Let the people who never find true love keep saying there's no such thing - manin
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Defining God - Page 2

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Do you think that would be a good way of proving God? To show that it is ordered, has a purpose and intelligent design?

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that secret07 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i suppose that would be a good way of proving a general god, yes.

"life sucks but its better than the alternative"
 37yrs • M •
And showing the universe is random would show that there is no God?

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that secret07 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yes

"life sucks but its better than the alternative"
 37yrs • M •
I'm gonna prepare my case, ahem.

56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
YOU cannot make a case without all inputs...
IN other words, a one sided case has nothing concrete.

Its true!

Show me also how the guy is alive today without repurcussions to being dead for hours from a drug overdose...
IF you can show how someone gets up and walks away from being in a morgue with a toe tag, you might seem credible.

BUT because you cannot show it, you only have a one sided case, which makes it inaccurate, and close minded.

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 37yrs • M •
"YOU cannot make a case without all inputs... "
Well then maybe I'll try to get as many as reasonable.

"Show me also how the guy is alive today without repurcussions to being dead for hours from a drug overdose... "
OK, you're just saying random things now, how does this relate to the idea that IF the universe has intelligent design, then there is a God.

"IF you can show how someone gets up and walks away from being in a morgue with a toe tag, you might seem credible. "
Bullshit is supposed to come out of the other end.

"BUT because you cannot show it, you only have a one sided case, which makes it inaccurate, and close minded."
Well I'm gonna take all sides into account, other open-minded people will find me convincing if I am open-minded.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ya pat, like the basis of religion in general, good show, thanks for helping debunk that pesky myth for me.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
First of all, God is not a 'being'. We get a wrong notion of Him/Her/it by thinking of Him as a seperate entity. He can't even think, i.e He is above thinking. Thinking, judjement etc are His creations.
Everything has God's essense in it. The rock in front of you, as well as you yourself. That essense, you may call the 'soul', or the 'being'.
And PLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAZE, every body take a balanced approach and consider each other's point of view. If you start fighting, that'l just show how ignorant you are. Reliogion is supposed to teach you to be loving, not to eat the other guyz head off if he or she doesn't agree with you!

Remember, the topic is DEFINING God, not explaining why You beleive or don't beleive in Him.

Oh, and a common misconception. God doesn't cause the sufferenings in the world, which is the main reason many people don't choose to beleive in Him. He can't(or wont, or shoudn't) bend the laws of the universe. Things happen at random. If some disaster happens to you, and not to some else, it is not because He is testing you or is angry with you or sumtin, it happens as a result of nature.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 46yrs • M
Your assumptions are making an ass of u

These are things that you think, not that you know, you are stepping over some peoples faith bounderies, some desire a vengeful god, and the thought of a creator is to accredit the creations AND workings of those creations, you limit the aspect of any creators power in your OPINIONS, but you subscribe to notions that may be equally as false

No one is fighting, some are just making statements as truths and entertainingly contradicting themselves.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 37yrs • M •
Again : God made the laws of the universe. He should have made laws which dont lead to our deaths in a variety of brutal and unjust ways. Disease, famine, hurricanes and tornadoes, volcanoes and earthquakes, God made the rules which made these things kill us.

Indeed God need not be a being, I assert that he is a creator. As such, he is that thing which "decided" what the universe is for and how the universe is. For christians, God made the universe a test to see if we are worthy to go to heaven, for example.

46yrs • M
Right, if you are going to call god a god by general religious terms you need to give him credit for what goes on, especially "natural" or nature related deaths.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If God started intervening with people lives, trying to save them, then free will would finish. We have been given common sense, it s a different matter if we don't use it. 50 years ago people used to dye of stuff like malairya, but then doctors found a cure to stop that suffering. If a terrorist kills someone, he is utilizing his free will in the wrong way.
An earthquake doesn't just happen for the sake of it, it must necceassry for the survival of the planet or something.

Why did God create such laws? Well, when I'll find out the answer to why God created the universe, then I'll tell. The only way to answer these identical questions, is to ask God!
God could have probably chosen to make the Universe in any way He liked, but for some reason he chose not to make it an artibary universe. He made laws that would allow it to run of it's own accord. Don't ask me why!

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 37yrs • M •
"We have been given common sense, it s a different matter if we don't use it. 50 years ago people used to dye of stuff like malairya, but then doctors found a cure to stop that suffering."
I too have found that we must help ourselves as in this harsh world all-good God has supposedly given us.

"An earthquake doesn't just happen for the sake of it, it must necceassry for the survival of the planet or something. "
Are you saying God is too stupid to know how to make a planet that doesn't kill us needlessly?

"God could have probably chosen to make the Universe in any way He liked, but for some reason he chose not to make it an artibary universe. He made laws that would allow it to run of it's own accord. Don't ask me why!"
It sounds like the same sort of universe in which there is no God at all.

46yrs • M
Your making very grand assumptions there buddy, to say that the universe is autonomous is a hefty assumption, and takes any faults from god, other than he made it an autonomous killing machine, which doesn't sound much better to me

And a point I have to enjoyably dice to pieces is you mention of free will and god saving interaction, that is the basis of believing the bible as well as its message, that god does everything for a purpose including kill us, like soddam and ghemora, spelling, and its full of god interventions that just stopped. Very fishy and completely contrary to any statement you have made, are you coming from a religious belief standpoint or what? Just curious, cause some people here often use religious explanations in their debates and then claim no affiliation with them, so just so I can understand your possistion do I ask.

Defining God - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy