Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

School girl frustration - Page 2

User Thread
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ya know what'd be great? If people got tested on life skills and everyday things in school. If people got commended for things like art and writting (if your into that). I mean, you can write your soul out, then get some stupid grade of like 60%, I mean, is that what your thoughts are worth? Some people just learn differently and they shouldn't be forced to do things that won't benefit them, but instead, they should help you build on the strengths you already have (or want to have). I don't excel academically n e more, but I'm into things like art, which is practically my life, and I like to study pyshology and philosophy and especailly body language, which I do on my own time.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that White_Bishop is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Amen again. When I am motivated in a certain subject I will excell at it in a phenomenal way. But th problem is that I become motivated by things only for so long, and then I lose interest and move onto other things. And when I am not motivated in one area I will ignore all work associated with it and work on the thing that I am motivated on. It can be very frustrated at times, when my grades come back with one A on the report card, and the other classes all having very poor grades.

"Words are but the pathways for thought to travel from mind to mind"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JimmyK is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ok im naturally smart, but this is idiotic. I was one of the few people in my school to get a 99 on my gateway writing test in 8th grade, but i still got a low grade in english(76). Im a talented writer, but nobody in school gives a shit. I think its the schools, and the teachers fault for my failing.

And yea y the hell do i need memorize something that is worthless to my mind? Why the hell do i need to know what happened to presidet jimmy carter on the second of semptember?! Why am i stuck with these primitive idiots in my class who dont give a damn about knowledge? It isnt my fault im failing.

O and white bishop i too get bored in class, school just isnt a personal learning experiance, its like a prison. After school i usually go work out, and then i become indulged in my own research. I write short essays on philosophical theories, and other subjects. People are always nagging me to GET GOOD GRADES. How the hell am i gonna get good grades when im not even motivated to learn? There is something wrong with the majority of society, the people here on this forum are the right ones. We are the geniueses of society held back my primitive idiots.

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Whats cool is that theres this program here that certain people can take. It's like you learn and do the job at the same time. It's for people who can't work one job for the rest of their lives because it doesn't satisfy them. So what they do is they train you on a certain skill or job, and after a bit you do the job for as long as you need, then you move on. Like for acouple months you get to work as one thing, then they train you to do another thing after. It's pretty good. But not many people know about it and I don't think the program is available in too many places. For me, I'm good at art and fashion design, and I love writting poems but these things won't get me into the honor roll anymore.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
School girl frustration - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy