Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Circle of Life

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
Kraytilius is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Circle of Life
I have so many thoughts and never write them down, so I'm gonna start with this basic one. I don't like to read, so forgive me if this one has been taken. Pretty much everything in life is based on reproduction. That's why sex is thought of so much by people. It doesn't stop there. Things are based on reproduction that wouldn't seem related. I have theorys that fun and humor are. We think that things like roller coasters are fun because they make us feel danger, and it's natural for us to feel danger because we need to in order to survive. When we know consiously that there is no danger, we only feel our natual instinct wich (most of the time) is pleasure. Humor is the same way. We see or hear something that isn't right. We have unconcious reason to feel concerned about it, but since we know that there is no danger conciously, we only feel the pleasure. We want to survive so that we can reproduce. Our thinking that things are cute are our natual parenting feelings. People fall in love so that a guy can take care of a pregnat women who isn't in the condition for hunting for food. I'm starting to get theories that music dancing feel good because rhythm is necessary for sex. That's why a man and a woman dance together most of the time. Women like to spend so much time making themselves look good because it's an unconcious need to attract a man to Impregnate her so that reproduction will take place. I think that the reason that it hurts for women to get their periods is because they have failed to do the one thing that people were created for. If you're thinking "It hurts more for a woman to not get her period and give birth to a child." that's because in order to recieve something, a sacrifice must be made. Because reproduction is the only thing that people were made for, a baby is something that a woman has a natural desire for. There are too many more examples that I have to name them all. My point is "What's the point?" Why were we made just so we could make more of us? I can't find the answer because all things having to do with life are based on making more life.

And don't mind any mistakes that I've made in this. I'm not gonna proof-read it.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that iSOUGHT|THOUGHT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
after the child has been brought into this world, the "neverending" task of raising said child so that they may grow and develop seems to be a connected circle... the process of growth and development, both physically and mentally, looks to me like another repetitive process of ones inherent need to propogate (in many aspects of the term).

that primordial urge starts it all... i can go with you on that

"as i see it the only "variable" in the equation is THOUGHT. you are capable of changing this and this alone."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah well, I don't think that the only purpose of human existance is reproduction, although it is one of the purposes. Have u ever heard of unconditional love? Like a mothers love. Well, if a person has uncondional love fer someone, then he or she will sacrifice his/her life, or do anything thats for the best, for that person, with no regard whatsoever of reproduction.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 34yrs • M •
Kraytilius is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
If something is unconcious then, you're not thinking about it. I'm not talking about what people have in mind. I mean the way that our bodys are made. The thing that I had in mind when I said "hunt for food" was the oldest days. Back in the stone age (or whenever it was), you had to go out and kill stuff in order to eat. It isn't good for people who are pregnant to do this, and I'm not saying this is what they have in mind. Of course it isn't. It's just what was had in mind when our bodies were created. This is why I used the word "unconscious" so much. As for not all people having natural parenting urges, I think that that's probably an exception like homosexuality is. Homosexuals still have the desire to fall in love, and have sex. I think that homosexuality was designed to control population. I really hate all of this though. Why am I talking about it? It makes things seem so terrible. I think that that covers everything but number six. Hmmm...I wonder if the pain of one's period increases as their desire to have a child increases. The only person who talks to me openly about her period has very strong desires for a child. Could you help me out on that?
Oh yeah, my age is 14. I put in the wrong birthdate because I've been in a situation where I was too young to be part of the forums.

34yrs • M •
TheMole is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I must say that is seems logical that everything is unconciously connected with reproduction from what you have said, but I'm curious as to how you might say learning is connected. Everyone has an urge to learn and to become smarter, I don't see how this can be connected though.

Mole

35yrs • M •
Learning too is a natural human instinct, u can say it allows us to survive, so there is your link with reproduction.
However, we learn precisly because we want to get rid of the notion that the sole purpose of our existence is reproduction, i.e, give meaning to life.

34yrs • M •
And if we think that there's meaning to life, or we're preocupied with figuring it out, we'll have the desire to live and in life we'll reproduce.

35yrs • M •
Yeah.

Btw, we see that everything is connected, plants, animals, slugs birds, fish, bacteria, they all are part of the life cycle, but where do we humans fit in?

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What makes you think there is any difference with where we fit in? Because we're out of control and destroying everything we come in contact with?

So we're half breeds, half animal, half natural disaster.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 36yrs • M •
Anomaly33 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Ah, so the meaning to life is sex? How very interesting.

But seriously though, your idea has pretty good foundation. Did you come up with this all on your own? If you did, I'm impressed. It is essentially the same as what science has come up with for the biological reason to life. Many psychologists have attributed all human actions to the subconscious need to reproduce. I don't know if this is true, it's just one theory among many others.

quote:
I have so many thoughts and never write them down

Yeah, that's like the story of my life!

"As we kill Time, Time kills us"
 46yrs • M
The Reproduction is simply a byproduct of the original necessity which was earlier mentioned, survival. It's not just an individual survival instinct we posess, its a species. Because no individual will exist if the whole species is gone.

Sex is a human (and many other creatures) necessity for survival of the species.

A species self declared as all important, because it makes sense? Or because that is what is hard wired for us to FEEL and BELIEVE.

The irony is that for religious and spiritualistic advancement as seen by most cultures and beliefs systems its those very instincts that they feel are in need of being overcome and controled, in many cases of belief even stopped, yet they are necessary to survive.

As a person who has been able to look at the world without the belief that our species is somehow special, I've seen that we are the destroyers of all we claim to cherish, as well as all the things we need to have to survive.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 34yrs • M •
Well, do you have sexual desire? If so, then your purpose might be to reproduce accidentally. If you're a homosexual, then I think that your sexual orientation was made in order to control the population. I'm not sure. I don't think that the purpose of life is to reproduce. I'm actually pretty sure that there is no purpose to life. Why does there have to be? So many people try to figure that out, but why should they assume that there is one. Maybe our minds are just too primitive. The only reasons for life that I can think of have to do with life, and why would there be purpose for that in the first place. It's kind of like trying to figure out how the universe could possibly go on for ever. It has to stop somewhere, but if so, what's outside of that. It would have to be the universe because the universe is defined as all things. Maybe one of us will figure out something some day that's been right under our noses, and makes everything make sense...but what then? I guess we'll figure that out when we've figured out other things. It all seems rather pointless. Why is the progression of human thought and understanding important? A lot of people seem to think so. Maybe it all goes down to the first thing I posted. Maybe we desire to figure things out because that's enough to keep us busy until we've reproduced, and added another link to the circle. We're progressing in technology and such, but what does that really do for us in the end?

46yrs • M
Mystic, reproducing is not the only thing that you can do to help ensure the continuance of the species.

Kraytilius, the only things I've been able to come up with for peoples feeling of a need and belief in a purpose to life is again a point of survival. People can get pretty depressed and not too worried about life if they feel there isn't one, even go crazier. And with the belief systems they've developed and become so dependant upon, as any other drug, they fear such things as, one, just being wrong, and two, the fear of uncertainty.

People are absolute control freaks as well as hoplessly dependant creatures. Such contrasts makes for great volatitlity. And with all the death and destruction we cause to ourselves and our environments people need a pretty big pacifier not to have to face such harsh realities.

And to do that, people have decided to think themselves better and different than the rest of nature, deciding to deem our very existance a holy endeavor. Considering ourselves right and just, wanted and even needed by a god also dreamed up in order corraborate this theory. Denial and complacency sustain us. Thus is the nature of religion. Make up what you want to hear and call it true, who is going to argue but other people to begin with, who can be written off as losers, hethens, or just plain evil, an enemy however you look at it.

Create an idea that can't be currently proven or disproven and call it true anyway, just because it sounds good enough and its what enough people want to hear is all it takes for it to take hold.

46yrs • M
Why do you believe you have desires to have sex? The reason why a sexual desire is a desire to reproduce is because sex, though made to be pleasurable, was not designed for the purpose of pleasure, but to reproduce.

And how old are you?

46yrs • M
What are you disagreeing with and why?

Circle of Life
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy