Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Religion

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Religion
Hey ppl. Well, I need some help here.
Look, u c, I m not sure if I should keep praying and following the holy book, (i.e Quran), I mean, the basic purpose of praying is to esatblish a close relationship with God, but u can do that much better through meditation. I mean, should I pray five times daily, or should I discover my self and God through Meditation etc instead, because prayers basically best help those people with less undersating.
I would have normally just meditated, but it says in the book that it is comoulsory to pray. So should I, or should I just become a sort of mystic or sumtin, with just a direct relationship with God and nothing else.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That is a very personal, and for some a very important question, firstly, you should do what makes you happiest and proves least guilt ridden unless you are willing to fight stereotypes and any reprecussions of friends and family, which may or may not exist for you.

Its all speculation and personal opinion, I personaly have the feeling that if God exists then he knows he's being kind of a dick by all this mass confusion he has allowed, and that he knows how I feel inside, even as a flawed person but with good intentions, that he know I am a person who respects powers greater than himself and that love and compassion as well as productivity and prosperity are the general goals in life worth striving for.

He would know that my lack of trust and faith in the word of man, IMO that includes all religious text, that can still be used as a guide, but more to gaudge peoples bull shit rather than anyhting esle other than texts good messages, he would know that a lacking faith in the man manipulated systems was not an insult to god but a common sense he would appreciate. And any god I had respect for would understand my distaste for his created pain and suffering in anyone.

Whatever you need to do to satisfy your inner desire in a way that allows you to keep sane, you may need a bit more structure to avoid guilt after such a regemented way of practicing religion, so I might suggest keeping a consistent meditation and or prayer time when it is most convenient and relaxing for you, however often you like, prayer and meditation are the same thing in most respects, one is just more loaded and misleading, depending on your personal belief in the ability to communicate with "god".

If you are stressing, just know that you can try something different and always return if you feel you have made a mistake, if that kind of mistake carries great consequence somehow, then try harder to be sure.

That's my 2 cents for you offhand. The only thing I know to be sensable about religion is as another form of happiness to be achieved, be it through decieving oneself or not, but happiness is the goal, so don't stress on it.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
Religion
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy