Music is the key to all emotions. For example: a sad song automatically makes you sad. If you seek happiness, play a song you enjoy most. - last_song
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What is the soul? - Page 11

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Mayhaps but this is so infuriatingly wrong. How can you make a decision before you even exist?!

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah, it's a pretty vague assumption... in short - stuipid. I mean, it's not a fact or sumtin, it's just one of those billions of those ridiculous theories.

Anyway, The thing is, living a life of love doesn't mean that u shoudln't take action. Take action, if someone beats u consistantly and doesn't hear ur pleas, beat him up, but don't let that effect the true 'you', let go of that negativity inside you, but don't let it affect you. Beat him up and move on. Don't develop a hatred for him, still love him.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 37yrs • M •
Let it not dictate our actions.

50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It's a theory just like any other, including the theory that nothing exists beyond the physical realm, which some would feel as eqally ridiculous.

Valid perspectives are always based on experience. The theory nothing exists beyond the physical realm is based on, in my view, lack of experience and a closed mind. That's probably the easiest and least challenging theory out there because you don't have to explore beyond the limited reality that is easiest for us all to see.

"Love everyone, question everything and look up!"
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"How can you make a deision before you exist?"

Obviously you can't. But DT you're assuming that you don't "exist" until you are conceived. I'm saying you do exist just not in physical form.

37yrs • M •
I am saying decision is made in the brain, and if there is no brain there is no decision.

I am saying that you cannot blame people for being who they are. Stop avoiding the question, that's exactly what you're saying.

Finally you have not defined not physical, I suspect as usual that its just hippy mumbo jumbo.

50yrs • F •
The idea of "blame" is, in my view, irrelevant. The idea of "blame", "fault", etc. is part of our (humanity's) limited view of reality. In the big picture there is no "blame"... everything can be classified as part of life.

I am not avoiding anything... I have answered this question many times already. Every experience has to be there in order for humanity as a whole to see what we are capable of, what we are doing, the choices we are making. Every experience is equally valid and equally important in the big picture. Therefore there is nothing to blame. People choose who they are and what part of the human experience they are going to represent.

50yrs • F •
There is reality beyond the human brain, there is creation beyond the human brain. That's the whole point of meditation, to get ouf of the brain and into the mind and soul (the less physical part of who we are), connecting with the sensations that create life itself.

37yrs • M •
" In the big picture there is no "blame"... everything can be classified as part of life. "
Then call it cause. You believe in cause and effect dont you. I asked you what are jews supposed to do about a man like hitler. You said they shouldn't have been jews, the implication is obviously that its their fault, or they are the cause of their own problem.

Which is of course absolutely ludicrous.

"There is reality beyond the human brain, there is creation beyond the human brain."
I believe the exact opposite. If you shoot a brain, reality stops. If enough alcohol goes through your brain, reality is distorted. If it functions normally you perceive reality... normally.

Speculation!

" People choose who they are and what part of the human experience they are going to represent."
Conjectural rubbish and lies. You are saying people choose to starve as blacks, they choose to be born as crazy homocidal maniacs, they choose to be born retarded or misformed.

You are full of bullshit, you have no idea how we become who we are. I dont know why I was born in this body, I dont lie again and again to myself by saying things I dont know!

50yrs • F •
When did I say "They shouldn't have been Jews."? Really, I'd like to know.

Being Jewish is as equally valid and important experience as the experience of Adolf. This implies to YOU that it's their "fault", not me. Don't assume you know what I'm thinking based on your interpretation of my ideas.

If you get shot in the brain, assuming your physical form dies, reality doesn't stop, it changes drastically. If you put alcohol into your system, the only reality that is distorted is the brain's perception of the physical reality because it is your brain that is affected.

How can you possibly say that I am "lying" just because what I am saying doesn't support your view of life? Again... asumptions.

Why can't you accept that my perception is just as valid as yours, as everyone's. It doesn't mean that you have to agree with it obviously. It just means it's as equally valid.

35yrs • M •
Yeah, it can be said that it was their fate etc, and it may work out in the bigger pitcure etc, but the issue here is not what the bigger pitcure looks like, it's about everday life. I know there is much more to life, but right now DT's trying to talk in terms of humanities limited perpesctive. Sure, people being tortured and killed may be rellevant in 'reality' or the 'bigger pitcure' or whatever, but right now the issue is of the 'smaller pitcure'.
So, the as I said, Love everyone and everything, but that doesn't mean that u just sit there like an idiot
doing nothing. Take action, but don't let that negetivity become a part of your personality. Someone puches you, punch him back, and then move on.

U know, i always get these wierd moments when I think that I am not real, that everything is an illusion, have u felt something like it before thoughtmanifest?

37yrs • M •
"I am saying that if they hadn't have chosen to be a Jew in that situation"

You said that.

50yrs • F •
I did say that. But I never said they "shouldn't have chosen". There's a difference. If... the circumstances would have been different, how they could live their life would have been different. Who am I to say "should or shouldn't" that's not up to me to decide.

Angel, the reason that I am using big picture perspectives in this discussion is because they're big picture ideas that don't make sense without that perspective.

I have felt that everything is an illusion, that we are, for the most part, "stuck" in a version of reality that is just our programming telling us it is so. That things are and can be very different if we can let go of our current beliefs.

Like Einstein said "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

37yrs • M •
Whatever, I think you are first of all speculating enormously when you make this nonesense assumption that we somehow choose who we are (if that were true, I think there would be a few less dying people).

I think your "love all and do not resist" philosophy goes nowhere. The Czechs did that and they earned another 30 years soviet/russian dictatorship, the Tibetans do that and they are now still under the Chinese hell and the Jews did that and 6 million of them died for it.

Call me crazy, but I think dictatorship, foreign rule and the massacre of millions is a bad thing. Your philosophy encourages this sort of optimisitic, blind, naive and dangerous slave-mentality.

35yrs • M •
He's not saying that all these things are good. It can be said it was their fate. But yeah, what do u mean by us 'choosing' our lives. U should explain it a lil bit, cuz on the outset it sound pretty stuipid!

Look, the thing is, 'nations' can't love, administrations can't love, we'r not talking about America loving Iraq, we'r talking about us. Ofcourse, if countries start introducing 'love' in their foreighn policy, then they'l be run over as DT said.

What is the soul? - Page 11
  5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy