Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Censorship - Page 2

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that iSOUGHT|THOUGHT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
whoa, i was referring to including only the things you WANT in your situation.

talking against actions like the "war on drugs"... censorship too

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

"as i see it the only "variable" in the equation is THOUGHT. you are capable of changing this and this alone."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Will we ever see the war on war?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that iSOUGHT|THOUGHT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
fuck having to (at least as they have said) war against a nation to protect, preserve, preverse... our freedoms

and fuck the cause of our assertive action being somebody else thinks they have it figured out- that justifies flying planes into tall mother fucking buildings? (what a mess)

about a war on the real enemy... i'm thinking the A.F.E. will get a kick in the ass before we know it... at least i hope/

"as i see it the only "variable" in the equation is THOUGHT. you are capable of changing this and this alone."
 46yrs • M
afe?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 40yrs • M •
american federal empire, it was a label i saw for the "bad guys" behind all the shit i hate in this country. i guess more commonly referred to as "THEY"...

46yrs • M
oh them

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
How to Date Rape....Accounts of Date Rape.....

These appeared in a university publication. The university banned the publication. Censorship? Yes (no right to hear speech that you're free to express.) Was it right? Where do we draw the line?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 46yrs • M
A "how to date rape article" can be used both ways, how to avoid date rape.

Not only could it make people aware of what some people do and try to do, it could make you aware if it is happening and who to be wary of.

If someone is encouraging date rape, then that person may need to be investigated by police, but if they are reporting on it, then that is different.

Freedom of speach is one thing, actually specifically threatening someone is something else.

Knowledge and information can never be faulted with the actions of an individual.

Just as a gun is not a fault for someone being shot.

Besides, on your date rape points, are you saying they should not be discussed, or just discussed a certain way?

Surely you would not try to keep such information from possible victims who are unaware date rape exists.

I think a debate should be taken up with the author or just on the subject matter, if there is concern, not the censorship of the material. Give a disclaimer, those who wish not to know don't have to.

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Censorship is when you have a story and you delete certain facts in the story to change the meaning of the store. It was invented by Karl Rove in one of his earlier lives while serving under Hitler.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
Censorship - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy