Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What is the soul? - Page 3

User Thread
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Have you done this before?"

I have never hunted but I have found someone I needed to find in a crowd, found my car keys and other lost items, and, most recently, found a lost dog this way.

"If what you are saying were true, toddlers should never get lost because they have no logic."

Toddlers are impressionable and are at the mercy of their parents' thoughts and fears. Thought creates reality. If I am watching my 2-year-old walk past a stair well and have images of him falling down the stairs, I have increased the likelihood of that happening. If, on the other hand, I only have images of him walking past safely, that will be what will manifest. The older they get the less influence our thoughts have over their lives. The reason our worst fears come true is because we give our worst fears time and attention.

"If that were true, the indians would have conquered us, not the other way around."

Do you think that "conquering someone" is the "right" intention?

"Love everyone, question everything and look up!"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"I have never hunted but I have found someone I needed to find in a crowd, found my car keys and other lost items, and, most recently, found a lost dog this way."
And isn't it possible you just *found them*. How many times have you looked for something and NOT found it? Or how many times has it taken you a long time to find it?

"If what you are saying were true, toddlers should never get lost because they have no logic."

" Thought creates reality. If I am watching my 2-year-old walk past a stair well and have images of him falling down the stairs, I have increased the likelihood of that happening."
That is speculation to say the least.

"Do you think that "conquering someone" is the "right" intention?"
And slaughtering helpless bison is "right intention" ? Its the same thing. Truth has a ruthless logic to it. Those who have bits of truth, are better killing those who do not. Its a sad historical fact.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
DT, I could go into great detail regarding the work that I have done over the past 16 years and I could explain at length why I know the difference and what happens within me when I 'just find something' and when I 'intuitively know' where something or someone is. I could give you example after example of how our fears have manifested but if I'm only going to be met with opposition and criticism why should I continue?

The first time I heard "you create your own reality" (my brother was the one who said because he had been reading Carlos Castenada) I was 14 years old (I'm now 30) and since then I have been cosidering and exploring these realms and it has opened me up to a whole new world of possibilities. It wasn't until about 5 years ago, after years of soul searching and research, that I was finally convinced that this was indeed true and since then I have been working to see how and why I create every aspect of my own life, the good, the bad, my programming and fears; and how I can begin to create the reality that I want and need in order to do what I am here to do.

I am here to share these ideas with those who are open to them, in order to help each other advance and be comfortable in these realms, so that we can, working together, have a positive influence on the world around us. I'm still developing, learning and growing, as we all are.

The way I see it if you were totally convinced that I was off my rocker you would be ignoring me by now and would have stopped challenging me no? Is there a part of you that wants to believe at least some of what I am saying?

50yrs • F •
As far as "slaughtering helpless bison is "right intention""... There's a difference between slaughtering helpless bison and appreciating, respecting and being grateful for food that we have to eat. Are you a vegetarian? Going to the grocery store and buyiing a steak is no better or worse than hunting one's own food, as long as we respect that which we eat.

"Those who have bits of truth, are better killing those who do not. Its a sad historical fact." I personally feel that we'd all be better off if no one was killing anyone but that's an entirely different discussion.

37yrs • M •
"DT, I could go into great detail regarding the work that I have done over the past 16 years and I could explain at length why I know the difference and what happens within me when I 'just find something' and when I 'intuitively know' where something or someone is."
You make it sound scientific

" I could give you example after example of how our fears have manifested but if I'm only going to be met with opposition and criticism why should I continue?"
If you try, I might believe you, at the very least I'll know your reasons for believing. If not I'll assume you're just another new age crackpot. You choose.

" It wasn't until about 5 years ago, after years of soul searching and research, that I was finally convinced that this was indeed true and since then I have been working to see how and why I create every aspect of my own life, the good, the bad, my programming and fears; and how I can begin to create the reality that I want and need in order to do what I am here to do."
I do not doubt that our lives are what we make of them. A positive state of mind is sure to make us happier. I do not think our minds are magical though.

" Is there a part of you that wants to believe at least some of what I am saying?"
If there is something sensible of course. You have told me that you believe a lot through "resonance" a pseudo-scientific concept and best, which basically seems to mean gut feeling. Gut feeling is fine, a lot of people work best when they just trust their instincts. But this is debate.

I will not believe a word of a anything based on faith, gut-feeling, instinct, resonance, intuition and all that. In the words of Nietzche "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything."

"Are you a vegetarian? Going to the grocery store and buyiing a steak is no better or worse than hunting one's own food, as long as we respect that which we eat."

I am not a veggie, but I don't pretend that slaughtering animals is a good thing. I don't pretend that you and I are good things either, so don't go there.

50yrs • F •
I feel that I have illustrated to you that my beliefs are based on personal experience and research and that the last 16 years of my life (if not my entire life) has been dedicated to solidifying these beliefs.

So... "If you try, I might believe you, at the very least I'll know your reasons for believing. If not I'll assume you're just another new age crackpot. You choose."

You can think whatever you want. That's the beauty of free will. It's never been and never will be up to me. The choice is yours and yours alone.

37yrs • M •
"I feel that I have illustrated to you that my beliefs are based on personal experience and research and that the last 16 years of my life (if not my entire life) has been dedicated to solidifying these beliefs."
What is this research of which you speak *squints*

"You can think whatever you want. That's the beauty of free will. It's never been and never will be up to me. The choice is yours and yours alone."
I do not determine what is true, nor do I decide what I believe, both are christian lies. I decide if I listen or not, and I will if you speak.

50yrs • F •
OK DT... here's something that might illustrate that the ideas I am conveying are there because of experiences I have had and things I have seen.

Have you ever noticed that babies, especially newborns, look at the world with a gaze? They don't focus on anything, they just seem to stare off into space.

That is because babies only have the ability to see electrically. Everything is energy and when we use electrical vision, nothing is solid, everything is seen as light. As babies learn to focus physically, they lose this ability unless they are coached to maintain it. Read on before you jump to conclusions...

When I was young (I would guess until the age of 8 or so), I can remember several times, especially if I was watching the same thing for a long time, like watching a play on a stage, I would go into what I would now call a trance state (not because I was trying, it would just happen) and everything within my view would turn to light. I remember thinking it was a very cool sensation but didn't really take it any further.

It didn't happen again for years and I had pretty much forgotten about it until one day when I was about 19, I was watching a play at the elementary school I used to attend (the same location it had most frequently happened as a child) and there it was again. This time I paid closer attention because, for one I was remembering it happening as a child, and also because I knew that it was quite significant. But I still didn't really know what I was seeing or what it meant.

That would have been about the time I really started to explore the idea that everything is energy and that there was a hell of a lot more going on than we realized.

It happened once about 3 years later but I was very quickly distracted by something else going on around me so it was gone.

Then about 5 years ago, I was invited to go see a friend of mine do a performance. He was on the brink of developing a career as a story teller. He was mostly doing it for friends so that he could receive feedback and refine his performance. As he told stories he played a djembe, the mother rhythm (a 6/8 rhythm). The lights in the hall were dim and between the calm surroundings, the repetitive drum beat and the tone of his voice, it was a prime environment. I felt the initial body sensation which had always preceded this. It's like a warm wave that consumes you and by now I was quite familiar with it and knew what would happen if I went with it. But by this time, I'm that much more programmed and it's that much harder to 'let go'. Instantly I got excited in anticipation but that took me into my brain, so the sensation vanished. I took a deep breath and relaxed and it started to come back. I went back and forth a couple of times until I finally was able to completely let go. By this time I had a much better understanding of what it was I was seeing and studied it more closely. The entire stage turned to light. Ray, the guy doing the performance, no longer had a physical body, he was an egg shaped light object. There were colours and waves of colours that changed moment to moment and there was an inner glow, in the very center, that was about 1 1/2 feet tall and about 4 inches wide that was brighter and more vibrant than the any other part of him. And the light began to dissipate toward the outer edge of his energy field (which extended about 3' from where the edge of his physical body would be). I managed to sustain it for a few minutes and then spent the rest of his performance trying to get it back. It came and went in small waves for the remaining 10 minutes or so of his performance.

It has not happened to the same degree since. For the past couple of years I have practiced, off and on, seeing electrically but haven't yet been able to get past the physicality becoming a black silhouette (that always happens the moment before your vision switches to being fully electrical).

These experiences are a part of the foundation that form my beliefs. I have learned how to recognize energy, regenerative and degenerative. I have studied at length the affects of this. And I pay attention to the body sensations that happen when I am gaining a new level of understanding. That's the resonance I speak about. I get the same sensations that always preceded electrical vision, to varying degrees, when I am close to discovering a new phase in my learning.

I'll leave it at that for now. I'm curious how you took all of this...

37yrs • M •
Well you must know by now I am a skeptic. Put yourself in my shoes, I must figure out what is more likely now. Is it more likely that you are a crackpot or is it more likely that you are on to something which has been ignored for the past 4000 years of written history?

Anyway, you understand I don't choose my beliefs.

50yrs • F •
Actually DT I can't say that I do understand that you don't choose your beliefs. If you aren't the one who determines what you will or will not believe, then who is? You're obviously an intelligent human being who questions what you are told so that, I would think, you can determine whether or not you will believe that which you hear as part of your truth.

I'm confused please explain that.

37yrs • M •
I do not decide. Reason decides. What I mean is, the goal is that my beliefs be no longer dependent on me. They should ideally only depend on the evidence.

If you are free to choose your beliefs, they are arbitrary beliefs, I try to believe the necessary consequences of the evidence presented, there is no choice involved (apart perhaps, the fact that I try to believe by evidence).

50yrs • F •
"something which has been ignored for the past 4000 years of written history?" I don't see that it has been ignored... we just have to know where to look...

As far as the aura goes... I'll give you what I would consider to be evidence that the aura exists (outside of the fact that I have seen it).

1.Traditionally the chief of an Indian tribe was the most spiritually developed member of the tribe. The chief's head dress was the biggest and most colourful of all the head dresses. The more spiritually developed you are the more colourful and brilliant this are of your aura is.

2.People who are considered good managers or administrators have a stripe around their heads and along their legs. Coincidence that cops wear these stripes in these places on their uniforms?

3."Red with rage" If someone is angry, there is a dark murky red form in their aura and remains as long as the emotion lasts.

4."Green with envy" If someone is envyous, there is a dark murky green in their aura that remains as long as the emotion lasts.

(Degenerative energies appear as dark and murky and regenerative energies appear as clear and bright.)

5.To have a "bright idea" there is a bright manifestation of colour just above the head. Coincidence that "bright ideas" are depicted as a light bulb above the head in cartoons?

37yrs • M •
What do you mean 'coincidence'? I'm sure you saw a cop or a cartoon before you saw an aura just like it.

50yrs • F •
Decius, did you read the lengthy post prior to the one where I listed examples of aura in our culture? I was offering DT something from my personal experience that would give me reason to have the beliefs that I have....

37yrs • M •
"The fallacy of the scientific is that just because something can be explained scientifically, that still does not address the "why" notion. "
Its not a fallacy. Science explains how anything happened. It doesn't pretend to know more then that, unlike some belief systems.

What is the soul? - Page 3
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy