I sing the joy of wandering and the pleasure of the wanderer's death - Apollinaire
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Holy Trinity

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Holy Trinity
Hey ppl. Well, reffering to those phhrases of Christ such as 'when you see me you see God', I think it was taken in the wrong sense. Just like the Buddha and other people who had attained the last stage of spirituality and enlighntement, what he must've meant was that as he had shed himself of his personality, seeing him, i.e his soul, was like seeing God. It wasn't meant to be taken litterally. He was not God himself, only a reflection of God, a reflection of the universal soul

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that secret07 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Angel, what the entire Christian faith is based on is that Jesus was and is God. Jesus was literally fathered by God. the trinity is just what it says it is. three parts to a whole. God the father, the son, and the holy spirit. I suppose you could say that all three are the parts of God, though it is something nearly impossible to explain or understand. The difference between Jesus and the other prophets, such as Buddha, is that Jesus is God in a human form. So, it was meant to be taken literally.

"life sucks but its better than the alternative"
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
John 1
1 2 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
He was in the beginning with God.

3 All things came to be through him, and without him nothing came to be. What came to be
through him was life, and this life was the light of the human race;

And the Word became flesh 9 and made his dwelling among us, and we saw his glory, the glory as of the Father's only Son, full of grace and truth.
10 John testified to him and cried out, saying, "This was he of whom I said, 'The one who is coming after me ranks ahead of me because he existed before me.'"
From his fullness we have all received, grace in place of grace, 11
because while the law was given through Moses, grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
No one has ever seen God. The only Son, God, 12 who is at the Father's side, has revealed him.
13 14 And this is the testimony of John. When the Jews from Jerusalem sent priests and Levites (to him) to ask him, "Who are you?"
15 he admitted and did not deny it, but admitted, "I am not the Messiah."
So they asked him, "What are you then? Are you Elijah?" 16 And he said, "I am not." "Are you the Prophet?" He answered, "No."
So they said to him, "Who are you, so we can give an answer to those who sent us? What do you have to say for yourself?"
He said: "I am 'the voice of one crying out in the desert, "Make straight the way of the Lord,"' 17 as Isaiah the prophet said."

Isaiah
Chapter 60
You shall suck the milk of nations, and be nursed at royal breasts; You shall know that I, the LORD, am your savior, your redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.

Isaiah
Chapter 61
1 The spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me; He has sent me to bring glad tidings to the lowly, to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives and release to the prisoners,
To announce a year of favor from the LORD and a day of vindication by our God, to comfort all who mourn;

Ten Commandments
Thou shalt not take thy name in vain.

Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here and see my hands, and bring your hand and put it into my side, and do not be unbelieving, but believe."
17 Thomas answered and said to him, "My Lord and my God!"
18 Jesus said to him, "Have you come to believe because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed."

He became lower than angels.

There are so many verses ......not just one.
AND Thomas did not break the commandments and exlaim the Lord's name in vain, he was addressing Jesus.

Good post secret.

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Jesus is not God!!!!!!......do you understand how big God is?? do you know how many levels of insight you have to go through just to understand a single percentage of what god is about....not IS.......Jesus was the word of God...the words from his mouth.....the invisible nature, he was just an instrument...something to draw you from your physical perception into the perception you were born with...... People take Jesus and his actions too literal.....the literal stuff only are portrayed to display the symbolic effects...... God was the word comming out from Jesus.... Jesus was In God...not God.....his life was God, that which was at the beginning... just like all of us, we were here from the beginning realize that..... we're all children of God...son of God, daughter of God.. but we are not the almighty......will never be, because the almighty gave us our own reality...and will do with that reality whatever the creator pleases.......ah forget it, this is pointless Nobody can make you see what IS unless YOU want to see it.....hope somebody reads this and gets enlightened....

"Being is not knowing!"
 53yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Xris is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In the beginning was the Word and the Word was face to face with God and the WORD IS GOD!

Look if you dont believe that Jesus is God then you must either believe that he was the most evil liar or the most crazy lunatic. Those are the only options that Jesus leaves you. Jesus claimed to be God (I and my Father are one) who could forgive peoples sins - if this is a lie then Jesus was a lying lunatic. Remeber that it is also forbidden to worship anyone but God and Jesus received worship (Thomas said 'Oh my Lord and my God' and Jesus said "Blessed are those who do not see me and believe that" ).

We are not all children of God - some are children of the Serpent.

[  Edited by Xris at   ]
 38yrs • M •
^^^God be with you sir....I'm saddened for you... All are Gods children, the serpent has not children.... The serpent is not a literal body....it is the principalities and powers created by the human mind.......The bible has been tampered with I'll say it now...and i'll say it again... Jesus brought truth to the world.. He brought God to the world...God wasn't face to face with the word, because that would mean the creator has seperated "himself".....There is the word, the word was IN the creator and the word is the creator.....!!!...No jesus, no mohammed, no buddha, no Haile selassie...no Mary...nothing! Just God just the flowing river of life that's in every single one of us.......Every single creation came from the being of God....every single human is a child of God.......Humans are satan, God/realists know what they do...yet the creator still keeps the love inside them.......God will blow your mind!...and until you've been in that mental explosion and see yourself in a single dimension with just you against the nothingness which is God...you won't realize your reality and that No man can claim to be the creator...but that anyman can claim to be IN...and OF the creator...which is what Jesus did.....

"Being is not knowing!"
 53yrs • M •
And I am sad for you - Im sad for anyone that believes HItler and Stalin are God's children.

"The serpent is not a literal body"

Neither is God.

"Jesus brought truth to the world"

Then why do you call Jesus a liar on this matter?

"God wasn't face to face with the word, because that would mean the creator has seperated "himself"

Thats the greek word used - face to face with. You acknowledge that God is inconceivable and now you deny that God - who is One being - can have more than one personhood. You again limit what God is. You also deny the truth that Jesus died for - that HE IS GOD. That he is the I AM.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Hey ppl. Well, reffering to those phhrases of Christ such as 'when you see me you see God', I think it was taken in the wrong sense. Just like the Buddha and other people who had attained the last stage of spirituality and enlighntement, what he must've meant was that as he had shed himself of his personality, seeing him, i.e his soul, was like seeing God. It wasn't meant to be taken litterally. He was not God himself, only a reflection of God, a reflection of the universal soul
Yes, you are quite right.
quote:
Look if you dont believe that Jesus is God then you must either believe that he was the most evil liar oe the most crazy lunatic. Those are the only options that Jesus leaves you.
May be to your way of thinking.
quote:
Jesus claimed to be God (I and my Father are one) who could forgive peoples sins -
this is a lie then Jesus & GOD are one in the Spirit.
Jesus never put himself as equal to God, the Father.
He died on the cross as a sacrifice because man use not preared to receive him.
This is called the Plan of Salvation.
GOD's Way via His Christ to save those in whom He is pleased?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 53yrs • M •
"May be to your way of thinking."

No, Jesus left no other option. If Jesus did not have the power to forgive sins and convinced millions wrongfully that he had the authority to redeem them then he is one of the greatest deceivers that ever lived and was a lunatic.

"Jesus never put himself as equal to God, the Father. "

He sure did. As I already mentioned, Jesus allowed Himself to be worshiped. According to Levitical law (and I'm sure you've read the 10 Commandments) only God can be worshipped. Jesus said that we that believe that Jesus is LORD AND GOD will be blessed.

38yrs • M •
^^...lmao....The jesus that you're talking about IS a liar!!.... haha... jesus brought truth, but accepting worship is a lie, I wasn't there when he was alive..... but If that's so, then he contradicted himself.... First he says he's not the father, that he and the father are one in the spirit...then he recieves worship???..... Excuse me for this...but I feel strongly that the bible has been tampered with....severely...one word can change the meaning of all of history......The jesus which came to earth that I believe was of truth and example of spiritual nature, not physical<-!!! Is a totally different person from what you know......This Jesus would never place himself before anybody, He would have no disciples....he would have plain old friends.....(The meaning of disciples and friends wouldn't be different)......The Jesus of truth that I understand would never accept worship, but would be ready to applaude accomplishment.....That's the Jesus I understand which is truth.......I don't want to push anything on you so you can disregard everything I stated before this sentence. I just don't see the bible as a ballad of complete truth right now.....too many things were changed for the contentment of man......

"Being is not knowing!"
 53yrs • M •
Im sure you are lyao because it is apparent that you are not very familiar with Jesus. No Jesus is not the Father - Jesus is the Son. God is one being with three persons. That is why Jesus is worthy of worship.

Just because the Jesus doesnt fit your idea of him does not mean that the Bible must have been tampered with. LMAO

72yrs • M •
quote:
Im sure you are lyao because it is apparent that you are not very familiar with Jesus. No Jesus is not the Father - Jesus is the Son. God is one being with three persons.

[url=http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/thrdid=30176-u-frmid=17-u-
page=2#36047]
Christian system tends not to give distinction between the spiritual being and the actions of the spirit. They tend to form a trinity of soul (GOD), mind (spirit) & body (physical) nature to human beings.
Which is reflceted in their view as the Holy Trinity.
quote:
...then he recieves worship?
I am not familiar with those passages. But the apostles seemed to go to great length to insure they were not received in such a manner> as they were taught by Jesus?

53yrs • M •
"I am not familiar with those passages. But the apostles seemed to go to great length to insure they were not received in such a manner> as they were taught by Jesus?"

That's correct - the apostles were instruced that way and lets not forget the angel's in both the OT and NT that also warn against being worshiped.

"24Now Thomas (called Didymus), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25So the other disciples told him, 'We have seen the Lord!'
But he said to them, 'Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it.'

26A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, 'Peace be with you!' 27Then he said to Thomas, 'Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.'

28Thomas said to him, 'My Lord and my God!'

29Then Jesus told him, 'Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.'

John 20.24-29 NIV

72yrs • M •
Yes, so to it is written that should descends must come from above. Which is to the point of this life {we lead}, what we do {or don't do} here because of what has been done?
To exemplify the 'Spiritual Life of Christ'?
To fulfill the purpose of His Will?
Not mine but my Father's will be done?
What is the first commandment?
To Love the Lord God with all your heart, etc. & put No God before Me.
Be wary brother least you find some shadow hidden within its folds, that being the way of robes. For Christ is the Mediator is One & GOD is One . . . so for whom does He mediate?
So separation of being does exist? So yes many are the beings {heavenly host} and so they should not be worshipped but must be given {treated with} respect?

59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Note: personal Beliefs follow...

A person is reincarnated until they learn what lessons they need to, and that these lessons can build up over time, as new lessons are developed during each succeeding lifetime, whether the lessons in place already are dealt with or not.

Those that have attained a higher 'rung' on this 'celestial ladder of learning' are able to more readily access their spiritual aspects, and the inherent spiritual power that resides in that other self.

If Jesus was indeed a real person, as opposed to a fictional character, then he had, according to the definitions listed above, achieved near perfection and ultimate knowledge, and therefore could perform some or all of those 'miracles' he is said to have accomplished.

Was he indeed real? There is corroborating evidence to strongly suggest he was an actual person. Do I or would I worship him as the son of a God? No, I would not, as I would view him as a spiritually powerful individual, and certainly worthy of respect for his knowledge.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
Holy Trinity
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy