Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Spirituality

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Spirituality
Hey, I jus wanted to know how many of us are there who practice meditation etc

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I do. (Surprise surprise).

Lately it's been daily and ultimately the goal is to maintain that. And some sort of physical exericse 3-4 times a week.

That combination is the only thing that keeps me sane. Otherwise I can become depressed and really begin to hate this existence.

"Love everyone, question everything and look up!"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
*raises hand*

been doin TM(or something of the sort) since i was about six i think... man its been so long that i dont even remember now

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M •
Well, I started about 4-5 months ago. Before that, for a long time I had questioned who am I, but it all turned when I read this book, an since then there has been no turning back!

So, do u guyz do it (meditation that is!) just for physical an mental befits, or for something greater, like enlighntment?

50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Higher understanding and to bring that sense of calm into the rest of my life... and yes ultimately enlightenment (although I think we have to incorporate more than just meditation to get there).

"The stillness between the breaths"...

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
heh, yea what she said

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M •
Yeah, for enlighnement, u basically have to live in meditation.
Thats what i m tryin to do basically. Lately, I have been trying to insert meditation into whatever I do.
I have been quite successful in such a short time, there was this one experiance a couple of days ago that really affected my perception. First I imagined I was a drop, then a ocean, then everything in existence.
I v'e been particularly interseted in zen buddhisim and sufisim

35yrs • M •
Yeah, for enlighnement, u basically have to live in meditation.
Thats what i m tryin to do basically. Lately, I have been trying to insert meditation into whatever I do.
I have been quite successful in such a short time, there was this one experiance a couple of days ago that really affected my perception. First I imagined I was a drop, then a ocean, then everything in existence.
I v'e been particularly interseted in zen buddhisim and sufisim

50yrs • F •
Are you familiar with Om? Ever been in a public one? That can be pretty powerful.

35yrs • M •
Well, I don't really believe in Om. I mean, if u say any word with the same feeling and meaning, it'l be the same, words don't matter.

35yrs • M •
The vibrations of hundreds of people chanting any word are very powerful.

50yrs • F •
It's not so much the actual word of Om... it's the tone... symbolizes the "tone of the universe". But you're right, a group of people doing anything simultaneous is very powerful.

Mystic, the "block" is always, in my opinion, self created. And, although I'm sure it's there for a reason you're the only one who can change it. I've been there MANY times.

Like Gandhi (at least I'm pretty sure it was Gandhi) said: "We are not afraid of our darkness, we are afraid of our light."

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that iSOUGHT|THOUGHT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
what's the story on OBE's and astral projection?

"as i see it the only "variable" in the equation is THOUGHT. you are capable of changing this and this alone."
 35yrs • M •
The reason why chanting 'give peace a chance' didn't cause a spiritual effect was that it wasn't said with that intent or aura. If u are told om means ice cream, and u go to ur mom and scream OM OM OM!, then that won't result in a spiritual significance!
On the other hand, if i keep on saying icecreammmm, iccecreeaammm, then i will(and have) get a spiritual effect.

63yrs • M •
amarnath is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hi,
Dear Angel of death,
Many people do meditation in different method. Which method you are adopting? Are you got answer for question whom am I?

take care
Amarnath

Spirituality
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy