Cherish the happy memories of your childhood, for they make a good cushion to sit on when you get older. - l2 () l3
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

A Beautiful Mind

User Thread
 38yrs • F •
Lady_E is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
A Beautiful Mind
I'm so tired of people only talking to me because of how I look. There's so much more to me than what lies on the surface. I'm left to question after every conversation with someone of the opposite sex whether they were only talking to me because of how I appear. Sometimes I question whether it would be easier to look very average; at least then I could have the clarity of knowing that they were speaking to me because of what I was saying rather than what I was wearing. I'm a very different person, it's very hard for me to find other people who spend their times thinking of the things that I do. I know through these conversations that more than half of the time the person isn't interested at all, but they still sit and listen... hoping to get laid. Does my personality not matter at all? I'm so sick of the trivial, so sick of these phonies. I want something real. How can you waste your time with someone you're not interested in because you find them attractive? I find that so shallow. Good looking people are no longer attractive to me if I don't enjoy what they have to say. I don't want this kind of attention anymore. I've long since grown out of this phase. I want to feel something real. I'm sick of not knowing whether you're here because you want to be or because you want a piece. For once I'd like to be told I had a beautiful mind rather than a beautiful face. For that's where it really matters.

"Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about creating yourself."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
coming from the other end of the spectrum, you may be tired of the way you are treated, but you should feel lucky that you are more approachable than most. i dont think your actual issue is specfic to you or to "pretty" people alone. it is just hard to find people on the same wave length as yourself. you will find boring ugly people, interesting attractive people, interesting ugly people and boring attractive people.

personally, i find many attractive people irritating. i feel as if they do not care what my opinion is, nor do they want to waste their time on me because i will not be flirty or sexual right off the bat.

there are all kinds of people. just ask them the right questions and you should have no problems. if a guy knows you are a serious person off the bat, if he is just looking for a good time he will leave you alone.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 38yrs • M •
HarshTranquil is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Dear Frustrated;

Have you tried punching yourself in the face a few times in the morning? This is a very quick and easy way to give a pretty person that 'average' look they've been searching for, and just right for getting all the ugly nerds in your proximity to ask you for your opinion. If this doesn't work, try using a urine-based leave in conditioner. That should do the trick.
- Dr. Answers

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I know what you mean, guys always giving you the "look", honking at you as they pass by with their cars, always being approached and always hearing the most pathetic pick-up lines. It's fun but tireing at the same time. But maybe your looking in all the wrong places, where specific types of people usually hang out. Maybe your personality doesn't shine enough through your outward appearance. Maybe your only looking for a specific type of person so you don't notice other people. Maybe your just judgeing the other person too quickly, assuming that they're only talking to you for your looks. When I first moved here, a lot of the people I know said to me that they were afraid/ intimidated because of how I looked and how I composed myself. But I was open to them and we all just got to know each other and grow to appreciate our qualities and personalities. I've been told that I have a beautiful mind and a beautiful face, you just have to know how to bring them both out.
Oh, and if all else fails, take Harsh Tranquil's advice.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 61yrs • F •
Cazzie is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
LMFAO @ Harsh - you made me actually laugh out laugh.

so funny

38yrs • F •
Lady_E is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
haha Harsh that was an excellent idea!

"Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about creating yourself."
 62yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Lady Tazmanian is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Harsh, you are my new hero.

A Beautiful Mind
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy