Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Contradictions in the Quran - Page 4

User Thread
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't follow proclaimed Muslim leaders, for they are not leaders. Islam itself is a personal religion, anyone who attempts to teach it to another through fear, violence, anger and hatred is a hypocrit.

Muhammad talked to God on the Night of Power, as I stated before.

Aye.
I don't even follow Islam religiously.
Read, talk to professors of Religious Studies, discuss!
I say, open your mind and allow the literature written to inspire and clarify - if all the cards are not on the table, you have no decisions or conclusions to make.

I still need to read The Trouble With Islam, I have it and I think it will be a good read. I suggest expanding beyond forums, out of sheer human curiosity!

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
 38yrs • M •
Phoenix__ is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The prophet Muhammad has never seen God

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There is a verse in the Quran that says something like, "Killing one person is like killing all humankind, and saving one person is like saving all humankind."

I know this is a verse, but I can't remember what chapter of the Quran it is from.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 38yrs • M •
Phoenix__ is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
5.32 For that cause We decreed for the Children of Israel that whosoever killeth a human being for other than man slaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if be had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had: saved the life of all mankind. Our messengers came unto them of old with clear proofs (of Allah's sovereignty) , but afterwards lo! many of them became prodigals in the earth. (Surat Al-Maidh)

38yrs • F •
No one's seen God, especially if the religion says that God is light and is everything. If you SPEAK to God directly and receive some sort of message, that deems you a prophet. It's too vague, I suppose technically that's a good call so people don't go around worshiping idols and images, even though that's failed. Even among the monothestic religions.

38yrs • M •
what is your religion?

38yrs • F •
I don't have one religion, althought lately Sufism has been the best association of everything I practice.

38yrs • M •
Sufism is from islam

38yrs • F •
Study up on it, it is a sect of Islam but it encompasses all faiths into one, which is why I said I closely relate to it the most. I've been very inspired by Hindu texts lately, and found a great deal of respect for the religion as a result, and this works well with Sufism because it encourages you to draw your own personal spirituality from many faiths.

I highly suggest reading Sufi poetry, it'll give you an idea of what I mean.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Been a while since we added to the thread so . . .
quote:
The Quran wasn't revealed all in one day, but in pieces. So certain parts were revealed at certain times.
was revealed to him at separate intervals rather than recieved all at once but parts were sealed to be revealed at specific intervals?

quote:
But the Qu'ran was revealed during the lifetime of the prophet, for the Bible, it was revealed after the main prophet addressed had died.
The OT was an oral tradition. As to why Jesus didn't have one of the disciples be an official scribe is something I questioned as well. the best answer I could come to was like the OT, it was supposed to be an oral tradition passed on by word of mouth. Just as the 'gifts of the spirit' were recieved by contact with the apostles.
An interesting thought came to me as someone said something to the extent that I had forsaken Chrisianity by enter into the inipi and NA Traditions . . . note if the present conditions represent [war] aside could a Christian enter into Islam? That is worship GOD within your traditions?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 36yrs • M •
dying_pride is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
what i see in islam nothing but pure satisfaction for one's pleasures it gives credit to many issues to man and in return just discharge women from the whole procedure of this satisfaction it even has lots of contradictions in it

"**it is not enough to conquer one must learn to seduce**"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Mind explaining what you mean? Where's your proof?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What i want to hear is what MUSLIMS REALLY THINK About other religions, now come on be honest

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have found one good verse in the Koran about Christians and Jews. It explains that Christians and Jews are equal to them if they believe in the judgement.

The thing I found about the Koran is that it is so vague. What judgement does it mean? The judgement of Isreal? I don't know, but that's what it said.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well, no it's not vague at all, if at every page every single concept was explained again and again, it would take an eternity! By the 'judgement' it is reffering to the last day, when we'll all be supposedly judged by God, u know the heaven and hell stuff.
Islam makes it an article of faith to believe that jesus and moses(apart from others) were prophets of God, as well as the Bible and Torah. They are called the people of the book, and when the Quran refers to 'unbelievers', it is not reffering to them, as they do believe in God, his prophet and the last day, as okcitykid said.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
Contradictions in the Quran - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy