Remember, remember, the fifth of November, the gunpowder treason and plot. I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot - Hugo Weaving as "V"
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Men are sooo superior

User Thread
 40yrs • F •
janesays is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Men are sooo superior
Why can't guys just accept the fact that women kick ass. Okay I don't know if any other girls out there have this problem or if my b/f's just a major dick. We always fight about who works harder. One of his pet peeves is lazy people. I am not lazy I work 30hrs a week and am taking 18 credits at college. But today he is leaving to go up north and next weekend he's going on a cruise. So I said "wow it must be nice," and he replies, "yeah this is my vacation, Unlike you I work hard all year," I was like. "Come again?" and he says. "Yeah you sit in school like that's so hard." Now this gets to me because I am fucking up every morning at 5:30 to work the morning shift and he bitches because I'm too loud. Then after work I go to school in which I am taking 6 classes. Then after school I go back to work again and then after work I do my homework and go to bed so I can get up at 5am again. I think he's a little insecure because get this: He's a "Tree Expert," is what his card says. Pretty much he subcontracts for a tree care service for a living. And in school I am learning about trees and I now know more about them then he does. So anyways he ended the conversation by telling me to shut the fuck up because I asked him if he was calling me lazy. So I called him back and I said "When you fucking live my life then call me lazy until then you shut the fuck up." And I won't see him all weekend. Now thats ending on a good note.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Some guys are wankers some girls are bitches.

Though I do hate these pointless generalizations based on one jerk-off bf...

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 58yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that cowgirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
AMEN DECIUS

"Life is like a box of chocolate you never know what you will get!"
 40yrs • F •
janesays is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Sorry guys I wasn't trying to make a generalization I did just need to get that off my chest. Thanks for responses

50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If we were truly secure and confident in who we are and what we're doing, no one else's comments or actions would affect us. But who is? No one I've ever met. When we 'attack' others in whatever form it ALWAYS (I believe ayways) stems from an insecurity of our own. I believe we create our own reality and everyone in our lives is there to play a part we need played in order to learn something. The fact is that we can't change anyone else so we have to look at ourselves in every situation. What can we do to change it. It's a powerful realization when we realize that we are in control. Humans are brilliant at pointing the finger at everyone around us and putting our attention on where they're 'flawed'. It takes the responsibility out of our hands.

Sorry if I'm getting too personal Jane but I just want to 'plant the seed'. What was your home life like? Was your dad 'superior'? It's often our programming that makes us choose our parters. You can create any reality you want with this guy (or any other guy for that matter). But it starts with you.

When I'm frustrated with my parter for some of the same reasons you may be. "He doesn't appreciate my contributions. He doesn't respect what I do. He isn't understanding of my point of view" I ask myself, "Do I appreciate his contribution? Do I respect what he does? Do I do what I can to understand his point of view?" People are our mirrors and what I give him he gives right back.

Just a few thoughts.....

"Love everyone, question everything and look up!"
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Women (generally) are the ones in a man/woman relationship who have the ability to see more than one thing at a time and see more layers and aspects of what is going on. Men (generally) operate on one track so if they're focussed on work, the relationship isn't in their awareness. If they're reading a book, they're not thinking about the fact that dishes need to get done or that "Little Timmy" has a doctor's appointmet tomorrow.

So because of that I'm convinced that it's up women to take the necessary steps to bring the relationship to the forefront in conversation and come up with suggestions or possible ways to improve things. It's not to say one sex is better than the other. We are just very different and have very different roles and responsibilities in life and in relationship, and differet ways of communicating and processing information.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that UnderDawg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Actually, it's proven that women act more on emotions than common sense and logic. Which means women are the WORSE decision makers, and DON'T look at the whole picture, just the here and now. Seriously, just giving opinions and making them look like facts doesn't mean you are right.

"My drum skills > Your drum skills"
 50yrs • F •
"just giving opinions and making them look like fact doesn't mean you are right."

The statement holds true to every single human being on the planet. That's why they call them opinions...

"it's proven..." As far as opinions are concerned there are studies that support pretty much every opinion that could exist.

Saying that women are the worst decision makers implies that men are better decision makers. I think we are equally capable of making logical deisions, we just happen to have very different styles for doing so. Both are equally valid.

50yrs • F •
Dawg, I'm not sure if you were offended by part of my post but I wanted to clarify what I said about women having the ability to see more aspects and layers and men being more one track in their actions.

Disclaimer: This is a generalization and, of course, there are always exceptions.

I'm going to use the example of a family where there is a husband (sole bread winner), wife (stays at home) and children. (This doesn't touch at all on the emotional requirements of everyone, just what the 'duties' would be in this style of family). The woman is the one who cooks the meals, makes the lunches, books the doctor's appointments, gets the kids to the doctor's, soccer games and dance rehearsals on time; does the laundry, cleans the house, buys the groceries, does the shopping for birthdays, Christmas, etc. and pays the bills. This requires multiple layers being active in a woman's thinking throughout the day. The man goes to work, spends time with his kids when he gets home, does yard work on the weekends, and goes back to work on Monday.

Both experiences are equally important in maintaining a successful family unit.

I think women have more of a natural capacity to think about ten different things at once. Otherwise you'd see more 'house husbands'. Not that men aren't capable of that and definitely have think in multi layers to some degree but I think it's more of a learned thing for men. (Disclaimer Reminder) If a man is building a cabinet and his wife asks him a question, he first has to detach from what he is doing in order to give her his attention.

This is one of the reasons, I believe, that relationships so complicated right now, because they're being redefined, our roles, our "duties"... we're either stepping on each other's toes or fighting over who "should have to" do something. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, if we can keep it in perspective. I think evolution is generally positive and I'm sure the bugs will get worked out.

(By the way, I'd be curious to know more details about the study that "proved women act more on emotions than common sense and logic". Demographic information on the women who were studied, as well as who or what organization conducted the study.)

Men are sooo superior
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy