Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Traveling

User Thread
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that lynniepoohs is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Traveling
I just got back home from a 3 day round trip to Wyoming. Went to Medicine Bow, which was 1100 miles with 3 kids! I was excited about seeing my old bosses, and my youngest son got to see his best friend. The whole trip revolved around picking up my step-daughter, which is great since she is now living with us for good.

Any ideas of how to keep kids from getting so bored on the way back? It is just the thought of knowing that you are going home that makes you testy? The baby was the best of them all, he slept

I have to make this trip again, in a couple of months and I don't know if I will survive the trip home. Just in need of some sound advice, and more probably adult conversation.

"Enjoy your family as they are our lives."
 54yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evilia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Video games, and LOT'S of snacks.

I have a 4 and 11 year old. (boys) Without the SP's..... I would lose my mind.

I remember one time.... I believe my little one was two. (a TERRIBLE 2 at that) The only thing that kept him quiet is playing Bye Bye Bye by NSync. I played the same song for 4 hours straight...... but it worked!!

"Spellcheck is for pussies. REAL women make mistakes."
 58yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that cowgirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Let's see. How old are the kids? Me I have a portable DVD player and they watch movies, plus we have Game boys and CD players for pretty much everyone. I also buy each of the older kids a camera and let them take pictures of things when we stop or going down the road. I have also learned a few games. One is the poker game. You use license plates and use the numbers off of them to see who gets the best hand and also the ABC game. You use signs, cars, trucks, etc. and get your letters in order and the first one to Z wins.

It helps the younger ones learn thier letters and numbers plus keeps them busy trying to beat each other at the game. Since I am usually the one driving I usually loose. They do have a good time though. I am planning a trip to Arizona in a couple weeks so I can sympathize with you.

Good luck on your next trip.

"Life is like a box of chocolate you never know what you will get!"
Traveling
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy