Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Subconscious

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that iSOUGHT|THOUGHT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Subconscious
http://www.psipog.net/show_36.html

an interesting topic, any thoughts?

"as i see it the only "variable" in the equation is THOUGHT. you are capable of changing this and this alone."
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Thought creates reality.

"Love everyone, question everything and look up!"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'll agree to that.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that iSOUGHT|THOUGHT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
God used thought creation.

http://www.genesis.net.au/~bible/kjv/genesis/

it tells a sequential account (Genesis 1:1-2:3) of creation starting somewhere after the beginning and moments before the Word of God spoke the spiritual and physical universe and dimmensions into being?

then a second account (Genesis 2:4-25) describing a few of the happenings on earth during creation along with a more in depth account of man's creation.

"as i see it the only "variable" in the equation is THOUGHT. you are capable of changing this and this alone."
[  Edited by iSOUGHT|THOUGHT at   ]
 40yrs • M •
oh yes, look at this link. I think the footnote about the "genetic pool" bears a striking resemblance to the image Genesis 1:2 gives of an formless and void earth containing waters (i'm sure that H2O can't be the only thing being refered to here) being stirred or moved upon by an extension of God- the Holy Spirit.

darwin... i kind of like some of the ideas he tossed around/

http://www.fact-index.com/c/co/common_descent.html

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Speculation.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 40yrs • M •
The only way to find the truth, being as we just don't have a complete knowledge of it, seems to come through CONSTANT speculation.
Why do you think we CAN think?

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
DT, why can't u atleast consider other peoples views, instead of staright away regarding it as bull.
I myself don't agree, that doesn't mean I don't consider it.

Yeah, the article about cntrolling the subconcious appears to be true.

btw, evolution and the bible has very little relavance in this topic

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 40yrs • M •
true, but i went down that path because it is a subject i have been currently speculating. all that is is connected in some form or fassion, it's safe to say i was out on a limb.

35yrs • M •
U know, one answer I can't find anywhere is that what is the difference between the sub concious and the concious. I mean, what's their structural difference? Do they have a different arrangement of particles.....

U know, Just before u r about to doze off, just at that moment wake up, and remeber the thought u were were thinking, and u'll see that when u'r nearly asleeep, that is when your sub conciousness is about to take over, u think complete rubbish! U think things which make no sense!

40yrs • M •
http://www.near-death.com/experiences/paranormal11.html

i believe it is called the hypnagogic state. if you can hang on to a bit of consciousness when the sub-conscious takes over, some interesting things are supposed to be able to happen.

http://www.astralinfo.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1273

i'm not sure what their difference is- haven't looked yet, we'll find it though... let me know if you see anything.

35yrs • M •
Well, I dont't completely beleive in these out of body experinaces, literally. I mean, what goes out of the body?

50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Same thing that lives on after the physical form dies... consciousness, soul, whatever you wanna call it.

"Love everyone, question everything and look up!"
 35yrs • M •
yeah, but it can't feel, atleast not physical things. It's not like our popular picture of a soul, i.e a transparent being etc.
The thing is, when ur in that state of deep relaxation, ur conciousness is practically almost asleep, so the mind could be playing tricks, like in dreams.

40yrs • M •
it's my impression the soul is some sort of a conduit for receiving the feelings that are transmitted to the physical being.

the song Parabol on tool's LA TE RA LUS album goes like this-

"this body holding me, this body reminds me that i am not alone and, this body makes me feel- we are eternal all this pain is an allusion."

i think it's pretty interesting.

Subconscious
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy