Well i was as helpless as a chess piece when I was lifted up by someone's hand, and delivered from the corner my enemies had got me in. (Brighteyes) - iSOUGHT|THOUGHT
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Scientific Proof of the Bible vs Theories - Page 3

User Thread
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree. I couldnt have put it better.

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
The problem with science lies in its tendency to be its own religion many people believe in science to solve their problems and they worship technology.

Science is not a religion, it is a philosophy.

quote:
Not so long ago it was believed that the aging gene would be found and altered in such a way as to let man live for hundreds of years. Yesterday on the news there was a story about how our life expectancy is now going down not up.

It would be marvelous if you could show me the news article. Life expectancy is increasing in developed countries. The Aging gene is well understood. As you age, your telomeres on the gene gradually shorten. It is theoretically possible to prevent the shortening of telomeres, and hence slow or stop aging.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Timmo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hi ever1

for starter in the bible, dinosaurs were before animals, adam and eve didnt just happen, they (the human race) was created through a series of evelution,

secondly the bible contradicts itself thousands of times (143 times)

The planter was planned for life, i mean loom at it, its in turmoil

i could go on for eva

i mean i believ in somehting greater but....

oh yeh and all religions are the same thing, Greater power, peace, after life.

Tankad on the house

"There is no such thing as innocence obly degrees of guilt"
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
secondly the bible contradicts itself thousands of times (143 times)

Where??

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The bible does contradict itself 143 times, if not more. Read the following: http://www.bringyou.to/apologetics/bible.htm

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 39yrs • M •
Thanks Summit (awsome website, i was kind of thinking deeper, but nice one all the same)
As i said i didnt read all of it and still found 143

if neone fonds out how many PLZ tell me, so i can laugh at that crappy story

ummm parish it probably does thousands of times, i dint read all of it maybe thre first half of the first testimant

and god says ,may the devil, the necromancer, be harvsted like the weed as angels harvest us into the devine kingdom...... ummm hello jesus raised the dead, is that not necromancy. Exlain that patrish, (heheehhe)

Is god what we make of him, if u asked 5 ppl i bet u would get 5 different answers, the same for jesus, its pure speculation, to u god is pure loving ect.... and to u its true, me i think hes evil, to me its true, we counter eachother, with the fact no one knows what god is or what he means, or if he exists, therefore i rest this forum saying, god and the so called "bible" (fiction as i call it) is a rsort to the mind of man, so all our troubles can go away, well i ay get off your ASS and help the world don t let MR. God (who doesnt do nething, eg. world trade centers, as an australian, all the troops in iraq, fighting extremists, if he were real it wouldnt be happening) think hes all high and mighty when he is clearly not. DO SOMETHING, HELP OUT IN OUR DYING WORLD PLZ

I beleive in myself and the good in humanity

Thanks

get the real god right PLZ

tankard on the house

[  Edited by Timmo at   ]
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I haven't yet gone through all of them but the ones I have looked at are not even contradictions at all.

quote:
DO SOMETHING, HELP OUT IN OUR DYING WORLD PLZ

Most "terrorists" are doing something to help out a dying world. You mentioned perspective and if you talked to the terrorists you would find that they believe what they do is beneficial for the world. Of course this is the result of acting without God's guidance. If people lived by the rules God set we wouldn't have these problems.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 39yrs • M •
ah you speak some wisdom but let me rectafie that, terrorists even said that they are doin ths for the good of their countries or religion, we as a comunity try to help all of humanity, their way of doing that is leveling other countries, they even contradict their religion.

PLZ dont say they r truly tring to help our world.

all the same, nice counter

tamkards on the house
Timmo

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ok - the original poster claims that science proves the bible to be true.

I don't believe science can prove the bible to be true but that does not make the bible false.

The bible is poetry, it is not facts and figures, but poetry that speaks to the heart, read it any other way and you will misunderstand it like the terrorists do.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
may the devil, the necromancer, be harvsted like the weed as angels harvest us into the devine kingdom

where exactly is this verse in the bible?

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ya, that is exactly like our saying we are in Iraq to promote democracy

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 38yrs • F •
smashly is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
here is some scientific evidence from the bible...." He...HANGETH THE EARTH UPON NOTHING." JOB 26:7 THIS SCIENTIFIC FACT IS FROM jOB, THE bIBLES OLDEST BOOK
"HE...SITTETH UPON THE CIRCLE OF THE EARTH." ISAIAH40:22 the Bible said the earth is round for centuries before man found out. "TO MAKE WEIGHT FOR THE WINDS." JOB28:25 long before scientists knew God said air has weight.

those are to just a few add to the discussion ...

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wayback is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Funny thing as I had done some kayaking to explore the possiblities for photography purposes. Because of the insablity of kayaks (& canoes), I went out to Weedon Island Preserve with my 35mm as a test run. They have a canoe trail back into the mangroves which gives one a real feel for the ecoloical aspect of our environment.
Paddling to isolated mangrove islands, I noted these crabs in the trees! Like most people I had been well aware of these tiny crabs scurring around the beaches & backwaters but never gave them much thought. Curiously, I never gave it much thought as they seem to exist in mud flats & beaches burrowing holes & such. I never thought of them as tree-dwellers before, didn't give thought as to how do they breathe?
I mean do they have gills like fish but then how is that they could expend so much time out of water?

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wayback is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sorry about the photo quality but they were shot with a 300mm lens in macro mode, hand held while sitting in a kayak. Started to wonder how did these little fellows get on this "island of mangroves"? Is this an aquatic snail? Did they move off shore by crossing the bay floor? How do they breathe & how would they know that these mangroves had grown there?
Darwin's Theory, does it contain or is it based a scientific evidence? I mean is their a genetic link of fish & man or was a snail / crab that crawled out of the ooze (muck) that evolved into man?

Scientific Proof of the Bible vs Theories - Page 3
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy