Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Does rap music insight violence amongst young peop - Page 3

User Thread
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that spiderz is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
okay, personally i dislike rap, but mayb thatz bcoz i cannot relate to their songs. many of them are about violence and old stories, i guess i listen 2 more linkin park, coz im kinda insecure. i think the people that get influenced by these songs are kids that are relatin 2 these singers and rappers. kids that cannot find peace and help anywhere else, so when a rapper comes along sayin, yeah, look at me, and look real gud, im jus an older version of u, i went thru all the shit, that ur goin thru now, and then the rapper says wat he did, or wat happened, wat does this kid do, he imitates. so im sayin, that it dont matta if itz rap, rock, or if itz a bloody balad, if the kids realtin 2 it, hes learnin from it. and then hez gonna imatate coz the dnt know wat else 2 do.

"There is a thin line between bravery and stupidity"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Setsu is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No, but bad parenting and a bad enviorment does cause violence among children.

""Life without knowledge is like death in disguise..." - MC HP"
 32yrs • M •
october_falls is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
ilistened to rap and it was the reason i started drugs partly but i dont rgret it because i believe you live 1ce and you got to live life how you want and dont waste the time you have

"the light at the end of the tunnel is usually an oncoming train"
 34yrs • M •
Dime333 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Danipog is right as long as there has been media, new or other wise there has been outcry that it it is dammaging for youth.

To say that people, carry out the violent actions mentioned is songs, is naive. The majority of all songs written and in the public are about love, and there isnt the too much love and consideration for everyone about is there.

"How can there be any logic in biological war"
 37yrs • F •
parrill2006 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
most of the time it does cause young kid to do stupid shit but sometimes it doesn't

"whats up"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that doom123 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ohhhh most certainly. it also glorifies gangs drug use/distribution, womanizing, and chauvinism. rap is just another aspect of a self defeating culture and the decline of western civilization.

"if life has no point whats the point in talking about it?"
 31yrs • M •
tyrantofthought is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Not directly. If their parents are stupid enough to let them listen to it and not mention morals about it, then it could. It all depends on the person. I could listen to violent music, watch violent movies, and play violent games for months and still not become violent. Then again, someone else with a different take on stuff like that can.

"What does it profit a man to gain the whole world but lose his soul - A man no different from you and me"
 34yrs • F •
timber is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
people insight violence among other people. if rap were to blame, then explain the hundreds of thousands of years that humans have been killing each other for the most ridiculous reasons. did violins and drums made of sheep skin provoke violent acts in the past? no. music is just a rythm. i listen to some of the most degrading and angry lyrics you will ever hear, but i have never had the urge to hurt anyone. i can't even fish without letting it go back into the water, or i feel guilty. a man on a radio can call you what he wants, but its not about what they call you. its about what you answer to. its not whats coming through the radio, its about the person sitting next to you while you're listening.

"You may kick my ass, but you won't forget the fight."
Does rap music insight violence amongst young peop - Page 3
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy