:
"We are not going to acheive a new world order without paying for it in blood as well as words and money"

really bothered me because it is very true. It was informative and it really opens your eyes to see the other important leaders agree with it and do nothing.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
there is a slow shift in the mindset of people that has been going on since 9/11. before i wouldnt have given the idea of a world government a second thought, it would have seemed absurd. but now, when i really start to think about it, it almost seems neccisary at times. its not that i have fear, it just seems like it would be much less complicated that way. america should by no means be the one to dominate and "take over" if you will. but, if an agreement between nations can be made, i am for it. we all share this planet, we should all be working together. hmm... im getting a bit close to communism in my head now.

the world should not be run by a singular person or ideal, but rather a council of people, a bit like how the UN operates. its kind of a scary thought, but if worked out well i think it could be effecient and effective, without depriving people of their freedoms.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 53yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Xris is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My God Wyote - thats scary what your are willing to embrace. Do you understand the concept of checks and balcances? If you eliminate the nation factor you eliminate checks to abuses of power and there can be no balance. Power corrupts and what you are proposing is putting absolute power in the hands of a few men.

40yrs • M •
the thing is, its already in the hands of a few men. i would rather they be out in the open and constantly scrutinized, as opposed to them hiding in the shadows, doing as they please.

53yrs • M •
no its not already in the hands of a few men - in fact we are living in a time when more people have power than any other time in history and they are forced to compete and challenge each other to protect their power - thus checks and balances.

If you want it in the hands of a few men operating secretly then create one organization of power - it would be a a catastrophe.

40yrs • M •
i dont want it in the hands of a few men operating secretly, i thought i made that point clear. i would like our world run by a sizable organization of people which is constantly watched and scrutinized. with constant change and reform, which includes a form of checks and balances similiar to what we have today, but even more open to the general public. very few people understand, or even bother to understand government in this day and age.

53yrs • M •
I know thats not what you want but by having a single gov't thats exactly what you would get and what I am trying to impress upon you is that nations are a check to other nations. By eliminating the nation factor you eliminate those checks and balances.

"very few people understand, or even bother to understand government in this day and age"

More people are involved in govt amd understand govt than any time in history. You think its bad today but it was always worse in the past!

40yrs • M •
that is very true, the numbers have grown, but it still needs to be a lot better, particularly in america in my opinion.

nations are a check to other nations, i dont have things all planned out in my head (obviously) but i still believe things would run more smoothly if we all had the same system... obviously this system would need a way to involve checks and balances...i feel like im repeating myself a lot... but anyway, it is still a very long way off from working, if it ever could. i suppose it is just a silly pipe dream of mine though.

46yrs • M
Nobody knows the numbers, nobody knows what everyone else is thinking, feeling, and doing.

There is an already working global system, its a system that has held great influence or direct control over many nations, rich and poor, and their leaders.

This is the system of International Corporations (especially dealing in natural resources or weapons) and Central Banks. Between these we have a revolving door of who is a CEO one year and in the White House or the UN next.

And since the all important "american interests" that we so forcibly pursue have long since merged with Corporate and Banking interests, we have a smaller number of people running both, and most of them are friends or "business partners".

53yrs • M •
Ewwww another conspiracy theory.

46yrs • M
This thread is called conspiracy confessions for a reason, not theories.

Your juvenile attitude is simply unfortunate and unproductive.

53yrs • M •
Maybe there is a conspiracy that can explain my juvenile attitude?

Please, for the last time, put the cool-aid down!

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In Antarctica we have an Ice Runway on the Ross Ice Shelf that does not meet FAA standards, therefore, only military air craft could land. One year that all changed because a rich man from Texas thought it was a good idea to have private plains land there.

Yes - the rich rule and we are led to believe that this is a democracy.

I watched it, I liked it, thanks for sharing.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
Conspiracy Confessions
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy