The filthy riches of the filthy rich are not unrelated to the filthy poverty of others. - China Mieville
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What is the soul? - Page 8

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
But what about how YOU feel about those options, would you truly be happy when you begin starving? Sure if you can make those feelings become pleasant I guess, otherwise you won't have the luxury of sitting there thinking you are happy.

I've found that simply being productive and useful (especially helpful) to be one of the greatest sources joy in this life and society, but I also find that it doesn't last either, because then you see the faults of other too, and you see how people want to abuse your offerings and belittle your achievements, even hold you responsible for something goin wrong, possibly ending you up in jail.

I don't know that there is a special balance that can come ot this but I do know that I haven't found it.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If I became enlightned, it wouldn't mean that I would stop Eating etc.

Yes, what u r reffering to happened to Buddha himself. His purpose of life was love, but still people tryed to smear him with wrong accusations and even tried to kill him.
But that is a part of life, as not everyone can be in touch with their inner essence.
At first, Buddha had wanted to be by himeslf, cut of from everyone, but then realized that he must spread his love.
Just because some people try to harm you while your spreading love, doesn't mean that you should get discouraged. You should love even ur worst enemy.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 46yrs • M
There is nobility in the thought, but its not a healthy practice sometimes

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Welcome to the land of the living leftwood. I think it is a very healthy practice... the healthiest. You get what you give.

"Love everyone, question everything and look up!"
 46yrs • M
So when you profess love and recieve hate, how do you still get what you give?

35yrs • M •
Inevitbly people will come in ur life who will produce problems.Love them, and feel sorry for them, for they don't what they do. Loving all of creation doesn't mean u don't take action. Jesus loved everything from ordinary rocks to his enemies, but that didn't mean that if somebody hit him, he would do nothing.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Isnt that exactly what Jesus did? Do nothing?

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"So when you profess love and recieve hate, how do you still get what you give?"

If you profess pure love you don't receive hate. That doesn't mean that no one expresses it to you, it means you don't "receive" it, you don't take it in, it doesn't affect you.

35yrs • M •
Yes, very well put.

37yrs • M •
Have you guys heard of the League of Nations?

50yrs • F •
I've heard the term but don't know anything more... what is it?

37yrs • M •
It was the forerunner of the UN. Except it didnt have US money and guns behind it. It was an anglo-french thing. To make things short, it was this organisation which basically surrendered to imperialism, and simply let fascists like Hitler do what they want. Its naivety was a prime cause of WW2.

Simply, you have to fight sometimes, you cant say "oh I dont care" and pretend you arent hurt. They can hurt you, they can rob you and if you dont fight back they might kill you.

50yrs • F •
Your thoughts that we're saying "I don't care" is an assumption, and an incorrect one at that. I, for one, do care – a lot.

"Pretending we're not hurt", another assumption. When I am in the clear state I described I don't get hurt. Period. If I'm not clear then yeah I get hurt.

I have spent most of my life unguarded, unsuspecting and strong in the idea that I am getting what I give and, quite honestly, everything's been pretty smooth sailing. Any of the minor mishaps that have happened along the way have been because I was guarded, suspecting, suspicious – not trusting; and/or giving "crap" to someone somewhere.

37yrs • M •
The point is, if someone starts beating you up, you'd use your ghandi powers and do nothing.

If you didnt live in a free country you'd be dead ten times over. I mean, Tibet is the epitomy of what you describe, gess what? They're now under authoritarian China.

50yrs • F •
The point is, as long as I have been in this state, no one has ever beat me up, and never will.

Tibet is NOT the epitomy of what I describe, Tibet is "anti China authority", which is why they are under authoritarian China. Tibet is the epitomy of what you describe... fighting against something.

What is the soul? - Page 8
  4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy