Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

2008 presidential candidates

User Thread
 80yrs • M •
maggie19 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Already, almost four years before the 2008 presidential election, there are hundreds of popssible 2008 presidential candidates.
In fact, a Yahoo search for "2008 presidential candidates" at http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=2008+presidential+candidates&ei=UTF
-8&fr=FP-tab-web-t&n=20&fl=0&vc=&x=wrt
gives about 200,000 results.
Some pundits say the most likely matchup is New Yorker vs. New Yorker (Rudy Giuliani vs. Hillary Clinton), but other possibilities include Bill vs. Bill (Bill Frist vs.Bill Richardson) or (if the Constitution is amended) President vs. President (George W. Bush vs. Bill Clinton).
Political junkies are gonna love this long election campaign.

34yrs • M •
Jimi444 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.

I think Obama would be a good choice for VP or a canidate (newly elected senator from Illinois). But geographically that isn't where i would choose from.

For the Democrats i feel they should get a canidate from the west like: Montana (Schwietzer), Nevada (Reid). I also think they should get one from the east: North Carolina (Easley), West Virginia (Manchin), and also i think John Kerry wouldn't be a bad choice either. Other choices of mine are:Arkansas (Lincoln), Colorado (Salazar), Wisconsin (Feingold) and Indiana (Bath).

For the Republicans: I don't know any canidates for the republicans, been more focusing on the Democrats. But i feel they should get a canidate from the around my area: Minnesota, Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin. I also think they should get a canidate from the northeast.

43yrs • M •
eadillon24 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
It seems to me that most people are missing historical lessons here. There are only a short list of potential candidates for the Democratic Nomination. Or atleast there should be. History shows us that sitting senators are absolutely terriable candidates, they just don't win. And considering Hillary Clinton is going to run that excludes the possibility of any other women getting the nomination. Along with Hillary the likely place to look for 08 candidates is male sitting governors, ex governors, ex senators and long shot being ex vp's. They party will not choose someone from the east coast again either. It will be someone from either the south, south west or the midwest. Bill Richardson of New Mexico...Hispanic, help deliver the south west (at least New Mexico). Interesting to see how the Clintons energy secretary feels about tangling with Hillary though. Tom Vilsak of Iowa. A midwest state that the Democrats let slip away in 04, would help out in Midwest. Mark Warner governor of Virgina. Obviously southern has worked for Democrats in the recent past. He may help in southern states that aren't as hard right, i.e. West Virgina, Florida. John Breaux former senator from Louisiana. Works in the corparte sector now, thus, friendlly with buisness. Well respected, again southern appeal without the stigma of being a sitting senator. As for long shots to defy history: Indiana's Evan Bayh, Iowa's Tom Harkin, Florida's Bill Nelson. Gore is not likely, then again his carear path is eerily similar to Nixon's...think about it.

43yrs • M •
eadillon24 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
sorry, I somehow forgot John Edwards who will run for sure. John Kerry may run again, but he will under no cicumstances get the nom. The Republicans will not nominate Guiliani, he is pro-choice, pro-gun control and pro-enviroment. Not to mention he just hung himself with his homeland security buddy. The likely candidates to me are Bill Frist (I hope he gets it, he isn't a great candidate) Rick Santorum from PA (scary conservative, but very attractive tpo the hard right). Mitt Romney Governor of Mass. is very attarctive to the GOP a consevative from MA, what more could they ask for. Jeb won't run, it's too soon, if the GOP loses in 08 he will be brought back as the night in shinning armor to reclaim his heriditary title.

34yrs • M •
Jimi444 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.

My view for the Democratic party is that they should have a canidate from the east/mid-west/west. I personally feel that they should get one from the midwest and west. That way they would probably win back New Mexico and other key states. Will still being relatively close to the east coast for some votes there. Around my region in Minnesota (and down) and the man from New Mexico would be my picks.

87yrs • F •
tmoore is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think that John McCain will have an excellent chance for the Republicans.Also like Giuliani
For the Democrats,I cannot imagine Hillary Clinton would get the vote of the South may be some of the Midwest
I do not believe Kerry or Edwards have a chance at all
Still, being myself a Republican I like Bill Richardson and Barak Omaba

34yrs • M •
Demcrats defiantly need a canidate from a red or swing state. For the Republicans i would say a red and swing state to. So they try not to loose what they have.

38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
GIULIANI, dear God. I have to introduce that guy at a speaker event in two months. I wonder what I'm going to say, I can't think of anything at the moment, haha.

Democrats are disorganized, Republicans are too extreme, and most of this country finds itself somewhere in the middle of the political spectrum. I forsee some troubling economic times for this country in the next four years.

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy