Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Body Art/Piercing - Page 2

User Thread
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that A Distraction B is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i guess it all depends on who you are and your purpose of being here. i dont understand getting tat's of dragons celtic crap wolves hearts flames etc it is so played out and overused! stop being cliche and think of an original idea for once. If a person has a visible tattoo, i think that is a sign of insecurity

"you held my hem as I traveled blind listening to the whispering in my ear"
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Everyone is allowed an opinion of coure, but just to keep the record straight, all of my tats are freehand one of a kind, I do not use artists who use flash.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that A Distraction B is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i have an appointment on april 8th to get my first tattoo. i am not very nervous, scared etc. i am just not sure what to get. i have some ideas but the only thing i know for sure is the location. the top of my back

59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A DistractionB - If I may offer advice, demand to use a fresh needle, one from a brand new pack. All of the suggestions belowm can also be applied to body piercers.
I had seen some of my current artists outstanding work before, but I went and watched a few sessions first, to make sure of his sterile procedure. Some of the things to watch for...

Glove use - Does he change gloves when answering the phone, touching his face (thats a no-no with gloves on), adjusting the machine, and so on.
Papers - A recent certification from the local health board, if this is available in your area to tattooists. Any certificate from recognized, official tattoo organizations are always a plus, but do not of coure guarentee sterility and quality.
Gerneral Cleanlyness - Are there gloves/wrappers/caps/wipes strewn about, does he scrub his chair/floor/counters
with anti-bacterial solution. Does he use fresh, brand new caps to hold the ink with every person. Do they allow the needles to touch tabletops, chair arms, etc. Does he replace needles if they fall on the floor.

I had to find a new artist, because the old one, who I hadnt seen in years, had allowed her sterile practices to lapse, and infected almost ten people with Hep. A tattoo Artist should be more sterile than an autopsy, in particularly because of the number of people they come in contact with.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 37yrs • F •
hmm. well thank you TheIrishPagan for your concern. i have done my research. i am not a dumb kid! lol... yes i have gotten my bellybutton and both nostrils pierced at this place. I keep going back to it because they amaze me! they care so much there. i actually wanted the bottom of my bellybutton done but the guy wouldnt do it because the top wasnt healed enough. He wasnt just going to take my money. This tattoo/piercing place has a Great reputation in my area. If you took a white glove to the place, you would find no dirt. ( 2 meanings there ) anyway... yes its definitly soemthing to look into before one gets tattooed.

i am looking for ideas for my tat today. i dont want something that people are going to look at and know exactly what it means. if possible, i want to be the only person in the world who knows what i represent. screw everyone else. oops!

37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that niners69sgirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i have two peircings other than the normal ear peircing that they do at the jewelry girlie store at my mall a 14 gauge in my tongue and one in my belly button so naturally i'm for it lol workin on gettin my favorite drawing on my leg which is gonna be way more than i can afford like 200 as small as they can get it is as big as i drew it and then one thats gonna cost me 80 that i drew also so yeah i'm all for tats n peircings they look cool and not only that the ones u get sometimes discribe what type of person you are after all once u get em they are a part of you

"sonrisa siesta y fiesta ...if ya wanna know don't be afraid to ask i only bite on days that end in y"
Body Art/Piercing - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy