Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

'reality'

User Thread
 39yrs • F •
epicurus_ways is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
'reality'
Everyone is brain washed. This whole world is brain washed. Everything and every thought are fed to us. To you. What is right isn't right and what is wrong isn't wrong. What is supposed to be isn't and what happens doesn't really happen. What is of the norm isn't. Yes conformity. I know it has been talked about written about. It's the obvious topic to argue over. But what we know is only a fraction of what is out there to know. We have not yet experienced complexity of the thinking mind. Crazy? No. Fuck them. Fuck medication. Medication is made to control what the mind is trying so hard to learn... to understand. It starts 'acting' out of the norm and its dubbed not 'right' not 'sane'. If the chemicals in the mind are to always work the way it normally works or how they say it's supposed to work, then how does it grow? In order to grow doesn't change occur? Expansion. But in today's world this change is too much to handle. Too complex maybe, but in reality it isn't. It's not wrong or right. It just is. The chemicals are working out of the 'norm' because the eyes are opening to this new knowledge. The mind breaks it down to be understandable to the eye. The medication kills this working power of the brain. It does away with the new knowledge to never be understood. Evolution. Ten percent of the working mind is pathetic and in a long time from now it will gradually grow. This growing can occur more rapidly... once we begin to listen.
im new to this forum business.. and i probably sound stupid..maybe VERY stupid. but i would love any kind of replys. i am a very open minded individual. knowledge hungry.

"a person who is least in need of tomorrow will meet the morning most pleasantly"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fairy Boy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I wholeheartedly agree with you everything we know has been fed to us we question things like "why does the catholic church withhold information and ancient documentation" but really how do we know its even there have you seen it I know I have not but the media pumps all this crap into our brains we think ha only sheep would believe such things meanwhile it's a double sided blade so whether you believe or debate. The fact remains what can you actually question we all are tainted from birth

""Veritatem quaere et insaniam inveni""
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Albert Einstein quote:

"Reality is merely an illusion - albeit a very persistent one."

"Love everyone, question everything and look up!"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think the statement i think therefore i am is wrong. Because we think, we get confused over who or what we are. It gives us a false identity.
Reality or something close to it cannot be described in words. It was something which perhaps the buddha managed to grasp. In reality, 'you' do not exist, everything that you know of, does not exist. You are not a 'person', who did something five years ago, and is good looking and patient and responsible etc. All that is the result of mistaking ourselves for the mind. It is our life situation, not our life. In reality, everything is the same, there is no difference between the tree in front of you and you. Realizing this is called enlightnment.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 35yrs • M •

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
what i can't help coming back to in the questions of reality is how is reality even possible?

Be it in the bibilical origin or scientific, the existance of anything doesn't make sense.

Where did everything come from, including and especially God, or the creator or creating force?

A philosophy makes the claim that no energy can be created or distroyed, but only transferred. Following similar rules as the equal and opposite reaction idea.

The Bible says that God has simply always existed, I guess coming from nothing and no one. (I just realized that makes God a bastard, hmm, not tryin to say anything (or to be blasphemous if you will) it just occured to me)

Anyway, Big Bang, where the hell did everything come from? I mean, that's an impressive fart by anyones standards, but who can we give credit to?

So how can we get something from nothing?

And if there was never nothing, and always something or everything, where did everything come from? Then still, how and why is everything here?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i know i feel or see or think etc wether its(the percieved) really there or not, weather i really have a brain or not (i never cheked) and " i think therefore i am" i s the most ignorant statement if the guy who said that siad that because hes not sure what he can prove.. think about it i wont tell you.. to the guy above me.. i think exactly like you.. if everything wasalways here why does there need to be a god? or label everything god? mabe ther is a god.. imagine there wasnt though.. all these people church, bible gossip praying etc.. and its not even tru that would be funny... who created god then? mabe theres something we dont know.. im surprised even think the way "we" do

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that secret07 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i dont think we know enough to really be sure of anything. i guess one could say that God is infinitity. so everything he made was made from something. infinity. im not sure here, i know im grasping at straws, but its an idea.

"life sucks but its better than the alternative"
 46yrs • M
Well, if he is infinity, which is a whopper of a concept, then there can be no nothing, for he is everywhere and everything, this would mean we would really have to be a part of god, because you cannot be outside of God for God is infinite and there is no outside of God. So most likely we are the equivalent of the bacterial work horses of God's colon, so live it up people.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 36yrs • F •
God is everywhere and everything, and we are inside of him but we arnt part of him. think of it as God being water, and we are submerged in water. He is all around us but not inside of us unless we let him be.

46yrs • M
To say we are not part of an infinite entity is to say that something can exist other than an infinite entity, the thing about infinity is that it doesn't leave room for anything else. All things are infinite and directly connected, because all the things we know of are made of the same stuff, just looks different, to say that god created us from something other than himself is to say that there is something somewhere outside of an infinite god that exists, beyond his creation or power, and that just debunks everything that is god.

The notion of accepting god is purely religious in nature, and is not really a debatable point, at least on your side, you seem to be the religious type so you defend these notions, but what do you know of about where this information you claim belief in.

and to say that you believe in it because you have faith undermines the fact that you didn't have faith in it before you were taught it, to have faith in the notion of god is one thing,(as a creating force)to faithfully express belief in the words that come from the mouth of man, including the bible, isn't possible untill you even learned or heard them, and is is quite dangerous given the falibility of man.

36yrs • F •
you are very right to say that i can not proove my belief. there are things outside of logic. the reason i debate is so that perhaps those who are making their assumptions on the wrong information can be corrected.

there are two ways God shows himself to people. they are general and specific revelation, or something to that effect. God showed himself to me in something other than logic. you have probably heard it a million times from "religious" types such as me but i'll say it again anyways. i know because i have been shown, not through written words or what i have been told, that God exists. its pointless for me to argue that out with you because, ur right, i have no proof. but the thing is, i think that even if i tried to stop believing, i couldnt.

the bible was not written by man. it was written by God. as to the truth of that, ur right, i have to have faith.

46yrs • M
My point was god doesn't really have anything to do with religion. To believe in god is one thing, to believe in the teachings of man and the bible are another.

C'mon, the bible was physically written by man, (feel free to attempt to argue that), Even if god told people what to write or even possessed them to do so. And It has been rewritten many times, there are even multiple versions, as well as branches and different religions all together based on this bible and others, most of them argue, yet they are all the word of god.

More and more from what I hear Jesus didn't really want anything to do with organized religions, he was battling one, that was the laws of moses and jewish religion of the day, the bible completely changes its message if you hadn't noticed, once adopting the words or teachings of jesus.

Do you believe that god wrote the bible because god told you this, because man told you this, because it makes sense, or just because you have faith (which doesn't even make sense in the context). Then, do you believe you have faith in your beliefs because god told you to, man told you to, because it makes sense, or because you have faith in your faith.

In such arguments you really only fight with others words and ideas, that they gave you, that they helped you believe. If you had never seen a bible or church, what then would you believe my friend.

God is a lazy trouble maker, He could clear all of this up in a split second, he is all powerful. He could have made a bible, like he appearantly did with the 10 commandments, manifesting or physically writing them himself, god did not write the bible, the bible isn't even the bible anymore, there have been manipulations from both governmental and religious rulers in the past, let alone the argumentative interpretations that never seem to be the same from everyone who claims any knowledge from it.

[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 35yrs • M •

'reality'
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy