Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What is your current occupation versus....

User Thread
 62yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Lady Tazmanian is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
....what would you like to be doing?

I'm an accountant. All day long I look at numbers. Profit and loss are embedded in my dreams. I'll spend hours upon hours looking for $.05.

What I would like to be is a probation officer for juveniles.

58yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that cowgirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am doing exactly what i have always wanted to do. i raise kids and horses. I have a place that allows me to be free with my time and energy so I set my own hours and can pretty much do what i want. I love what i do and would not change any of it.

Before i was able to do this though I was doing medical work and hated it. I can not stand to see people, especially children, in pain ir dying. I was an RN in and ICU unit and glad that i am no longer there.

"Life is like a box of chocolate you never know what you will get!"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
wow ICU huh? i respect anyone whose worked in that place. ive been in there on the other end of things numorous times, and with all the insanity that goes on the doctors and nurses still somehow manage to keep a positive attitude most of the time (or at least fake it really well).

i think the official title they gave me at my job is "telecomunication service representitive (TSR)" which is a big fancey word for telemarketer.

awakening, i too have always dreamt of owning a small coffee shop, perhaps with our powers combined...

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
[  Edited by Wyote at   ]
 62yrs • F •
quote:
My ex-husband worked as a juvenile probation officer. Think long and hard about it!

I've read so much on the career, and there are many drawbacks. One being, time away from my family.

II too thought about opening a coffee shop. One that would house a network of computers.

62yrs • F •
quote:
Lady Tazmanian, one of the major complaints among these social workers is that the caseload and the paperwork make it impossible to spend any amount of "quality" time (I hate that expression, but how else can I explain it?) with the juvenile offenders. This makes it difficult to have any meaningful impact on their lives.

Really? That's so sad. You've tapped into the main reason why I have always wanted to become a probation officer; to give a child a meaning not to screw up again.

IThanks for the heads up. I very much appreciated it.

Okay, you got a deal. You, Wyote and I need to make a plan.

You're in Florida? I feel for you. How are you coping wiith the hurricanes/storms?

[  Edited by Lady Tazmanian at   ]
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Domz0r is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am a mear student....

It sucks....

"I am Domz0r....roar!!!!"
 62yrs • F •
quote:
I am a mear student....

It sucks....

School is tough. I've got two teenagers and I can relate. The style of teaching is so much different then when I was in school. I honestly think kids have it tougher than back in my day.

Well, what do you want to be when you get out of school.?

Bmxbiker, Navy Seal huh? That's tough. I hope you get there. My old boss's son wanted to be a Navy Seal. He couldn't because he had a bum knee.

[  Edited by Lady Tazmanian at   ]
 38yrs • M •
noremorse is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I too, am a student.
i also am a cook at a bar and grill and i watch over two mentaly disabled teenage boys <== (arnt we all??) i get about 3 hours a day to myself in which i get on the computer and look at these forums my dream job is to own a car udio shop and to race trucks but that would be along time away

"~phuck it~!!!"
 62yrs • F •
quote:
and i watch over two mentaly disabled teenage boys <== (arnt we all??)

I'd like to shake your hand for doing a job that requires a lot of patience. I'm very impressed.

38yrs • M •
noremorse is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
really it is somthing i like to do. right now i am just watching them for my mother who has them as foster kids but in november i am going to start at a groups home watching 6 mentally disabled men i just like it cuz i finally fit in with someone

"~phuck it~!!!"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm bringing back old threads and I'm on a roll.

I too am a student. Does it suck, like some people say? No no no no no no no. I love it. First, I live off my dad's paycheck. Second, I love learning, so school is great for me. Third, my best memories are those from school acitivities or classmates. Fourth, I think it's much better than working. Fifth, there are clubs and extracurricular acitivites which make you feel like you have a job. But you choose your club and leave it whenever you want.

Of course, the school environment also restricts thought at times, encourages stereotyping, and uh, essays....but that's a whole other issue. Point is, being a student dependent on parents is much better than working. Well, it is for me anyway.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 36yrs • F •
Gosh, Awakening, you make me sound like a student sent from above . Yeah, my English teachers did their job of repeating the same grammar over and over (while I read ahead in order to learn something new). I give a lot of credit to my father. I'm his scribe. I type every word he says when he's too busy to type himself. You know how great it feels to find a mistake in a grad student's paper as a high school student? Pure joy I tell ya.

So what's your occupation? And, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 36yrs • F •
I had no intention of making fun on English teachers. I'm just bearin a grudge against my last English teacher who refused to let me study ahead. I wasted a whole year separating the adjective phrase from the sentence.

I love learning how to write better. Of course, I hate the actual classes (no offense, Awakening), but I like learning the rules of writing.

You adore teenagers????? You are the third person I've ever knew to adore teenagers. Why? And why did you become a teacher?

38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm currently not working because I finally had enough and quit my former job, since I was pretty much his assistant manager for his small business and he paid me less than what I should have been getting.

Well.
The University Board I'm on still pays me.
If anyone's interested in flying out to Colorado to see Rudolph Giuliani on April 3rd, 2005, they must be nuts.

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that starforsaken is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If i could choose... I'd be a student for life. There are just too many things i am curious about.

I never cared in high school, and went to postsecondary for IT with a mjor in networking and operating systems. I graduate with my diploma at age 19, and am in now way ready to take on the real world in my opinion...although anyone that knows me finds me mature beyond my years.

Philosophy, History, Astrophysics - I could spend my whole life learning these topics. Unfortunatly, my funds are dried up and those dreams are going to have to be put on hold. It makes me wish i had went in for smething else. Although I have a complete understanding of computers and lots of technology, my mind has evolved into a way that makes what i have learned unsatisfying. I spend nights just sitting and contemplating life for hours on end.... where could I apply this to real life education ?

"www.starforsaken.com"
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy