Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

'reality' - Page 2

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that secret07 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
although the Bible has been translated many times into many different languages nothing has really been changed. this conclusion has been reached by scholars who know the original language, or something very close to it.

Jesus was trying to prove to the Jews that he was the mesiah they had been looking for. he was not trying to change the Bible, he was fulfilling the prophecies. since man's fall into sin, God has been promising a mesiah would come and save them. that is what Jesus did.

as to my beliefs being based on what others have told me, where did they get the beliefs? if every single human being only believes what they are told, who told the first one?

"life sucks but its better than the alternative"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Knowing the original language, firstly still leaves room for misinterpretation, doesn't mean they have all the original materials. And this claim of scholars proving anything about the validity and lack of change is incorrect. The fact that there are different versions confirms the alterations for one, and its scholars that I get some of my info from to, and they talk about the changes implemented by ruling factions throughtout the years by those who had enough power or clout to do so.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 36yrs • F •
ok, but where did the first ideas come from? what makes you think for yourself?

46yrs • M
who says we do? thats the whole point behind impulses, instincts, obsessions, desires, needs, self preservation.

These types of things appear to actually dictate our very thought patterns and what we do and say.

The argument is all too commonly made that people have free will and can easily decide either to do something or not, yet they say they are imperfect and don't even have the option of not sinning, meaning we can't control all our sins, meaning we don't have complete free will. Thinking everything has to be one way or the other is so what people need to get over, they say one way is good because it fits with productive society, and vice versa. And with a completely faulted notion of free will then go on to dub people as bad when they "sin".

The truth seems to be that everybody is just both right and wrong, there are 2 sides to every story, there is truth and lies in all we say.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 36yrs • F •
your right, people do not have complete free will. but as to people being responsiple when they sin. if your looking at twenty bucks you'd really like to have sitting there on the table, your thinking about all the moralalities, consquences and gains involved with your taking that twenty dollars. you choose whether you do it or not, because at some point the impulses balance out, and you have to choose.

46yrs • M
son of a bitch, that the second time i've done that, I erased a post by clicking on something whilest I thought, razza frazzin, crap and stuff

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tsp gatmog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i really don't like this message board.

really. i think im gonna leave and never come back. ever. so if you feel the same way i do, head on to www.tspuboard.tk

sometimes we're happy, sometimes we're sad. sometimes we've got multi colored text.

46yrs • M
have fun I'm quite happy thanks.

39yrs • F •
epicurus_ways is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
wow, well i was the one who first posted a msg on this particular board. I haven't checked it 'til today and I'm pretty amazed with the kind of responses I received. Though it did get a little 'religious' on me, it definitely brought upon new questions to boggle my mind with. Just remember when replying to a msg to let go of your attachment of being right, and suddenly your mind is more open. You're able to benefit from the unique viewpoints of others without being crippled by your own judgment.

and 'reality' is the only word that should ALWAYS be used in qoutes.

"a person who is least in need of tomorrow will meet the morning most pleasantly"
 46yrs • M
Hope the religious aspects haven't bothered you, its just the only information of debate, its the religious people that think they have an answer.

Your earlier point of conformity is a social issue, and can be debated as well as you said, but when defining reality itself, know one knows, but some still think they do anyway.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tangentboy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think one thing that separates us from animals is our lack of simple thoughts. There will always be confusions in life, no matter how hard we try and combat them.

I've accepted life for what it is, i'm thankful I was born, but I accept that one day I am going to die.

Religion is purely a reason to comfort everyone, as no-one likes the idea of infinity, of nothing happening.

The question is, would you rather prefer an eternity of living in an afterlife, never being able to rest again, never being able to wake up, or never stop living until we've figured out what the all important meaning of life is?

Its either one or the other, or both.

Its all very subjective, remember.

Keep things simple, and keep things in perspective.

"Ég gaf ykkur von varð að vonbrigðum.... Petta er ágætis byrjun"
 46yrs • M
Our lack of simple thoughts, what does that mean, I think with the answer to a question all thoughts are simple. And how simple a thought is is quite relative don't you think, a subjective notion at best?

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that timemachine is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
something from nothing is simple ( child's play )

0 + 0 = 1 (answer)

'reality' - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy