Because who you are being isn't who you are, it is the person you are being that is keeping you from being yourself. - Ironwood
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

My Metaphysical Experience

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that UnderDawg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A few nights ago, I had a very weird/enlightening dream. Here's what happened.

Me and a friend were doing something, and somehow I fell off a building and died. As I fell, my thoughts were "I wonder what death is like..." I then went from one stage of consciousness to another without a single pause in between. I was in the afterlife. Wow it is the hardest thing in the universe to explain really... I guess the only way to describe it in terms that are understanble is...I guess it's like flying down a tunnel, and feeling the cool breeze that hits your body. I could just feel the entirety of existence as a part of me, and the feeling was just this immense contentment. Wow this really was a weird experience, it's very hard to put into words.

"My drum skills > Your drum skills"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
maybe your pillow killed you in your sleep and you had near/post death experience and just came back, or maybe you had gas.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
u know, i would've thought it was just another stuipid dream, except when u mentioned that you felt that the entirety of existence was part of you. Staying in that state is called enlightnment. It is the final goal of meditation, which the buddha acheived.i.e, becoming 'one' with the universe, realizing that you and the universe are the same, that the individual 'I', does not exist.
I also have had two or three dreams in which I m already dead, but I didn't have that feeling which you did, perhaps because I was already dead when the dream started.
This is really a unique experiance.
btw, did you die with all the blood and all, and what do you mean by 'after life', u still had a body after death?

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 35yrs • M •
No, no blood. I just slipped from consciouness to the afterlife instantly. And no, I didn't still have a body.

50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It sounds like you had an out of body experience, quite frequently thought of as a dream, because they often occur (the unintentional ones) during sleep. It's when your consciousness leaves your physical body and you can "travel".

Even if it started as a dream it could have lead to an out of body.

"Love everyone, question everything and look up!"
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
One way to decipher between out of bodies and dreams is by the surroundings. If the surroundings are exactly as they are in a waking state then you're probably having an out of body. If the surroundings are altered (as they often are in dreams), it's probably a dream.

Unless of course you are of the mind that we live in a multi-dimensional universe, then we could potentially be travelling to other dimensions where the surroundings wouldn't be familiar... so anything's possible.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
out of bodies seem to have a very different feeling than dreams for me. dreams are almost "numbing" while out of bodies provide more of a hightened sense of awareness.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 50yrs • F •
I agree Wyote if you're aware of them. But I think that people can experience out of bodies and "misinterpret" them as dreams because they don't know what an out of body is.

I have also experienced heightened awareness within a dream, where I am aware what is happening and that I am in control of it and therefore can manipulate it. Some all that "luckd dreaming".

42yrs • F •
Underwag... what an awesome experience!! Do you feel more enlightnened about yourself and your surroundings?

I wonder, is it possible to induce an 'outer body' experience?

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
excersize and eat your veggitables

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M •
Yeah, I do. My whole perception on reality has changed because of some of the things I came to realize after it.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Apeiron is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hehe ... iah very interesting dream... it happened too me too once.. i was in a large fied and i suddently die, i was very nice.. i could see my body laying in the field and my soul , i presume, was flying.

I was feeling a relaxing breeze... i was so happy ... and yah i was so anxious to see what is there, beiond the life.. and all i sow was all i wanted 2 see, like the universe and ... the dream ended ... It is nice 2 feel death... but i think all of that dream was based on my experinces, i mean on my beliefs ... on my culture ... and not that i had lived something unique ... the tunel u had describe is just to similar to millions of other experiences... probably is has a meaning... probably its true ... but all those that are dead seem to like a lot the place where they are... dont u think... 8) ..

"All has an origin in all, and nothing has a origin in nothing"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah, for some, death can be a terrifying, painful experiance, while for some, it can be enlightning. I personelly don't fear death, infact,I look foward to it. But not right now. After I feel that my spiritual life has become complete, then I'l look foward to death.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 37yrs • M •
hahah angel! ... your not ready... then who is?... did u ever ask your self.. if u will ever be ready? i ask my self everyday
.. but u wount be able, i mean ur spirit will never be able, or ready ... because with the changing of time, and the evolution the spirit as u say, will have eaven more to understend and maturate and eaven learn... u say something ... mmm.. yah whne i'll feel ready (when my spirit/soul will be compleatly mature i will get a gun and freaking soot me in the head) but u wount do that, you know why? ... because if u do that u have demostarated that ur soul is not mature... because u dont have to think only of u but at the others... the hurt the you will cause them... but again u wount do it... IF you soul is matured... then again perfection does not exist... and you might do it because you cant be absolute matured... and yes you are afraid of death... belive me... everyone is... you know why?.... beacuse ... no1 know what is beiond there... you say you dont fear it beacause ur well now... but what will happen if u will have to die and not feel ready? .... will fear overwhlem u, or the satisfaction that you will soon find out what's out there, will make u forget the last moments ur living? and maybe there is and maybe not, but you wount be able to turn back.. life is a onlytime experience ... that is why life is considered to be heaven...

37yrs • M •
by the way... please excuse my freaking enghlish.. i know it suxx.. i'll try beeing more explicit next time... 8p...

1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy